Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One (M8): preliminary comparison
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 11:12 posted on
The Xperia Z2 is Sony's greatest smartphone yet. It is sleek, powerful, and equipped with a very capable camera. But could it be better than the new HTC One (M8)? Perhaps this preliminary comparison will aid us in finding the answer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
165. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 151; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
-Premium quality design
-Water dust proof
166. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And at least SONY updates their ANDROID OS unlike HTC does.
174. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
My career tell me go for m8 cus htc devices have a better optomize than sony and samy product..
Primume feel is first reason that i pick up a phone..
I have both xperia z and one and sure i tell u one faar better than z..
Z2is great but sony 's phone almost isnt same that one we see in advertise and in work has a less performance that i expected..
Specially in ui i dont think any phone come to near to sense 6 with most beautiful and charismatic usage.
179. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
My friend, I had the Z, and those plastic edges.....not cool, the HTC one really feels better, but try the Z1, or better yet, the Z2 ;)
187. Fynjy777 (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It was in the past, from Android 4.3 Sony's UI is very well optimized.
It's a matter of taste. I don't like HTC's Sense at all and Sony's UI looks much better and much more beautifull for me. But Sense is still much better than Touchwiz.
2. NoFanboy (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Close call but I'm gonna have to give it to htc.
142. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Too bad sales will not be a close one LOL. HTC sales is so bad that they recently stop publishing their sales figures in the EOY financial reports.
162. BeMoGamer (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Tell me about sony sales you idiot. How high are there. LOL I NEVER seen someone with a sony device. Never seen a xperia z in person. At least someone holding it XD. Before you talk about sales. LOOK at sony's. Dumba** LG is even doing 100x better then sony in sales. Sony can stick to the PS line. Since it's the only thing they are good at. I mean they dont even make Vaio anymore. LOL Failed on the PC market. They failed on the smartphone market as well.
168. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Look at this arrogant fan girl trying to assert her points across. Firstly, Sony sales per annum is 10m, LG 12m. Doing basic maths, which I'm sure you lack of, the differences isn't 100x. Secondly, you never seen anyone holding a Z? That's just sad, I've never seen anyone holding a LG or HTC. Lastly, Sony makes profits from smartphones, LG and HTC bleeds money from it. If you can't make profits, youre a failure alrd, just like HTC and LG.
180. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Sales are always going to be bigger for Apple and Sammy, at least this year....Sheip-syndrome, so your argument is invalid.
5. calim (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Unless HTC has managed to keep some killer features hidden I'd get the Z2.
Definitely the Z2!
8. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
any killer features does sony have? name me one? they copied HTC dual speakers and they copied HTC feed? what else?
11. Feanor (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
1.Integrated active noise reduction; More important to me than dual speakers. Ultimately a smartphone is an outdoors device, so you will be most likely listening to music with a pair of earphones rather than from the dual speakers.
2.And the well known water resistance.
Now name me one killer feature that the HTC One 2014 will have that the Z2 doesn't have. ;-)
163. BeMoGamer (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It has duel cameras. Better imaging. Focus. Stupid sony retards. I swear/ I rather get a iphone FIVE then some sony garbage
181. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Wise buyer no doubt =)
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Copied dual speaker? Are you drunk or what?
Do you think One was the first phone with dual speakers?
And their Blink feed was a copy of WP itself.
keep on trolling.
16. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
you drank they got the idea from HTC one that is stealing. if there was no HTC one sony would have never done dual speakers they stole HTC design ideas
29. Amir1 (Posts: 291; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
funny at best. sony is in the stereo speaker business long before HTC's CEO was even born. don't talk nonsense. you could say, sony brought stereo speakers from their audio division. stereo speakers in sony product is natural thing. they should have had them long time ago.
50. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 248; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
I don't see Sony use it in the phone before
149. Odiin (Posts: 333; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
HTC's CEO was even born?
Lol, u made my day, best line
30. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Your logic is so special,
Just enjoy yourself mate.
One point, Sony could make a powerful speaker while its phone is water proof.
One more point, please don't compare the history of Sony in audio with that of HTC.
105. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah zero. Your no. of brain cells=zero
123. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
come on man just try one time htc one and see htc have a better class in phone sony try hard to came up but not now they can
but htc have a fell like home
136. phonejustice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i once hated HTC, but once i've tried the HTC One, im in love with it, before that i somehow regretted that I should have bought the S4, not HTC one, but now I appreciate it very much, much better than s4.
68. markshane (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I just couldn't resist but reply, SONY ERICSSON W550 (Dual Stereo Speakers - One on side and the other on the back)
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Explain to me how BlinkFeed was a copy of WP. I'll wait.
46. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Look at the tiles of WP and you'll understand.
72. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Ever heard of an app called Flipboard? You should probably check it out since it's been downloaded over 100,000,000 times according to Google Play.
96. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Dual camera=another gimmicky crap camera from htc
164. BeMoGamer (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
So is water proofing. Garbage. Like really.
182. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Personaly I like to take underwater pics, in pool, and specially in my fishtanks, so...rephrase that last sentence please!
18. pyradark (Posts: 807; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Waterproof, noise cancelation, triluminous display, thinner than htc and it will sell very good
108. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Noise cancellation only work with a specific pair of headphones. Triluminous is still not better than Super LCD3. HTC One will still have a more ergonomic form factor. I'll give you waterproof but that's all Z2 has.
6. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The Z2 is a really killer phone, but for me, its second to the M8. Good job HTC and Sony.
7. papss (unregistered)
Both have amazingly sexy frames.. I even like both UI but since Sony is hell bent on sticking with one small US carrier here in going with the m8
14. Heatfan316 (Posts: 504; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
The One is better looking, but the z2 is waterproof, it's a coin flip for me I'll take either one of them.
27. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Once you go Note, you just can' go back to screens less then 5.5''
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Downsizing back to 5" just for the HTC One.
98. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ohh great hell, first supporting galaxy s5 and now crap htc one lol
151. Odiin (Posts: 333; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
His main agenda is only to hate Sony, so he will support anything except Sony,
@ next he will support LG G3, n again he will support his home product, I mean to say Note 4,
57. Genza (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
So far from all the rumors and leaks that i know, i think Z2 is still slightly better than the M8.
1.Glove mode, stylus or any pen support
2.Built in digital noise cancelling technology
5. 3200 mAh battery.
6. 4K Video.
7. 3GB of RAM
Are some of the advantages of the Z2.
137. Fynjy777 (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Don't forget about Sony's Live Colour LED technology which makes colours even more saturated than SAMOLED, but same time has extremly accurate colour reproduction.
64. Loubielou (Posts: 381; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Why?do people slag Samsung down for production of the Smartphones,as nearly Every Sony Smartphone looks Exactly the same as the others Produced,Sony need to change there Design of the phones,so the High End phones look more Different from Cheaper versions,an look better Quality
66. gigaraga (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Z looks like Z1 which looks like Z2.
At least S4 to S5 is noticeable.
70. TMach (Posts: 422; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I doubt you've taken a close look at the Z series from your comment. There are subtle differences between the Z & Z1 such as rounding off the corners to make it less angular never mind a raft of other details/specs. The design language is the same but so is that of the Galaxy S series and the iPhone......the devil, as they say, is in the detail!
74. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9813; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They all look the same...dot. Sony fanboys bash Samsung for designs but Sony has rehashed the same design in multiple phones, especially in the Z series.
77. Genza (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I think the biggest problem with samsung devices is because from entry level to high most of them look the same.
97. Genza (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I do not agree with what you say, because Xperia M, SP and Z does not look the same.
Anyway omnibalance design only about a year old and if I'm not mistaken Z3 will use the new design.
111. Rexperia (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Are you blind? Use your brain! Please check Xperia from low end to high end then you clearly will find the differences among them, if you still thinking that it remains the same design, sorry to say so you are totally sony haters! All I can read about your posts on Xperia news, nothing but negative and bad things about SONY. What is exactly your problem with SONY???
126. TMach (Posts: 422; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Certainly not a fan boy, I think I can happily state that being a current LG G2 and S4 GPE owner. Perhaps you would care to read and comprehend before commenting. The devil is in the detail, as the post states, the design language of most top end phones is fairly static with a few tweaks here and there and that goes for the Z series, S series, iPhones through 5s and potentially the HTC One series. I use whichever phone grabs my attention overall and afraid you can be an ostrich all you want but for me the Z2 has everything! The change from quite good but not super great TFT LCD to IPS LCD is a game changer! Deal with it......
148. Dieche (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
You're such a hypocrite, you won't admit when Sony is winning but you want everyone else to submit when you think they aren't. Get over yourself.
152. Odiin (Posts: 333; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Yes Z series only, that also flagships only
Your Samsung looks same from its ancient S3 to S5, low end to high end
183. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
That's is definatly true Papa, but Both of them reached a point were there's hardly anything to improve, the matterials, glass and metal, the proporcions could be better, but overhall good balance and premium feel, why should they change.
And let's not talk about sammy.
65. gigaraga (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Looking like a fierce battle....GS5, One, G3 etc...