Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One (M8): preliminary comparison
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 11:12 posted on
The Xperia Z2 is Sony's greatest smartphone yet. It is sleek, powerful, and equipped with a very capable camera. But could it be better than the new HTC One (M8)? Perhaps this preliminary comparison will aid us in finding the answer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
HTC ONE M8 kills - sony brick phone boring sony Ui
4. NoFanboy (Posts: 275; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Sense 6 looks amazing. It's looks are honestly competing with stock
113. drunkenjay (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I have used htc one, galaxy 1 to 4, iphone 5, lg g2.
i can say the best ui in order galaxy, lg g2, htc one, iphone 5
reasons were touchwiz was easy for me plus i have grown onto it.
lg ui is similar to touchwiz could say it is a copy so the similar feel wasnt too bad. iphone is boring and hence i sold it.
htc one was clean but some parts of the ui really annoyed me. sold it as well.
i have not tried sonys ui but it feels flat and does not seem very complicated. It is pretty much a soft overlay of kit kat android.
im getting the z2 shifting away from samsung as it has alot to offer. i dont mind the pricing but it will be a whole new experience.
in phone wise i think z2 beats htc m8. It has more to offer and it looks cleaner. The htc ones design was also very good (dont know about the new m8 just seems more round) and the matte aluminium on the phone was really nice.(once in a while i would remove the case to feel the metal).
the only thing that would temp me to buy the m8 would be the stereo speakers which is one of the main selling points. The camera might be a gimmick but who knows.
The z2 somehow follows the road of where the samsung s5 should be. It was a geeks phone with high specs but it seems more consumer based but im suprised high specs was not what the consumer wanted. The heart monitor just seems useless and im a fan of stereo speakers.
the htc m8 case looks appealing but doesnt match the usability of the samsung or lg g2 flip cases.
and waterproofing is not a gimmick since i always freak out when theres rain while im outdoors. Water proofing always give you a sense of security.
10. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Just one word for new One,
enjoy your monster bezel phone.
Oh, I thought its water proof but it isn't, sorry for you.
And about the design, your beloved phone looks like a bar of SOAP. lol
13. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
your wrong sony and samsung this year have more bezels than the HTC One M8 you blind? go get your eyes checked
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
At least they are water proof and big bezels are necessary for water proof phones but what about One?
It won't even survive in the rain. lol
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And you said you don't troll. What a hypocrite.
All New HTC One > Z2
32. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Would you please tell me how exactly im trolling?
Don't you thing the first comment is more a troll than that of mine?
41. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Have you ever worked with it?
And what about the "brick"?
You're a nice troll.
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah I have. It's almost as ugly as LG's UI and unappealing to me. That's the reason why I passed on the Z1 and will pass with the Z2.
Face it, Sony's UI looks the way it did back in 2011. It's 2014.
51. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
So as LG UI is the copy of TouchWiz, so you must hate TouchWiz as well.
And where is your answer to my question about the "brick"?
accept the defeat bro, you just tried to continue his way of trolling and you did it well.
56. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Touchwiz is miles ahead of the blatant copy UI from LG. Does it hurt you inside to know that Sense and Touchwiz is the best looking UI on the Android front?
Thanks for reminding me. Brick as in huge, squarish, and plain design.
62. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Sammy fanboy is talking about plain design.
Thanks for the try.
63. TheMeaTree (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 Mar 2014)
I personally think the Z2 is better just look at all the specs side by side and i much prefer the simple elegant look of the z2 UI and case, not to mention the water resistance and noise cancellation in the Z2. only thing that interests me about the HTC one none is the duel camera.
They dida good job on the case to. but fro me the Z2 takes the edge here
101. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3649; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Touchwiz is plain utter crap. I just wish sammy ditches crapwiz and crapxynos.
159. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
he has been banned for a week so he cant post for aweek
156. Odiin (Posts: 325; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Height of fanboyism,
really do you have eyes?
89. williandyzxz (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Sony ui is not the best but will the best and u also can download sony themes at sony select if u boring.
129. Fynjy777 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Disagree. Z2 > All New HTC One, and that's why: Sony has waterproof and beautifull design. Look at speakers of HTC they aren't symmetric, it looks ugly. Moreover Sony's display should be more accurate in colours reproduction and should have wider colour gamut.
141. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Enough..each phone is great in terms of design but the z2 is better..the thing is that the new htc one has the same crap camera..there is no ois..i've seen the videos and it shakes like hall..that huge bezel on the bottom is damn ugly..i have no idea why they opted for software buttons but sticked to that bezel in the same time..actually the bottom bezel is bigger than the one on the last year model..the z2 has more screen estate, and also great stereo speakers which sound good even if it's waterproof..right now, the z2 is the better option..hope to see a great lg g3..not to mention that the z3 is on its way later this year..
175. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Hey Papa, please tell us in what manner does the M8 beats the Z2??
I guess they both beat S5, but that's old news...
160. BeMoGamer (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You are such a retard. The newer samsung phones are NOT waterproof. Before you say something. Actually know something sony fanboy. Idiot..Water resistant isn't water proof. And Waterproof isnt a big deal. I dont think people fear is dropping there phones in the toilet. It's more of them getting the devices's screen cracked...idiot idiot idiot, Waterproof...A feature you wont even use
100. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3649; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol can you read numbers . Also s5 and z2 have bigger screens and both are waterproof.
17. hboy857 (Posts: 314; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
No need to fight. Both are great looking awesome phones.
22. Tizen007 (Posts: 567; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Um... I think the HTC One looks better... yeah.
20. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Do you see those speakers there? thats why there are "bezels" The only thick bezel is the HTC logo but its not a big deal. More beautiful than S5 and Z2 but Z2 is great also.
45. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
5.2" display vs 5" display.
Now whats your idea?
53. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did we forget the Z2 is almost the same size as the Note 3? You're trying way too hard and going nowhere.
59. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Compare the size of S5 and Note3 with regard of waterproof feature of S5 and you'll get your answer.
61. ToxiD (Posts: 43; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Lol, you are hating HTC in every signle post from you. You like S5 design more than HTC One, even it looks like band-aid. You always find something bad against HTC and admire Sony or Samsung. Seriously, do they pay you?
Sony is much wider than HTC, tallness isn't everything.
HTC is really tall but its corners are curved and ergonomic so I belive it will be more comfortable to hold than Z2.
I personally like both Sony and HTC phones. Finally Sony didn't put the TFT old crap into their flagship.
73. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You ignored my statement again lol. I'm not surprised. The Z2 is larger than the S5 and that's a fact.
Btw, Sony doesn't care about you. Just letting you know in case you haven't already.
79. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
marginally. what are we looking at here? 4mm? that's significant for you? hold them and that number is never palpable. oh i forgot... the plastic build
176. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Removable battery is a big plus I must say, but please, do this, hold the Z1, hold the M7, and hold the S4, and tell me wich feels better, more strudy and premium, Personally I love my Z1 but I'm not blindfolded ok?
HTC always made beautifull devices and the M8 is quiet a looker, but Sony has a little more "sugar and Spice"
130. Fynjy777 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Z2 has quality stereo speakers and Note 3 doesn't have. Than Z2 is waterresistant while Note 3 is not. That's why Z2 has such dimensions.
133. Fynjy777 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
The new HTC One has big dimensions but doesn't have waterresistance and has display smaller than display of Z2 while Z2 has quality stereo speakers.
145. nlfffffff (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
z2 5.2inch ip58 ：146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm
m8 5inch ：146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
114. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
What do you mean my idea? The z2 is still a bit bigger than HTC m8. NOW whats YOUR idea? You think those are exactly the same dimensions? Get your facts right stupid
21. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 217; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Really Sony mo're like bezels
Just look again
95. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3649; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol not this time, coz your htc has behemoth of bezels. Ohh wait they were always big atleast from the desire and sensation times
121. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
come on sony make bad and worst phone
htc make great
161. BeMoGamer (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You say bar of soap. Wrong retard. It's shape is. Which is good. Its corners are round and make the device feel 100x better in the hand. Its curved. IT HAS DETAIL. All of these which the xperia z lacks. Looks like a pathetic piece of a thin brick
177. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Shut up with the Bezels, god damn that's just a buthurt excuse.
24. Amir1 (Posts: 284; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you're funny at best. Z2 smashes m8. better overall imo.
85. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6891; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
So u rather have lots of UI with tons of clutter than a cleanliness UI?
87. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
only thing htc one m8 kills is itself. goddamn it's so fugly
93. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3649; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ohh fanboy say this when the gimmicky camera turns into ultimate failure. Say this when galaxy s5 and xperia z2 destroy the one in sales.
122. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
come back when you lost and then see this time htc rock i now the htc the solve all problems they have and last year is camera
106. eq5555 (Posts: 63; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
Thick bezels, over an old camera (1/3, bsi), outdated screen (old white led), non waterprof
Smartphone for those who fap on metal and does not use a smartphone
or simply noobs
131. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Off topic guys but, VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!
132. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
(vote for the padfone) :D
140. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
M8 for enjoyable life..
Z2 for good life..
S5 for toy story life..
178. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
You sir, deserve my like x)
I agree with you, M8 and Z2 are winderfull phones, but I'd go for Sony's device, Simpler UI and overhall superiority. M8 is too well design, almost looks a bit fem... Guess the darker one would look good on my pocket though.
But...last years ulrapixel really stole my credit for HTC