Sony Xperia Z1 teased again: G lens confirmed
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2013, 05:37 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z1, the phone we’ve been referring to as the Sony i1 Honami, will indeed feature a new Sony G lens…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tahnik (Posts: 123; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
In my opinion,they have really good camera but it's their software which is unable to make use the best of their hardware.
Anyway I own a cybershot which has G lens,And it's amazing...
Don't disappoint this time Sony...
5. sri_tech (Posts: 149; Member since: 21 May 2013)
They might have a good camera in Honomi, but I am not sure until its released and tested. Because all their cameras in Xperia's are lackluster.
They could have done much better when you consider that they provide lenses for many companies including iphones and cameras on their old symbian phones are good.
It cannot do better than Lumia 1020 because the lense is very small compared to 1020 but if this phone's camera can outperform all the androids and iphone that will be great achievement.
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 523; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
It'll be all round decent performer,which is the purpose of smartphone.
39. buccob (Posts: 723; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I agree, but tahnik has a point...
I actually like Sony's software as an Android Skin, and they have included quite a few useful features... small apps, quick toggles... But their camera software and optimization is way behind of what they could offer...
41. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 122; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Im sure the phone will look amazing, feel amazing, great build quality, but im pretty sure the camera wont be something innovative and amazing because SONY simply doesnt know how to make a good mobile phone camera like HTC. They made a whole fuss about ULTRA PIXEL in ONE and this and that and at the end the 1 year old iPhone 5/Galaxy S3 takes better photos. History says a lot about SONY smartphones and their mediocore cameras. Its so funny that a company that makes DSLR's, mirroless and all kind of cameras and is considered one of the best just cant make a good one for their phones.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1097; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Their new products are the ones that are disappointing. I still have an old sony cyber-shot g series at home and it took better pictures than some of their higher pixel models. In my opinion zeiss is still better than g lens
12. wicpromd (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
i just wonder what lens they used in Cyber-Shot K800i ,the legendary camera phone
that was one of the best camera phone from SONY
23. Shatter (Posts: 1638; Member since: 29 May 2013)
According to Amazon's Product Description it has "Carl Zeiss optics."
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3391; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This phone has REALLY peaked my interest. I wonder IF Verizon would carry this SEXY machine.
I am really going to consider this phone even though I want the Samsung Galaxy Note III. The Sony Xperia Z1 is one heck of a phone on paper. I REALLY just want to see it already.
Let's hope Verizon carries this phone, because indeed Verizon needs a bada$$ Sony phone.
24. a_merryman (Posts: 360; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Sadly, they probably won't. Neither will Sprint I imagine. Sony never gives us people on CDMA carriers any love :(
Which sucks b/c this literally sounds like the perfect phone for me:
-Sturdy design (water/dust and shock proof) (This one especially)
-Stereo speakers (hopefully as good as the BoomSound ones on the One)
-That absolutely gorgeous Triluminos Display
-Snapdragon 800/Adreno 330
-What should hopefully be an amazing camera
Honestly, the only things I think they could add to make it better is the option to boot stock, wireless charging, and have the base storage model be 32 GB. They have literally checked every box.
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3391; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
To me I always root my devices so Stock UI really doesn't bother me one bit. If Sony wants to be a player in the Mobile world they need to release their phones on ALL networks.
Verizon would be a HUGE market for them. If Sony were smart they would put a phone on Verizon, that phone should be the Xperia Z1.
34. a_merryman (Posts: 360; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I've rooted and jailbroke all of my devices as well. It would still be nice to have the option though. Especially for the people who want the clean android experience but are too paranoid to root.
Yeah, even the smaller carriers like US Cellular. And MVNOs.
Make it tri-band (for sprints version for their LTE network) and throw it on Sprint and I will preorder it for myself.
45. heyhi (Posts: 106; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
i dont think it will have stereo speakers.
according to these pictures on gsmarena, i see only one grill on the bottom.
29. jb4674 (Posts: 98; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I really don't understand why Verizon continues to prefer/rely on CDMA for their phones....
31. a_merryman (Posts: 360; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Because that is the 3G network VZW went with? They dont prefer CDMA, they do however still need and rely on it for their voice networks. VoLTE isn't ready to be deployed yet, let alone trusted solely to handle all of VZW's calls.
Do you think it would be a smart idea for VZW to use a technology that isnt ready and is unreliable for that application currently to handle all their voice traffic? Or are you suggesting they rip out all the CDMA bits of their network and convert them over to an also dying techonlogy like HSPA+? Because that makes perfect business sense. /s
40. GeekMovement (Posts: 1082; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I agree, but I'm still excited and I'd still get this phone if it were to come to Sprint. Would have been amazing if it came with 3gb of ram, but I own the Sony 24-70mm CZ lens and it is pretty darn amazing. I don't doubt Sony when it comes to camera, I just hope the call quality is better than it's older devices.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Just let down by not having:
S800 clocked at max 2.6Ghz
32Gb 64Gb memory
44. akki20892 (Posts: 1672; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
troll u should at least make your own phone u better like it........lol
2. pwnarena (Posts: 438; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i really hope sony does not disappoint this time. i still want to be a fan.
3. istitch (Posts: 117; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Good camera, good design, rugged, decent battery, good display, nice speaker
what else can you ask for?
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3704; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not just Verizon Wireless, if Sony releases the Honami to four major carriers in the U.S, it can punch Samsung in the face.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Buy it unlocked and put youre Verizon SIM card in just make sure it's compatible with cdma network.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1491; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I think this time they'll come up with great camera unless like its predecessor which was very behind in camera comparison with other flagships. Hope they would optimize their software.
7. wicpromd (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
SONY is really hiding something
previous leaks mentioned TEXT below that G lens and now its nothing
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1097; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm glad to see that sony is finally becoming serious with their new xperia handsets, those incredible specs better bring out an awesome performance
16. wicpromd (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
does it makes any difference if its f 2.3 or 2.0??
sorry but i really have no information about this "f" that stands for???
anyone can explain it??
how will it effect??
18. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 329; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It means aperture. Smaller number means that it has a bigger hole to the sensor making more light to pass through the sensor to provide better low-light imaging.
19. wicpromd (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
according to GARMIN Bike photo sample
the aperture was f2.0
and thanx for information...
26. jb4674 (Posts: 98; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's a friggin' phone man. If you want a higher quality lens, get a DSLR.
People can never be satisfied..........
37. Commentator (Posts: 1866; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
He said "oh well" what more do you want?
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3704; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Can't wait! My inner voice keeps saying "The best of Sony is about to get better". lol
Love you Sony!
22. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 57; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
It's either this or the next Lumia for me
25. SIGPRO (Posts: 317; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
No Lumia 1020 klller here! No xenon flash, small sensor etc etc
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
My only question on this baby is what's the zoom on the g lense and please compare the Z1 vs. Nokia 1020.
30. rickysam (Posts: 36; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
that size of the phone haunts me camera yea i dont have much expectations but hope that it will be on par with the s4 or iphone5
33. jove39 (Posts: 1126; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I am getting a feeling...this is a perfect phone I have ever seen...5" display...3100mAh battery...S800...I had no plan to buy new phone...but this thing is tempting!
35. BraggingBob (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Calling it a G Lens makes me think it's made by LG.
36. amats69 (Posts: 724; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Omg! Im really excited with this one..( hoping sony will not disappoint me at this time)...but im also waiting for the htc one maxx because i really love the design of HTC One.ahhhhh too hard to decide! LOL...well all i can do now is to wait for this devices to be available in the market and have my own review and that is the time to decide! Which is which!
42. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 462; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this spec is top notch,guess this is the right one.
46. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
But why 4.2.2. JB Sony! this a flagship Sony you should release it with 4.3