Sony Xperia Z1 is here! Thin waterproof cameraphone boasts 20 MP sensor
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 09:39 posted on
The upside of a regular-sized sensor and lens is that we don't have a bulky abomination dubbed as cameraphone, but rather a thin 8.5 mm Android smartphone with a one-piece aluminum frame and catchy glass chassis that comes in black, white and purple colors. Not only that, but the whole kit is waterproof to boot, with IP57 certification, meaning it can survive three feet of water on top of it for half an hour, like the Xperia Z, for example...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. papss (Posts: 2913; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Smurf I know you aren't crazy about the design but I personally love Sony style. To me this is my other love besides what Lumia does. The square design is lovely and sleek. I prefer it over round and frumpy. To each his own of corse
80. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5981; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Your opinion is your opinion. I'm not going to bash you for it. If you like it great, but this doesn't catch my interest at all. Specs on the other hand...
30. FCB-Eto (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
You can check the pic on gsm arena if you like they got to take a sample shot with the phone and it's not bad at all.
39. Kurai (unregistered)
Small bezels means no waterproofness . . .
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Waterproof means that it should be hermetic and hermetic not necessary means that it should be bulky.
88. pyradark (Posts: 688; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
less durable = buy another one.
your wasting your money dude, this is not just water resistance, it also has dual tempered glass for shock proof
89. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that you don't realize about what I am talking about.
35. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
SONY FTW! Definitely best phone of the year
38. freebee269 (Posts: 489; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
nice phone. i've been waiting for an android phone with optical image stabilization. was hoping this phone had it but it has digital instead that crops. with all the android phones coming out with similar specs, OIS is what will set apart the next android phone i buy.
42. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
This is really a great phone, if i'd ever go Android, what i'm not gonna do, i will pick this one !
44. mc1191 (Posts: 28; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
that camera position looks a lot like the nexus 5 prototype that leaked yesterday...
50. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
It is SONY dont expect too much..
PA Z1 score.//tantaradan 7.6
56. SonyPS4 (Posts: 200; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Hopefully not Ray S. He will give this lower than 7 for bezel and similar design to Z.
49. Akfred (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I love this phone, but have not heard anything about
The kind of display this phone has.is it Triluminos?
58. SonyPS4 (Posts: 200; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Triluminos with X-Reality same like Z Ultra
52. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
this may not have the best cameraphone as that distinction belongs to lumia 1020. i can't really tell a picture taken with brand x vs brand y nowadays as the tech becomes greater than the previous years and as a consumer i don't really buy a smartphone for it's awesome camera alone. let's be honest, a greater number of us here will only use the cameras on phone to post in facebook, Gplus and instagram. except that if you would go to northern hemisphere and wait for the aurora borealis to come out, you really need an excellent cameraphone that will shoot great photos in low light.
59. CELLKONTECH (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
and they said 4K video capturing support???? where is it....crap
61. AfterShock (Posts: 932; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Sweet work Sony, I'm looking at it as potential for my next daily carry, price will make or break me though.
63. monkeytown (Posts: 89; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
again too much wasted space below the display :(
64. emadshiny (Posts: 1008; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Is there any comment about sound quality??
that huge speaker must be something special.
71. Sonny_09 (Posts: 45; Member since: 24 May 2013)
Any word on image quality of the camera? seemed like just another high-end Android phone though. No noteworthy differentiation, apart from its camera.
82. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if only this were the Nexus 5...
maybe we'll get a GP edition anyway. o:
87. wando77 (Posts: 228; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Would have this were it not for the dreadful sony skin