Sony Xperia Z2: 10 essential camera tips and tricks
Sony Xperia Z2 camera tips and tricks
1. Use Manual mode at night if colors don't look right
2. Reduce overheating chances
3. Use your physical camera button
4. Locking focus and exposure
5. Z2's digital zoom is not useless
6. 4:3 vs 16:9 aspect ratio
7. Try the 60fps 1080p video mode
8. Try the HDR video mode
9. Download extra camera modes
10. Burst mode
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Oh cool you can download camera modes, didnt know that :)
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
"To prevent this from happening, try not to expose the phone to direct sunlight while shooting" :D
Sorry, but having experienced overheat message on 3 different Z2s, I had to laugh at the suggestion of not using the camera outdoors. I'm laughing at Sony of course. An IMX sensor is found in about 200 other devices and not a single one gives the overheat message.
7. T.Law (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2014)
This is actually one of the most annoying thing about my Z2.
10. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
This overheating thing has happened to me with the Z1S.... ran it under water to cool it off and I was back to taking pics.
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3303; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Mine doesn't heat up when using other than 4K modes.
6. vctrdnl (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
The best solution of the overheating camera problem (number 2.) is turning SteadyShot off, especially when shooting 4K videos.
8. rsiders (Posts: 309; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Can a camera mode that allows you to capture at slower shutter speeds also be downloaded from the internet? That's one of my favorite features.
9. rsiders (Posts: 309; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
And here's why. Taken with my Lumia 920. Thumba_2014-06-22_09-44-36https://farm3.staticflickr.com