Sony Xperia Z2 versus Sony Xperia Z1/Z1S display comparison
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2014, 08:56 posted on
Taking the detail part out of the equation, we can visually see the superiority of the Z2’s display. In general, the screen has a more vibrant look, which helps to cast some deep and robust color tones – whereas with the Z1/Z1S display, there’s a recognizable amount of dullness, to the point...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Um... in the 2nd pic, taken from a bottom angle, the Z1 appears to retain more brightness although it's definitely more yellow. In the 3rd, the Z1 appears to display whiter whites, looks bit brighter too, although that depends on the setting.
Anyways, thx for the comparison, let's see how DisplayMate sees it.
2. tech2 (Posts: 3159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
+1. John V. can you confirm both were on same settings in terms of brightness ?
16. John.V (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 May 2011)
yes, i placed them both to the highest setting
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wait i'm confused. Mr. John V. can you confirm from Sony what kind of z2 panel is, is it an OLED or simply LED backlit LCD.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Z1S display was that washed out? Improvement yes, but it looks like Sony over saturated the colors on the Z2 like LG did with the G2.
5. maherk (Posts: 3038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Expect them to release the Z2579aS in 4 months with a better triluminus screen!! Am glad that it's not just me that finds the whites are too yellowish and that this phone still suffers from bad viewing angles.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Z1S and Z1 Compact were just released too lol. Z2S should be here by June to improve on what the Z2 never did.
8. maherk (Posts: 3038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Z, Z1, Z1S, and now the Z2, were all released in 13 months! Tells us much about the perfection of this flagship.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Viewing angles are still pretty bad compared to 1520, iPhone 5S, Note 3, G2, HTC One to name a few.
12. maherk (Posts: 3038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Oh no?!! But it is a triluminus is it? Triluminus produce the clearest sounds out of all batteries in the market. Sony are the best, after I buy their flagship, they release the next one within a month just to keep me refreshed. Jokes asides, why does these trolls always claim Samsung copies from apple, when according to them Samsung is ugly? And is not it funny how Sony uses a glass black, and the same camera and flash placement as the iPhone 4 and 4s had 4 years ago?
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because Sony is "innovative" while Samsung and Apple aren't. If it weren't for those two, we'd still be using flip phones. But Sony made glass phones popular, not Apple. Z2S rumors and leaks should begin pretty soon and be announced around June.
14. maherk (Posts: 3038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You're better than that man, June??? You should do your homework better next time. Expect it to be released in April lol
7. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
In most reviews for the Z1/Z1S, the cons were always the washed out display. Now the Z2 takes care of that but as most reviewers will, they'll find something wrong about the phone despite its great specs and performance.
9. maherk (Posts: 3038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
We are stating the obvious, pictures don't lie, the Z2 has yellowish whites and not so good viewing angles.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And according to the user base of this site, it's the best display in the world... Sorry, the 1520 still ranks king.
17. tech2 (Posts: 3159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
and also according to N-faboys, no one will beat Nokia XL with its 480*800, 187 ppi screen.
Seriously, though Sony fanbase seems kinda cute when it comes to Nokia fanboys. Say a word against their beloved brand and they'll chop ur Mickey's throat off.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They already have at least 200 times since yesterday. It's okay though. They're making themselves look bad without me even having to try.
15. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Wow! Really? Dam! :( well at least more improved than the Z1 lol