Sony Xperia Z2: did you like it?
10. chunky1x (Posts: 163; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I voted yes but part of me said no. Sony finally release a good smooth smartphone after so many disappointments(xperia z tops the list). However, with superior smartphone with competitively low price tags like LG G2 and Nexus 5 and beast like Note 3, still cast doubts if Z2 is even worth it.
18. givemespecs (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I have the LG G2 and I love it but the plastic back is very flimsy and it creaks around the camera / button area. I am seriously considering switching to the Z2. It is a beautifully crafted device made from premium materials. It offers everything I would want from a phone. Haven't seen any pricing yet from my current Network, but they have it as coming soon. It could be very expensive but I guess you do tend to pay more for better quality, and the Z2 is up there with the best.
23. chunky1x (Posts: 163; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
That is a very dumb idea. If you have a G2, the Z2 will be a very mild update. Hell, I got Optimus G pro but will never consider jumping to G2, Z2, G2 Pro and Note 3. If I where you, save your cash for next gen 64 bit architecture multi RAM phones coming this year or the next.
71. isprobi (Posts: 181; Member since: 30 May 2011)
This person said they are interested in a premium quality phone not specs. None of the phones you mention can be considered premium quality since they are made of cheap plastic.
91. zachattack (Posts: 532; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Jumping to a z2 from a G2 is not stupid , the z2 is a better phone.
81. cheetah2k (Posts: 768; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
1 drop of the Z2 and you'll be wishing you stuck with the LG... Sad thing about premium aluminium bodied smartphones, they don't look so hot after hitting the ground. Be sure to put a thick otter box case or similar on it!
92. zachattack (Posts: 532; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Silly excuse, i rarely if ever drop my phones and even scuffed aluminum looks more attractive than scratched chipped plastic. The build on the G2 is pretty strong though, one scratch on my screen after slamming it between my car door. That's pretty impressive. I still think the z2 is a worthy upgrade to any phone on the market. Thing screams elegance and power
19. Amir1 (Posts: 240; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you get what you pay for. Z2 has what note 3 and g2 doesn't have: strong stereo speakers, display with the best color pallet on the market and maybe the best display on the market (according to hands on), stunning premium superior design, true water and dust proof, one of the best cameras on the market, digital noise cancellation, slightly newer cpu, more ram then g2, near stock android, beautiful walkman app, blazing fast response, etc. no match. there is nothing to think about here.
26. chunky1x (Posts: 163; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I agree. If money is no object Z2 will be the strongest candidate. This is the best Xperia line so far.
63. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
sony phones are the best. even the Z1 and other smartphones of sony, but the problem is, sony is too expensive!
82. cheetah2k (Posts: 768; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
But has BIG forehead and chin...
... and I still scratch my head over the fact that sony hasn't incorporated wireless charging already. That would negate the need for that ugly magnetic port and probably solve a myriad of sealing issues around the port as well.
43. josephnero (Posts: 277; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
beautiful Casing alone destroyes LG and Note 3
73. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Those big bezels and onscreen buttons kills the Z2 for me.
I know they're there for waterproofing but i dont need waterproof so unless sony releases a Z2L then i'll buy Sony.
Im happy with my Note 3
75. LGisgood (Posts: 414; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG G2 WON BEST DESIGN AND ENGINEERING DEVICE @ CES 2014!
LG G3 WILL BE MADE OF PREMIUM METAL!
AND ITS A WATERPROOF PHONE!
30. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
No, No, Hell No!!!
32. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2314; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Z1 should have been like Z2. minor upgrade as a flagship.
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3237; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Oh hell yes....go z2. every Sony fans come on, say it: Go Z2
55. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5528; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I liked the Z2 a whole lot more than the GS5. If the Z2 is available on VZW, I will buy one.
58. akki20892 (Posts: 3237; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
You know whatever evleaks leak is 100% true.
2. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I wish it had more wow factors, i dont mind having fingerprint scanner, nonetheless, it is overall a great improvement.
3. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Best of MWC 2014
No matter how much it sells
Its best and better than.....Ssssshhhhhhh
4. MrTzr (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
It has a great 5,2" triluminos display, an excellent camera, IP58, noise cancelling headphones, a large battery, clean UI, etc.
What's not to like?
21. Amir1 (Posts: 240; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
then go with z1 compact if size really bothers you. otherwise i don't see meaningful size difference between Z2 and the other flagships from other companies. if you're looking for the best overall premium flagship it's either z1 compact or z2.
34. toink (unregistered)
The Z2 is too big while the Z1 Compact is too small for me. I'll wait for Z2 Compact. It should come with a 4.7 screen, my sweet spot.
80. vincelongman (Posts: 941; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
This.The Z2 is too big for me, the Z1 C is too small for me.
Z2 has 5.2" screen and is 146.8 x 73.3
Z1 C has 4.3" and is 127 x 64.9
Thats at 2cm drop, there's no middle ground
I want a ZL2 with a 4.7-5" screen in a 130-135 x ~70 body
38. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
horrible battery life, fragile build quality, and so much more not to like
57. timaustin2000 (Posts: 35; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
"but enough of my Samsung,...." bmm bmm, tsch!
74. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Display it too small for me
The camera is great +1
I hate the huge bezels. I do not need a waterproof Smartphone. Be it Sony or Samsung
I never use the headphones that come with the smartphones because they are always sub par. Heck, even SkullCandy or Beats or JBL's are better.
I need a removable battery.
The UI is good but i hate onscreen buttons.
So its not for me. I love my Note 3 but im no blind fanboy.
If i had to choose, the Z2>GS5
5. toink (unregistered)
Such a rhetorical question.
6. snowgator (Posts: 3187; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Do wish Sony took more chances with design, but this water proof monster is ready to stomp like the "Godzilla" remake (which looks AMAZING, by the way!!).
7. hboy857 (Posts: 146; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Very Good looking phone
Front facing dual-stereo speaker
Bigger battery than z1
Lighter than z1
Have more ram than z1
What's not to like about Z2?
37. Commentator (Posts: 2292; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Speakers aren't front facing, unless you view the phone directly from the top and the bottom simultaneously.
44. lucid.brat (Posts: 79; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Except dual stereo what is new in z2.....rest are the minor improvements which every phone makes...is there any new feature which makes it different from z1????
12. shipstylin (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I haven't seen confirmation that it is definitely coming to the US though and if so if it will even be available on Verizon. If the answer is yes to both then this will definitely be my next phone. I was planning on the S5, but was just not impressed with it as much as I thought I would be, I don't care about the heart rate monitor or the fingerprint scanner.
13. aayupanday (Posts: 453; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Nice Speakers, Brilliant Screen and a Great Camera So definitely YES!
BTW I'd like to see some real comparison in the Camera Department.
14. Nabil2511 (Posts: 147; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
i like it but 6 months is wayy too short..
15. givemespecs (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I spent the past 5 months looking forward to the S5, and since it's launch, all I have looked at, read about and watched videos of is the Z2. In my humble opinion it's a beautifully crafted device with great specs. We all get bored of our devices eventually, usually within 6-12 months but I don't think I would ever get bored of looking at the Z2. I have the LG G2 currently and I'm very happy with it in terms of looks specs and performance, but it fails in build quality with the back creaking around the camera / button area, and you can push the back in slightly as the plastic is so flimsy.
My next phone will either be the Z2/Z3, iPhone6 or HTC's 'All New One', or whatever they chose to call it. If I'm spending £100 up front and £35 per month, the device has to be up there in terms of features and performance, but build quality is also a major thing for me.
16. mdroid (Posts: 22; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
for a every 6 month upgrade cycle of a flagship, defiantly "YES".
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, definitely! Even though the design on the Z2 didn't change much from the Z1, but it's still gorgeous. Sony fixed all the flaws from the Z1 and now they come up with the Z2 with better display, better speakers, faster processor and 3GB of RAM. So yeah, I like it!
24. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But Sony should've add an IR blaster on the Z2.
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2611; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That 6 month flagship thing is hell no. But other than that YES YES YES!
22. npaladin2000 (Posts: 110; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
It's not perfect but it's definitely likable. Especially with the water resistance and stereo speakers. Like to see a better UI on it though.
39. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
illusional sony fans as always
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
A Samsung fan fooling around in a Sony Xperia Z2 poll, how pathetic. Did Samsung give you 20 cents to come here and troll because of the amount of "No" the Galaxy S5 got in the poll?
28. Xenaz (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Although it is not really a worth upgrade from Z1, but it is really a nice phone which done well in most aspects and it is definitely better than the GS5.
29. pwnarena (Posts: 817; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i was supposed to vote "no"
but after seeing the s5
i changed my mind
call it a protest vote
35. chunky1x (Posts: 163; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Yeah. S5 should have been a game changer but this year, it is the biggest dud.
31. kanagadeepan (Posts: 634; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Atleast they decreased the bezels and gave JUMBO battery...
33. fireblade (Posts: 629; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
yes, of course I like it because finally Sony answer our complaints like poor viewing angle, bad camera, old OS, etc. What I don't like is its price hehe