Sony Xperia Z2 to be released by Verizon in the third quarter?
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 13:12 posted on
In addition to launching the Xperia Z2 smartphone, Verizon may also release the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. However, nothing is confirmed at this point...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Too bad Sony can't get their phones released earlier back there in the US
2. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
By this point, other (better) phones will be out. Too bad.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4791; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah, this wait is crazy. I think I am just going to buy the wife the Samsung Galaxy S5. Sony dropped the ball. Why should I buy a phone that will be almost if not a half a year old already when it comes out in August?!?
10. maherk (Posts: 3320; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
What's more disappointing is that by the time it reaches Verizon, the Z3 will be announced and people have lost interest in it's predecessor.
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Not if the Z2 is $100 on contract when it comes out on Verizon in Q3 :P That would be a big attraction there.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Somehow, I tend to doubt the VZW edition Z2 will be $100 on contract when (if) it drops. Which is why there won't be too many VZW edition Z2s sold. Sony and VZW need to put their heads together and figure out how they can get a release schedule managed so the products are available on VZW at the same time they are available elsewhere. Sammy can do it. It isn't rocket science.
18. Canaan (Posts: 321; Member since: 25 May 2014)
You make it sound like the Z2 will be super outdated, when it will only be one chip set behind. Besides, recent tests have shown that the snapdragon 805 chip isn't a vast improvement over the Snapdragon 801.
4. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Why not release it in 2016? Sony z3 is probably around the corner because of 6 months release cycle and we are barely getting z2 in a us carrier now?
5. zig8100 (Posts: 227; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Smh. Too late. S5 Prime , Note 4 , HTC Max 2 , G3 prime and whoever wants the same Apple product the Iphone 6. To much competition at that time.
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Shame, Sony might have lost many potential buyers.
8. Commentator (Posts: 3645; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Just like how the Z1[S] didn't come to the US until several months after release. It's too bad Sony/the carriers can't seem to get on the same page, Sony's had some potential winners lately.
9. Odiin (Posts: 340; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Isn't too early? As usual lazy Sony. You have lot to learn from Samsung LG HTC in this particular matter. Simply wasting opportunities every time.
13. rsiders (Posts: 816; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
If the release date is still in question at this point that's pretty terrible on Sony's part. They have the right ingredients and built up the right hype and then, they completely fumbled with the release.
14. ashb22 (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
I'm on Verizon, and I was all excited when that photo with their branding first appeared, because I was waiting and hoping to get that phone. Now that rumors about the Z3 are circulating, why would I want to buy the Z2?
It's bad enough to get a new phone when it's first launched and then have it be outdated in 6 months. Getting a new phone and seeing its replacment launching elsewhere in 6 weeks or 6 days (hours?) is not a situation I aspire to.
15. maine3000 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
I'm usually a Sony guy, but that's too late for me. Galaxy Note 4 will get my money at that time
19. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Oh man, you are sponsors of World Cup at least release the device before WC is over. You're advertising now & gonna sell after the WC.