Sony Xperia Z1S is now official, coming exclusively to T-Mobile
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
should be be a kit kat 4.4 why sony? long time already..
3. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
Which one is the correct name, Z1S or Z1 Compact? Seems contradicting with other sites I've been read.
5. Birds (Posts: 1085; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Its a completely different device.... One has a 5 inch screen, the other a 4.3 incher.
4. SolomonGrundy (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
It's 2014. Why not the Snapdragon 805 instead?
7. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
2014 and Sony still hasn't learn a thing...
T-Mobile exclusive = FAIL. I really can't comment much about this....
TFT Display = FAIL. Why use the same screen panel from Z1? I thought that the screen was one of the cons for the Z1?
And Android 4.3? Sony is one of the few OEMs that is very close to stock. Not sure why it didn't come built in with 4.4
The Pros I see is the waterproof (water resistant) and the camera but the problems haven't really changed from the Z1...
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Are you a T-Mobile customer? No? Then why complain?
13. Jklaz (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I'm a Verizon customer and I would love this phone on Verizon. I agree the t mobile exclusivity sucks
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You know it all comes down to Verizon also. If they wanted the device, they would have pushed for it and spend the $$$ for it like T-Mobile did.
15. Dowson (unregistered)
t-mobile == unlocked, then if your carrier use freaking frequencies isn't sony fault but an american sh1t.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T is GSM too, in case you didn't know. Also, Verizon and Sprint are CDMA based, so they would require different frequencies and radios.
24. osanilevich (Posts: 256; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Always been curious about Tmo's unlimited international text and data. I thought for a second that this might be the phone that has me make the switch but then I remember how Sony always produces quality, but slightly outdated phones. That being said, I'll probably wait to see what the other 'flagships' (the term doesn't mean what it used to) bring to the table
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1455; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Okay, so to make up for screwing the U.S., they are going to release a phone that is exactly identical to the C6903 that is already available for less money? That's the most nonsensical thing I have ever heard in mobile.
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Some people say "better late than never" but not in this market. This phone should have been available on Tmobile months ago, not in the coming months. Another Sony fail, unfortunately.
16. saffant (Posts: 236; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
People whine about the S4 being too similar to the S3, but have no comments about this? This is almost a 100% exact carbon copy of the Z1. Yeesh. Samsung Haters gonna hate, huh?
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1455; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I love the Z1, and I have owned all three phones (S3/S4/Z1), and I have no problem calling a spade a spade: This is a consolation prize, and a poor one, at that. The C6903 is only a 16GB model, but otherwise it is identical, and it is unbranded and available in all three colors (It remains to be seen if T-Mo offers the white and purple). I'll take the unbranded device all day because the logo mars a pristine surface.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Let them whine. They have nothing better else to do.
21. Commentator (Posts: 2641; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The difference is this isn't supposed to be a successor to the original Z1 (also, it's only being released 4 months later.) The S4, meanwhile, is the successor to the S3. Complaining that this is too similar to the Z1 is more like complaining that the S4 Active is too similar to the S4.
22. jellmoo (Posts: 769; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
This isn't a similar comparison though. The S3 to S4 is flagship to flagship. This is just a variant of the Z1. More like the S4 to the S4 mini or Active.
A Flagship to flagship comparison would be the Xperia Z to the Xperia Z1. And yes, they were pretty darn similar.
23. jdot104 (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Come onnnnnn Google Play Edition! *shakes dice*
27. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hopefully the phone will do well enough that other providers will pick more of these in the future. I'd love to switch to T-Mobile, just to get this phone, but their network is just so bad in VA they won't cover me where I need it most sadly.