Sony Xperia Z2 early benchmarks are here: Quadrant, Basemark X, GFX Bench
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2014, 18:19 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z2 is among the very first smartphones packing the new Snapdragon 801 SoC, and sure enough, there's plenty of tech enthusiasts out there eager to find out whether or not the silicon can rock the house. We were curious about the chip's performance as well, which is why we didn't miss the chance to run several benchmark apps on the Xperia Z2. The results, as expected, were off the charts...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Useless benchmark tool, my Nexus 4 scores half of LG G2's AnTuTu, yet my phone is much faster and smoother.
11. Federated (Posts: 255; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
I've had both phones. LG G2 is definitely smoother and snappier than Nexus 4.
18. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Stop lying.....i have both phones and nexus 4 is faster because it runs stock rom but G2 has some i ugly topping over Android
2. Bootutu (Posts: 213; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Adreno 330 killing Imagination PowerVR Rogue now, can't wait to see what Adreno 420 can do, Awesome result!
14. nokia12 (Posts: 452; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
All of them crushed by Tegra k1 .. even the Adreno 430 will fall short of Tegra k1 ...
15. nokia12 (Posts: 452; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
Edit - i meant Adreno 430 Might fall short of Tegra k1 or exceed only marginally
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 1037; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The Manhattan and T-Rex results are currently the best in class
4. UglyFrank (Posts: 1037; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Can someone verify something for me, did Samsung definetely say they were using an 8974AC?
5. Bootutu (Posts: 213; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Scroll right down, Only AC goes up to 2.45GHz, and its mentioned Gionee ELIFE E7L and Galaxy S5 utilizing that SoC.
7. UglyFrank (Posts: 1037; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I know that but I don't remember Samsung saying they were using the AC, i'm just praying for the 805
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9809; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They're using the AC clocked at 2.5GHz.
9. apple4never (Posts: 1031; Member since: 08 May 2013)
how is it that the z2 got 17k when i tested my n4 and got just around 11?
12. apple4never (Posts: 1031; Member since: 08 May 2013)
and that i can get 21k on my midrange Xperia SP
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
As far as i know basemark is an uncheatable benchmark and uses real world scenario to test. So xperia z2 is faster than galaxy s5. So its pretty clear samsung has always heavily cheated on benchmarks.
19. dbrie (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Were the T-Rex and Manhattan results for on-screen or off-screen?