Sony Xperia Z1S hands-on
0. phoneArena 06 Jan 2014, 19:00 posted on
And it’s official folks! Long rumored for some time now, Sony Mobile officially announced its latest US flagship Android smartphone in the Sony Xperia Z1S. Depending on how you look at it, this T-Mobile exclusive smartphone can be regarded as either an improved version of the Sony Xperia Z, or merely a miniaturized version of the phablet in the Sony Xperia Z1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 990; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Am I the only one who doesn't see the exact upgrade to the Z1? Someone come make me look stupid....tell me there's something I missed...
6. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Much more pocketable and much easier to handle with the same internals and camera. Even better that its a 720P display on-board and doesnt have to waste juice pushing more pixels I cant see.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2418; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's the exact same size as the Z1 and has a 1080p display.
9. Birds (Posts: 990; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Ok, everyone has gotten this mixed up with the Xperia Compact...LOL...I see.
14. Taters (Posts: 3010; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not everyone. Just the ifans that tend to be clueless about things, especially smart phones.
2. papss (unregistered)
Its not at all an upgrade but more of a smaller version. Everything besides the size is the same.
3. Birds (Posts: 990; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Ooooh. Well, thanks for that...I didn't know...LOL.
8. Commentator (Posts: 2418; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Where are you seeing that it's smaller? It looks like the bezels are the exact same size as the Z1.
I know John said it's "a miniaturized version of the phablet in the Sony Xperia Z1," but I figured that was just a typo and he meant the Sony Xperia Z Ultra (since the Z1 isn't much of a phablet.)
18. apple4never (Posts: 948; Member since: 08 May 2013)
its not the mini Z1 its the z1's successor
10. Ikechukwu (Posts: 139; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Z1S... same as Z1. This is not the Z1 Compact
11. Lauticol (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
This naming is worst than HTC with the One series!
Everyone got confused between Z1S and Z1 Compact...
12. pwnarena (Posts: 904; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
stoooopid sony never learns. look at how awful that wallpaper is. is that what represents the best of sony? no wonder even cheap chinese brands are beating them in market share.
13. tyger11 (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Does the camera have optical image stabilization? That's really the only major thing the camera in the Z1 lacked.
16. jdot104 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Has anyone been able to figure out if this will be compatible with AT&T's LTE bands?
17. alexvv (Posts: 73; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
only actual difference to the z1 is the 32gb onboard storage