Sony Xperia Z2 hands-on: pushing the limits
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 07:09 posted on
It's been another six months, and so it's time for Sony to unveil yet another cuting-edge Android smartphone. Coming to replace the critically-acclaimed Xperia Z1, the Sony Xpera Z2 is the manufacturer's latest and greatest smartphone proposition. This time around, Sony seems to be really pushing the technology limits with this one - the Z2 is once again bringing some much-appreciated improvement in most areas, and, thankfully, a pretty major enhancement in the screen department. All in all, Sony's latest flagship shapes up as a very promising offering - one that we're definitely looking forward to...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
62. kyobil (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
in Z2, sony remove anti-shatter film... so no screen protector at all
51. Kiiro (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
I own a Galaxy S4 but I'm not very trilled by the S5. At this time the Z2 seems like a more attractive option to me but one of my main concerns is its resistance. Reading that the front and rear are made of glass makes me nervous since I'm very prone to drop my phone all the time which has not been an issue with the S4 which has withstanded any and all drops so far.
Any advice from current Z1 users on this matter?
63. mokhtar (Posts: 203; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
afraid from what glass ? glass is the most awsome strong build quality , i drop my phone everyday i swear ( i have z1 ) and no issue or scratch on it , simply sony build quality is phenomenal
52. nazyr1803 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
how about sony make a z2 compact with dual speaker in front. waiting for it to happen
77. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
we will see the Z2 compact by sure before end of the year
80. nazyr1803 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Hope so.. And i can make my moto g as a phone call and message use only.
55. droidpcindia (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
TOP 2 gadgets unvieled in MWC (Moblie world congress) Barcelona
watch their first impression here with specs
57. Trex95 (Posts: 543; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
http://youtu.be/IJquEOrTj1Y Xperia Z2 review.
59. Imaxxacre (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
Knowing Sony, this will probably only be released on one US carrier anyway.
60. aepril12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
So much better than the new Samsung S5
*water and dust resistance
61. therons (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Sony doing excellent job for Z2. screen,battery, ram, processor, stereo speaker. and also experienced in waterproof cameraphone. what should i say...Bravo.
Z2 is going to be super hit in next 6 month.
but i,m still waiting next flagship and i guess it is going to be IGZO screen 2k, ram 3b, snapdragon 805 2.5 gh, camera 20.7 mp OIS. hopefully Z ultra 2 bring it on.
64. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Didn't even mention the front stereo speakers.
66. techperson211 (Posts: 510; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Would like to have this beautiful beast!!
70. turbalejo (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Flash? I recall the z1 did not have camera flash? it looks like z2 has flash? it this correct? Gratzi.
72. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Beautiful phone and I sure would like to try it next , but I will never buy a phone with less than32GB even though it might come with an SD card slot. You can't put a lot of things on an sd card , so I am looking for onboard 32 GB at the very least.
76. RadKrish (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Though im an LG fan i like this live wallpaper alot :) Installed it on my G :D
78. BruinsMcWoo (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
Can't wait for this phone to come out. Still have the Samsung s3 and it's nothing but problems!! Had to replace it twice over a two year span due to hardware issues. Just got off phone with T-mobile and their rep said it will be released sometime before or after the s5 is released. Wish it was already here!!!
79. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
By sure you will not regret it.
The Z1 compact is already a great piece of hardware and the Z2 is even better.