Sony Xperia Z2 in-depth video hands-on
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 13:13 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 might have been our favorite smartphone from MWC 2014, but it's impressive closely-matched it was by the Sony Xperia Z2. Indeed, Sony has crafted an incredible handset, and since we're sure that the Xperia Z2 will have millions of fans across the globe, we're delighted to present you with our in-depth hands-on video with it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3807; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Now that's what I'm talking about. Z2 is best.
13. amasog (Posts: 311; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
cough* cough* bezel bezel.. y r u so huge???
19. MrTzr (unregistered)
Because of a 3200 mAh battery, a 1/2,3" Exmor RS sensor and waterproofing?
31. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
love how people are finally backing up sony.
all the other poeple have used samsung phones for far too long and are scared of any other company that starts challenging samsung.
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If S5 has 5.2" display, stereo speaker, 1/2.3" sensor and 3200 mAh battery i'm sure it will be bigger and thicker than Z2.
5.2" is about 2.5 mm larger than 5.1".
Stereo speaker needs more space than small physical botton + finger print scaner*.
And i'm sure 3200 mAh + 1/2.3" sensor is physically bigger than 2800 mAh + 1/2.6" sensor.
*HTC One with stereo speakers is even taller than some 5" phones and iPhone 5s even with finger print scaner has the same dimension as the iPhone 5.
28. hery14 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I think you're blind, please compare S5 and Iphone 5s bezel
27. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ray.S does one of the worst reviews on any phone.
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1811; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
the best IPS display MWC 2014. Z2 rocks
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think Its hard to beat iPhone because you can't get iOS experience from any other devices.
9. hboy857 (Posts: 340; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
I agree iOS is great so is WP 8 But android is my personal favorite when it comes to mobile OS platform. Simply because of sheer amount of customization available for android. I can even make my phone look like iOS or WP 8.
I also belief user experience> spec list.
21. MrTzr (unregistered)
Z2 > S5/M8 > 3310> iPhone 6
4. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Samsung started with Galaxy S2 at MWC 2011
Now its Sony's turn with Xperia Z2 at MWC 2014
5. superkuiken (Posts: 117; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
Samsung galaxy S2 still is the best galaxy
6. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
But now its all about Z2 which already kicked S5 :D
11. varunrawal (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
sony z2 great looking phone but i don't see any new innovation (spec wise and look wise its almost the same like the z1 or even the z leaving aside the cpu and ram)…..s5 got a heart rate sensor thats something ,new look wise it sux…waiting to see wat htc has in store…i think the note 3 is the best one till now
12. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Z2 is the first phone with brand new Colour Live LED technology and also the first phone with built in Digital noise cancelling technology.
14. amasog (Posts: 311; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
z2 & every smartphone with LED flash can have the heart beat sensor u r talking about. u just have 2 install the app! LOL!
15. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
You can use almost any android phone with camera and flash all you have to do is go to playstore search for heart monitor apps.
Compare to Z2 the best thing about Note 3 is only stylus.
22. varunrawal (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Yes i do agree its got all those awesome specs…i think u have forgotten about the note series battery history which has had a better track record than any z series plus i do agree the z2 must be an amazing jaw dropping but truly i don't see anything new like quad display or some new design its just improved spec sheet , i don't think this would compel someone to shift ova from another brand towards it or in terms would think of an upgrade from the z1….i think S5 does needs that appreciation of trying to getting something more than a good screen to the market
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think we need to wait Z2 battery life test before we talk to much about Z2 battery life.
Since 2009-2013 Nokia and Samsung is the only brand that i trust when it comes to smartphone, but ZR and Z1 Compact is good enough to "Shift" from Samsung to Sony.
ZR and Z1 Compact also has great battery life.
"I don't see anything new" are you sure about that??
Because you can't get this from Z1or even any other phone.
1. IPS and Colour Live LED technology.
2. Front facing stereo speakers and built in Digital Noise cancelling technology.
3. MHL 3.0
4. 3GB of RAM.
I think S5 is already get enough appreciation thats why you can find soo... many articles about S5 on PA and some other tech site.
30. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
well, do you know that Z2 has dual stereo speaker like HTC One?
new IPS screen
and do you think the heart rate sensor in S5 is accurate? The test shows that it's not accurate enough. Someone has tested it and it shows a very low heart rate (which is impossible for a normal person)
16. Xenaz (Posts: 140; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
"The Samsung Galaxy S5 might have been our favorite smartphone from MWC 2014, but it's impressive closely-matched it was by the Sony Xperia Z2...."
Forget about it PA, you guys just never get rid of your biases. PA only good in news and updates but never in reviews and hands-on.
18. baldilocks (Posts: 635; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Way too many port flaps that will break in no time and weird button placement.
32. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That flap thing applies equally to galaxy s5. Worst they are made with same recycled plastic remains of GS3. Speaking of button placement have you tried yourself hands on.
34. Finest (Posts: 90; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Those flap things of mine is still working. It's very durable for 2 years my sharp aquos phone is still working like a boss. For me water proofing is the best innovative idea ever made by phone manufacturers
38. kyobil (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
well my xperia Z flap still works well and current Z1 flap is perfect since you need waterproof micro sd and micro sim card. weird? it's perfect
20. LuckyS (Posts: 154; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
The mother of all smarthpones with sweet, best mobile OS.
33. techperson211 (Posts: 1006; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
If the next gen iPhone comes. Surely it will be phonearena's fave. Starting to think that they only go for Samsung and iPhone .
36. TMach (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Jeez! Could they not find a reviewer with a less boring monotone voice? Stopped watching halfway through the first video.......sorry!
37. Taters (Posts: 5729; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Sorry but the blueprint of this phone is tricking HUGE! If you can't keep the size compact, don't add 20 mp cameras, glass, metal, and waterproofing. Haha
39. kyobil (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
welcome back from the jungle... we already have compact phone with top performance processor with waterproof capabilities + 20 mp camera...
40. TMach (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Why even bother dignifying that idiotic comment with a response! Maybe he'll [or she will] go crawl back under that rock......lol
41. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Are the bezels the only thing people can bring up against the z2? You realize bezeless would a pain in the rear end right. There needs to be something there if even a little something, and Sony's phones are far from ugly. Thing is just straight up beast mode so stop pissing and whining that people like it more than the failed S5