Sony Xperia Z1 unboxing
0. phoneArena 19 Sep 2013, 07:18 posted on
Want to take a peek inside the retail box of the Sony Xperia Z1? Great, so do we! The Xperia Z1 has a cute little box that features all the standard stuff you'd expect to find inside, plus some nice extras...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
No and no sign of a release date or price yet. I'm betting being Sony this will cost 700 plus.
20. goprochyo (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
did u saw viewing angle of this device? not only this also it has white cloudy screen ( not clear like other device eg.galaxy,iphone,htc)
23. AnukulVcool (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
haha everyone says that because the wallpaper is sick not the screen
31. goprochyo (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
not only wallpaper it really has viewing angle problem.i saw many screen reviews.
24. Omarc07 (Posts: 201; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
They gotta change that wallpaper everyone told me the xperia z had same problem I also had the wallpaper they have on here I switched it took a pic of my cat put it as wallpaper no more cloudy viewing angle problem fixed. Its that crappy wallpaper tht messes things up.
3. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 830; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I have a feeling that Ray S. will be the reviewer of this phone.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I have a feeling that Ray will be posting a preview before the full review.
6. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 830; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
5. buccob (Posts: 1041; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Hopefully this phone makes him a bit of a believer in this company... Sony is really upping their efforts here
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2095; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Unleashing the beast... Hopefully Ray would also review it, as preview and unboxing is done by him and I think he'll review it over 9.5, hope so. :)
You have to swim Ray for taking full HD underwater shooting.
9. jdot104 (Posts: 40; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
My my my that is a beautiful device. I need this to be with AT&T.
10. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
if Ray S does the z1 review, then i am sure it will get 7-8
and with lots of False flaws will be drawn in review
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
There are already complaints on XDA about the screen, so I'm not holding out much hope for the Z1.
13. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah i agree with you Xperia Z1 has a crappy screen
Crappy screen, crappy camera and ugly design with huge bezels is the main reason why i would buy Xperia Z1.
15. flynfree (Posts: 373; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Only 5" screen but almost the same size with gnote3, nahhh!!!
16. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah Sony is sooo... stupid maybe Samsung can make bezelles and slim phone with 1/2.3” camera, 3000 mAh, S800 and IP58.
And i’m sure in daily life situations bezelles body will be much more useful than huge bezels (wich able to provide better grip and prevent accidentally touches) and IP58.
17. Taters (Posts: 2349; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes Sony is stupid for adding ip58 and a 1/2.3 sensor before it makes sense to do so. If Sony waited until they could make it smaller than the Xperia Z before they incorporated those things that not everyone wants they would have a huge hit.
But then again, by the time Sony could do that, Samsung probably would have done it already.
But to answer that question, yes Samsung can probably do all those things you claim they can't do if they wanted to. They definitely have more resources and money than Sony does, I just don't think they give two s**ts about ip58, big camera sensors, and big bezels. Not anywhere near their flagships at least. Maybe on their scrap yard projects like the Galaxy Mega and GS4 zoom.
21. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... Very interesting BS, Maybe you can show me any 5” device from samsung that can beat Xperia ZL screen to bezel ratio?
Samsung has tried to make waterproof phones and they have failed in terms of bezels and sales.
From what i know next year they will try to put 1/2.3” camera sensor inside S5 and i hope they also make the waterproof version of S5 so we can find out wich one better.
25. Taters (Posts: 2349; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol the Xperia ZL is fat. Anyone can make a super thick phone that size. The trick is making it small AND keeping it super thin.
What is the ZL? 2100 mah and 9.9 mm?
What is the S4? Almost as compact as the ZL in two dimensions with a 2600 mah battery, 7.9 mm thin, and much better internals.
I don't know what kind of cracked out math you see but the GS4 engineering beats anything out of Sony's camp easily and the sales show that.
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... you just like other mindless samsung fanboy never stop talking about BS.
just answer my question about screen to bezels ratio!!!
“Samsung has tried to make waterproof phone and they failed in terms of bezels and sales”
Xperia Z beats S4 Active in terms sales and overall size,
Even ZR beats S4 Active in terms of sales.
Oh yeah in your post #18 you said about bad viewing angles guess what from that link Z1 beats your beloved Note 3 in term of viewing angles.
27. Taters (Posts: 2349; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You Sony fans are quite delusional. You seem to be catching up to HTC and Nokia in retsrdism.
Are you seriously comparing Sony's flagship with Samsung's after school project the GS4 Active?
What is even more apparent is the Z1 copying the flapless headphone jack that the GS4 active uses.
The GS4 is a more impressive engineering feat than either the Xperia ZL or the Xperia Z or the Xperia Z1 and the sales and reviews will reflect this. The sad thing is that you are too far up Sony's ass to see what everyone sees quite clearly.
28. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha you are one clueless samsung fanboy are you serious that Sony copying from the copycat company like samsung? this phone has been using flapless 3.5 mm headphone jack long before samsung
e/261509/kyocera_hydro_review_ decent_specs_with_impressive_w aterproofing.html
Even kyocera hydro elit also has a flapless micro usb port.
There is nothing special about flimsy plastic phone like S4 even chinese companies is able to make a phone like that and when it comes to engineering feat Xperia Z/ZL/Z1/ZU and Tablet Z is way... better than any samsung phones.
Since Z1 and Note 3 is announced in the same day lets see wich one better in terms of sales.
12. goprochyo (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
except screen everything love it.
screen is really bullsh*t.please sony pay attension for next xperia z2 .......
14. anleoflippy (Posts: 225; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
See? This is what I'm telling you PA. Change the default wallpaper to something else. The new Nexus 7 default wallpaper maybe? Anything other than Z1's default wallpaper.
18. Taters (Posts: 2349; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Bad viewing angles, huge bezels, and brick like handling equal fail. Try again Sony.
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Calm down and dont buy it.
Easy as that...
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Bad viewing angles???
30. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
screen is like from last year smartphone. there is no way it can compete with htc one
or lg G2 screen resolution and viewing angles.