Sony Xperia Z1S leaks out, mini version of the Z1 for the global market
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 02:02 posted on
It is every bit as powerful as the larger brother, with Snapdragon 800 processor and the same 20 MP camera with Sony G Lens that gives other cameraphones a run for their money. The only thing that was scaled down was the screen resolution from Full HD to HD, but given the much smaller screen diagonal, you still have plenty of pixel density to work with...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. skuld (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
the only mini that can go toe to toe with major flagships.
21. Neutral (Posts: 30; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I wish other manufacturers can follow this, although I like big phones
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2606; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is it... You need to learn something from this >> Sammy and HTC.
Sony please bring one more with this camera technology and 4.7" screen or say upgraded version of ZR. I'll be happier then.
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
samsung has nothing to worry about, they allready make the smallest 5inch phones and the note 3 with 5.7inch screen is almost the same size as sony Z1 with 5inch screen.
18. tom-phils (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Hi, They have the same screen size but lets not forget that they have different build. Z1 's water and dust proofing and camera makes them big / thick. Try to compare xperia ZL and galaxy S4 and notice the similarity in dimensions.
6. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
I would buy one if they can make the bezels thinner all around. A little too thick for my liking.
10. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hope the bezels are small, so its about size of the iPhone, so iOS would find it easier going to Android.
15. peterselie (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Sure, because also the iphone has such small bezels.....
19. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea, but the iPhone has a tiny 4" screen
The Xperia Z1S is rumored to have a smallish 4.3" screen
So a phone with a 4.3" screen and small bezels should be the same size as a phone with 4" screen with big bezels.
11. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
With specs like that, I think is quite impossible to make it into a thinner bezel.
If thin bezels is the most important thing for you, Maybe Droid Mini is the one you’re looking for.
7. Genersis (Posts: 183; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I wonder if it will be more expensive than the Z1, and if so, by how much...
8. BabylonShine (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
This is the one its even better than old Z1
9. .KRATOS. (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I'll have to choose between this one or the nexus5.
12. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This is the device that'll make me jump ship to Android. Thank-you, Sony!
14. amats69 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sony really did a good move about this z1 mini..this phone is so tempting. Im torn between this and nexus 5..if this is a lot cheaper than z1 and to nexus 5, ill take this one as my backup phone.
17. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
i seriously doubt it'll be cheaper than the nexus 5...knowing google's subsidy strategy...as for being cheaper than the z1 it's possible since it's smaller but considering it's nearly exactly the same spec wise and quality build...it won't be by much...i'd be surprised to see if it's reduced by more than 100 dollars vs the original z1
20. zennacko (Posts: 234; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Well, like any evleaks post, it's 75% true and confirmed already. But if it's released by January.. I'm SO buying this! Thanks Sony for taking me out of the way of the iPhone and its sexy size!