Sony Xperia Z1 is taken apart, reveals same back cover design as its predecessor
0. phoneArena 14 Sep 2013, 17:04 posted on
A teardown of the Sony Xperia Z1 revealed that the back cover of the device is the same as the one found on the Sony Xperia Z; the newer model is slightly better protected from water and dust than the Xperia Z is. The Sony Xperia Z1 is the first of a camera-centric line called "One Sony," and as such it sports a 20.7MP Sony G lens...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I really like Sony and the design of their devices. If they only did not ship with Android....Give them WP or iOS and I would be in.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 2135; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Not iOS for sure. That's what's keeping me from getting an iPhone. But a Sony WP would be interesting..
3. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Unfortunately Sony is at war with Microsoft in the game console market.
4. buccob (Posts: 2489; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yeah but that does not prevent them for making notebooks with Windows 8...
Completely different things...
And I love my Sony Xperia with Android... I wouldn't be happy with a different OS right now... But I would also love the option to have stock Android on an Xperia Nexus...
5. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Sure they offer notebooks with Windows 8 because there is no feasible alternative to Windows. Of course I don't want Sony to move away from Android. I wish they would just offer WP 8 as another alternative.
9. sharks (Posts: 230; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
It's a good thing. We don't need any more WP crap. MS doesn't care about other manufacturers anyway, now that it has bought Nokia.
7. Ofentse (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I think in the future, maybe late next year or 2015 they may consider WP especially if it grows the way it does today
13. cellabonez (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
you are looking in the wrong crystal ball
12. jos_031 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
only reason i am getting sony besides its quality. is android
6. Satnamreg (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I would much rather see the crash or drop tests than parts of the phone.
10. buccob (Posts: 2489; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
agree.. I am surprise with the lack of drop test "versus" that include a Sony Xperia compared to an iPhone or Samsung...
I know first handed that the shatterproof layer many people complain (not so scratchproof) is incredibly useful in a drop test...
15. MicleArs (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
z1 teardown video: youtube.com/watch?v=SvJKVxfKqFc
8. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Hmm I think I'm more shocked to see a Samsung chip inside the phone rather than its comparison to the Z.
I though Sony made the whole product including the all the intricate stuff inside. I guess not. That upsets me a little bit, but the phone is still a beast. Also rumors of the Z2 has me on my toes.
14. cellabonez (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
they dont make memory chips remember. samsung is a leading manufacturer in those parts . so i ont think this is a time to say that