Sony Xperia Z2: did you like it?
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 06:53 posted on
Ever since the Galaxy S5 and the Xperia Z2 were announced, we've been keeping track of what is a very visible trend with our readership: you seem to hate the new Samsung flagship. Instead, many of you are completely enthralled with Sony's new top shelfer. Our Samsung Galaxy S5 poll from earlier this week corroborates that notion, at least in part. An overwhelming 80%, or over 7000 of you, disliked what Samsung will be offering this flagship cycle. Now, we could sit here and try to argue objective facts, but, instead, we're more interested in gauging your feelings towards Sony's Xperia Z2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Sony camera never excel, horrible as usual
61. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
no bro. it's all about how you shoot. if you have skills, you can rock even with a nexus 5. And if you can't, DSLR will have flaws too -_-
66. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
no it's not true! sony camera's is too good! can even match with lumias! maybe your eye has the problem, not sony's..
84. fireblade (Posts: 700; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
did you see the latest review about Z2 low light camera, huh? it outperform Lumia 1520 in low light condition.
47. pwnarena (Posts: 907; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
just give it some time. it will go down. you won't have the latest xperia but you will at least have an xperia finally worth having.
anyway, they'll announce the successor 6 months from now so there'll surely be some big price drop.
who says frequent flagship releases have no advantages. just look at the price falling as the new flagships get announced and that's just within 6 months. we should all be happy.
42. andhraking17 (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
i like the phone but it lacks in the security division where apple and samsung had introduced their fingerprint scanners.
85. fireblade (Posts: 700; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
pin lock or password is not enough for you?
51. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Other than it being massive and no fingerprint sensor? Amazing.
52. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Amazed, to many vote yes than the Galaxy s5? But s5 can monitor your heart,its a life saver.
86. fireblade (Posts: 700; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
too bad it's not accurate, at the MWC someone tests it but it shows a low heart rate which is not possible for healthy person
54. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I absolutely love it, and would gladly drop any other OEM to try it if it was readily available in the States.
56. GMS85 (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Still I ain't convinced doe, Sony could do better!
62. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 726; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I honestly don't give a damn. If it's better than before, then good for them. If not, at least they tried
65. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 638; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Sony must overhaul the UI which looks & feels so Android 2.3...
89. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 638; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Talking about Looks... See Sense 5.. Awesome loooks and light UI..
67. antonioli (Posts: 176; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Curious....it's the opposite from Galaxy S5.
And the S5 is said to be the best of MWC.
68. greyhulk (Posts: 119; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
The Z2 is more of an upgrade over the Z1 than the GS5 is of the GS4.
69. isprobi (Posts: 199; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I liked it but screen size is important to me so I bought a Xperia Z Ultra.
70. RajRicardo (Posts: 31; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Results are total opposite of what sammy got for the S5 :p :D
72. harigrg33 (Posts: 159; Member since: 20 May 2013)
My next phone z2, tired of playing wit s4.
76. LGisgood (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG G3 WILL BE MADE OF PREMIUM METAL!
AND ITS A WATERPROOF PHONE!
78. Federated (Posts: 238; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
How can I not like the Z2? This is easily the best smartphone on the planet at the moment. Will be replaced by Z3 in the Fall. :)
79. noteseries (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
boring design and non removeable battery
88. techperson211 (Posts: 662; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
6 months cycle is not for the world it's mainly to accommodate the needs of their people in japan. But since they want to share the best technology in the world that's the reason why they release it globally.
90. Scorpion (Posts: 85; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
If you ever wanted an Iphone with a big screen, I think SONY nails it. The most significant development is the 3 GB of RAM, That's the one igridient that gonna keep your UI smooth no matter the odds. Not exactly my style, I like Sammy's "discover ever more features" thing, but it's a beauty I'll admit.