Sony Xperia Z1 vs Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom: which cameraphone would you get?
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 11:38 posted on
Sony's idea is to provide a sleek waterproof device not that much different than your current modern flagships on the outside, and stuff a souped up regular sensor inside, alongside photocentric features and apps, keeping things elegant. If you want extra camera abilities, you can attach the QX10 or QX100 lens-style cameras, and become a formidable wedding photographer even...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Correction: Xperia Z1 and Lumia 1020 are the best. Galaxy S4 Zoom is an oversize garbage.
36. Commentator (Posts: 3664; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Correction (to PhoneArena): You're "Side View" comparison is an absolute farce, as it cuts off significant portions of both the Galaxy S Zoom and Lumia 1020 to make them appear slimmer.
This is worse than when your Galaxy S III side-view was mysteriously warped to look significantly slimmer than it actually was.
68. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Correction. My Canon 5D mkII is the best with 70-200mm lens
57. lansky1213 (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
1020 definitely is the best in the camera department and durability
16. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
"I'll wait for the camera comparisons before pulling the trigger"
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Did everybody forgot the Oppo N1? A cameraphone from Oppo?
51. vikas.rrr (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Good to know that OPPO are also in the reckoning with the best in the business,though that's little hard to agree since both Nokia and Sony have had good experience makes camera phones and camera. But cannot rule out innovation, Lets see what they have to offer something better and unique or just gimmicky stuff good for special conditions (Read Ultrapixel)
21. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
As long as it runs on Android
Xperia Z1 FTW!!
40. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
TWO BEST PHONES with high MP camera lense. for me I'll get the Z1
54. rassouli5 (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
No phone can even come close to Lumia 1020! Nokia Lumias are the best phones ever made... Well soon to be Microsoft Lumias, which I'm more excited to see!!!
63. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Lumia 1020 = Master & Sony Xperia Z1 = Commander
71. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
No one complain about weight on the Z1?
weight S4 zoom (bulky and a camera-like) > Z1 > L1020
camera Lumia 1020 > Z1 > S4 zoom
74. namvuong77 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Lumia 1020 and Sony Xperia Z1 are following Nokia 808 Pureview .
Galaxy S4 Zoom has optical zoom 10x , likes a binocular . Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom makes a great difference .
2. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Is Galaxy Zoom even a cameraphone? It's just a camera with smart features.
3. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 580; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
For the Z1, I can say congratulations to Sony for making the phone slim with a big camera sensor.
41. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
they make it have bigger bezels too make it water proof.
4. Fernandezxc (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
The Galaxy s4 Zoom is not a phone, it's a camera that can make calls , so i dont know what it's doing here
20. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
a camera that can makes calls is a cameraphone...
22. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Can anybody confirm whether it have a OIS or not?? Its a nice feature for camera centric smartphones.
66. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 580; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
They use advanced digital stabilization with their Bionz imaging processor called SteadyShot.
6. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Lol S4 Zoom just focus on camera while ignore everything else while Z1 and 1020 is all around device just like normal S4, HTC One and LG G2
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lumia 1020 > everything else (besides 808 of course.)
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If it is a 'cameraphone', then it is 1020...over all best phone (which this comparison is not about) among the three, it will be the Z1.
I doubt the Z1 will be better than the 1020 because Sony always manage to get the sensor right but the camera software wrong.
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
he always does.
12. McJobs (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
LUMIA 1020 - best camera + decent phone
XPERIA Z1 - best phone + decent camera
S4 ZOOM - best garbage + decent nothing
31. Lyngdoh (Posts: 236; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The last line made me bust out laughing. Good point.
43. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
now that's how u compare a camera phone.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like the Xperia Z1 and the Lumia 1020, the Galaxy S4 Zoom is out of my list.
But my choice is still the Xperia Z1.
14. Guarulhos (Posts: 39; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Mi choice is Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom... However Sony Xperia Z1 is great, wonderful !!!
And next to the S4 Zoom and 808 Pureview (Cameraphone Hors Concours) are the 3 major cameraphones the world !
1020 "Fake Pureview" is crap... Very marketing and little effective results !
23. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
46. papss (unregistered)
45. papss (unregistered)
You obviously haven't seen the pics in person. The 1020 is no joke and I've taken amazing pics. Its hard to even take you serious with zoom being your pick
58. lansky1213 (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
We know ur a idiot cuz u put galaxy zoom 1st. 1020 youngster!
17. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
the zed one is heavier than the lumia *gasp
do you think anybody will notice?
na... itll get a pass
despite being almost the same weight as the lumia 920
reviews will now say "it feels premium" vs its heavy for the lumia
24. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
But still its looks premium and feels heavy
29. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
i think the zed one is incomplete without the lense
after you get accustomed to these things you expect them from everything else
i feel the same with lumia rich audio recording
every other camera phone video sounds like crap compared
38. Lyngdoh (Posts: 236; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
If 1020 has 5" screen it would definitely be heavier.
49. papss (unregistered)
Nice spin on reality
26. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia 808 PureView is the grandpa now, let grandpa have some rest. Now, it's time for the teenagers to compete against each other.
55. lalalaman (Posts: 630; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
With love...lumia 1020
I am actually waiting for 1520...it will be nice competition for z1 coz it also has 20mp camera and full hd screen with quad core....ac to rumors....pretty same han? Note 3 is out of league due to awesome s features...One maxx mayb a gud competition
34. sergiobr (Posts: 693; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note III is coming ! Hold your breath Sir !
35. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Nokia fans now dont cry
Methodology and test assessments have claimed Xperia Z1 takes better photos as compared to lumia 1020,iphone 5 ,htc one,lumia 925 and galaxy s4
this is the official proof which was done.and claimed
44. sergiobr (Posts: 693; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Thanks ! Die WP ! Sony has Android on it ! Elop you´re a stupid traitor, if you choose Android you´ll rule the samrtphone world and saved Nokia from M$.