Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One: first look
Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One
3. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Depends on the person, HTC One takes it for me.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not with that terrible camera it doesn't.
9. jellmoo (Posts: 704; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I think it really depends on what you value though. The camera on the One isn't stellar, sure, but the size of the Z2 is a pretty big turnoff as well. It has phabletesque size without the benefits.
Ultimately, it's too hard to tell until we actually get our hands on these devices. Plus the real comparison will be made when the sequel to the One is announced.
14. hboy857 (Posts: 241; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Yeah, a terrible camera that s4 couldn't beat.
4. Astoni (Posts: 571; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
HTC one Imo, i own the z1 and in terms of holding it in the hand is pretty horrible compared to other devices, and z2 is even bigger.. Sheer power z2 wins but we'll have to see HTC m8 specs first to know :p.
5. s_boy (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Phones are getting ridiculously big now, entering phablet territory for a the standard flag-ship sized phone.
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1458; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
it is a beautiful phone :D I just love the fact is water proof!!
8. Amir1 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
the so called "best phone of 2013" (by some reviewers) just got OWNED by Z2. in everything.
10. datphoneguy (Posts: 141; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
HTC's screen STILL looks better than the Z2's IMO.
17. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
One is just better in term of pixel density. Z2 wins in color reproduction
11. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Man get z2 compact out close to this z2 launch because it is too big even for me who is an Sony fanboy. Hopefully HTC One 2 show how good a phone can be without being so damn big. i know its not waterproof but I take a smaller device over this giant.
13. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sony already show you "how good a phone can be without being so damn big."
And I'm sure my Z1 Compact is still good enough to compete with HTC One 2.
12. tyger11 (Posts: 84; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Does the Z2's camera have optical image stabilization? That was the major lack in the camera in the Z1, and I've not heard anyone talking about this for the Z2 yet.
15. Dante216 (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
How many times is Sony gonna put out the exact same phone with the exact same crappy UI?
16. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'd like it if PhoneArena could add how the display looks at full brightness to its handson/preview/review articles. Like for instance when you're watching a movie or youtube video and need to turn up the brightness, do the colors become washed out? Do the blacks become bright gray or do they retain most of their darkeness.
18. jesuskz (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
I'm not sure if phonearena posted this yet but I just checked my Att htc one and its downloading the kitkat update.
19. Trex95 (Posts: 571; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
http://youtu.be/IJquEOrTj1Y Xperia Z2 review .
20. tfouto (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)
Sony is lying to us. Sony is using TFT for Xperia Z2. Maybe only in european markets?
Colours 16,777,216 colour TFT
Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 pixels
Size (diagonal) 5.2 inches