“Have we captured your attention yet...? #bestofSony,” Sony says in a post, playing with words as capture can also refer to the camera on the Xperia Z1. The earlier teasers showed a handset that looks nearly identical to the Xperia Z, but rumors agree that it will have one huge upgrade in the form of a 20.7-megapixel camera.
The G Lens is a name Sony uses for high-quality lenses used in its DSLR camera and it claims they are comparable to Zeiss optics in quality. The company claims G Lenses are known for their Grace (meticulous attention to design, looks and materials), Gather (most G Lenses offer maximum aperture and sufficient brightness even in low-light conditions), and Gratify (minimum flare inside the lens barrel).
We have already seen Sony confirm in its teasers the Xperia Z-like looks of the Z1 and the dedicated camera shutter key. The company also teased that the Z1 will be water-resistant like its predecessor.
Here is a quick rundown of the rumored specifications for the upcoming Sony flagship:
- Shock-, dust-, shatter-, water-proof, IP 55/58
- 5.0-inch 1920x1080 pixel Triluminos display, 16% wider colour gamut
- Carbon fiber frame; Dragontrail tempered glass front protection; Corning Gorilla Glass 3 back protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (Krait 400) chip
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 16GB expandable memory, microSD card slot
- 3100 mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
- MHL / Miracast / NFC / Bluetooth 4.0 / LTE / Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n; a/c)
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 20.7 MP rear camera with G lens (using Exmor RS CMOS sensor), f/2.3 aperture, capable of recording 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution videos at 30fps (using BIONZ imaging engine for still photos and X-reality Pro video engine for videos)
- 2 MP Exmor R front-facing camera capable of shooting 1080p full HD resolution videos at 30fps
- IR Remote
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Dual (Stereo) speakers
- 144 x 73.9 x 8.3mm
Sony teases Xperia Z1
3. about to make a splash…
4. the smartphone everyone’s been talking about… not long now
source: Sony Mobile, Sony Mea