Sony Xperia Z2 named official smartphone of the 2014 World Cup
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2014, 19:57 posted on
The 2014 FIFA World Cup has an official phone, and its name is the Sony Xperia Z2. Sony is one of the top sponsors for the World Cup, and it has put together a video showing some of the nationalistic behavior usually spotted in the stands during the matches. Sony is also sponsoring a contest called the Sony Football Challenge...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Love my Sony Z2
What more could you ask for?
2. MrTzr (unregistered)
I love my z2 too. Definately the best H1 flagship phone for me!
35. Finalflash (Posts: 3128; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They should push the Z1/2 compact as well. If that things gains momentum it could be a game changer for the industry. We might see super phones of all sizes, I would personally love a 4.5 inch LG G3 or padfone infinity. Good to see Sony flexing their marketing muscle. Finally some amazing competition in the Droid space between LG, Sony and Samsung with Asus, Lenovo, HTC, and the Chinese in the wings.
3. techperson211 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
This is a good advertisement for Sony . Nice one . Now the world will notice that Sony is back in the game.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Like No Others
Make And Believe
34. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2129; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I swear you resemble the TROLL user a lot.
But you're right. Why compromise?
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This is best time to advertising. Go team sony
24. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Sony deserves a chance and this could be it.
4. maherk (Posts: 3880; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
How are you bragging about the S801 when you're always hating on it or any other Snapdragon processor?
And IF I had the Z2, I would've loved it for it's:
design(Z1 compact has a plastic back yet it is gorgeous and considered premium)
And the ip58 certification.
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Cause of Sony
Yes the S801 is still rubbish for me, cause I'm a big power user
I have the Note3 Exynos version.
Over clocked A15s to 2.5Ghz, with straight 4XA15s, with disabled A7s. Ram 5Gb with a app called RamExpander on Playstore. It let's you partition the Nand Drive by using Samsung class12 64Gb Memory card. Rooted and using Syiah Kernels and AOKP Rom. Over clocked Gpu.
Overclocked voltage settings. Using SetCpu with changed Cpu governor to Performance mode.
But a big drawback is the phone battery drains out 50% more than the standard Note3 Snapdragon version. But I don't care, cause the difference is phenomenal and immense and way much faster and powerful
15. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
No need to worry, in 2015 you'll be satisfied with S810(64-bit ARMv8 Quad Cortex-A57 + Quad Cortex-A53 that can run simultaneously plus Adreno 430 which is 80% faster than Adreno 330).
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
PowerVrSgxRouge are way much better G6630 at 290gigaflop, that's 150% more than Adreno430.
16. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The big drawback is not only fast battery drain, but also higher heat development.
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Who cares? I'm playing games at 60Fps, and around 200 gigaflops.
Just use a good solid back cover, and you won't feel the heat.
25. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
No your not because it would heat up and throttle itself.
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
When the Samsung S1 came out in 2009, and users wanted 2012 specs, are you complaining about the specs about know what we using on the phones...know?
So when 2016 will come and these specs will be available, you won't be complaining.
Do users complain about intel i7, where most users are using intel i5
BMW M3 owners would love to own and feel the power of Ferrari and Lamborghini and porsche. Do they ever complain
You must love what is been given to you but don't like what is available.
Are you a typical average joe?
26. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There is no such thing as a class 12 micro sd. If the application doesn't support hyderthreading there is no advantage of the quad core i7 over the quad core i5. A true power user would use an enthusiast series intel cpu.
Your just killing your phone slowly for a small gain if you actually overclocked it, enjoy your future paper weight.
It is near impossible to max out 3GB of ram on android, your just lowering your devices performance by using that crappy app. That app is for low end devices that don't have enough ram.
29. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"It is near impossible to max out 3GB of ram on android..."
I max out 3GB of RAM all the time on my Note 3. Just load a bunch of browser tabs in Firefox and you'll run out of RAM quite fast.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Goaaaaaaaaaal......goal goal goal goal.....
I can't wait.......I still love Zidane....
Finally arrived.... FIFA world cup...
39. T.Law (Posts: 414; Member since: 10 May 2014)
I love mine too!
I'd prefer it to be more compact though, and may be more features like my previous Note 3, to really get the most out of Android's potential.
5. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2207; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Sweet, now I just need to wait for the "Xperia XI" ad starring Shaka Hislop, Michael Carrick, and Gabriel Agbonlahor.
7. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Again ... No world cup in Brasil ! We need education, public health and a better place to live. The sponsors don´t care. They want sell more, just it ! I like Sony, I´m a Note 3 user but also a RX100 owner. I love it ! Waiting 1' sensor in cameraphones (Android).
11. chocowii (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
In contrast, World Cup brings tourists. Tourists means jobs. Jobs means income. But the happenings in Rio detracts tourists. Dont blame the World Cup. I heard the Brazil team is great, time for them to show their flair in their home country.
28. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
The problem here is not lack of jobs. The money from population goes for world cup,it´s a shame ! Yeah Brasil team is great ! But we have major problems to solve.
13. mr.techdude (Posts: 571; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Love my one m8 but seriously kudous to Sony, well bloody done :-)
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
My boss won't give me off opening night...have to get live updates on my Xperia (not Z2)!
I really wanted to curse him...lol!
17. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 163; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I feel really happy for sony that they become the official sponsor of 2014 world cup, it will boost the sales for sure..
Oh by the way..
I live in Indonesia and there was an annual smartphone show & exhibition called "Indonesian Cellular Show" usually held at the big Jakarta Convention Center. The 2014 Indonesian Cellular Show was held 2 days ago.
Good news is, Xperia Z2 DOMINATED the awards show by winning 4 award categories:
1. The Best Performance Smartphone
2. The Best Cameraphone
3. The Best Multimedia Smartphone
4. THE BEST SMARTPHONE
Congratulations for sony, I feel so proud of owning Xperia Z2 :')
22. kent-gaga (Posts: 502; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
aaaannndd nobody realize that the phone that appeared in this promo was actually the T2 Ultra, not the Z2 lol =))