Sony Xperia Z1 f with 4.3" display and 20 MP camera launches in Japan, international version to follow
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2013, 03:28 posted on
The mini version of Sony Xperia Z1, the Z1 f, is perhaps the most powerful munchkin Android money can buy, as it just went retail, joining Japan's DoCoMo roster. Let's face it, the Xperia Z1 is too big and heavy to be comfortably held and managed with one hand. There are other big-screen handsets out there that are much more compact, and still waterproof. Thus the smaller Z1 f might be a godsend if you are looking for a powerful, but manageable in terms of size, Android phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dil2abu (Posts: 216; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Small sexy beast..
Sony plz launch it globally asap ..
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6979; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
would love to get the YELLOW VERSION, AND yes SONY LAUNCH GLOBALLY IF U WANT SALES put on every carrier
19. cheetah2k (Posts: 1044; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Problems with Sony Smartphones is:
1. Everyone always says that the screen will be better than previous phones - never the case, and you need a lotto ticket to see if you get a white or yellow LCD panel. If it has IPS LCD, yeah sure - that would be considered better.
2. The 20MP cam is flawed. 16:9 shots are 8MP only, the same as other 13MP cams
3. The size of Sony phones is insane. For example, the Z1 is almost as big as the Note 3 but the Note 3 has a 5.7" screen!
4. Who really cares about having a water resistant phone. This feature is more of a hinderance than useful, as you need a charge cradle to minimise pulling the USB port covers off/on/off/on and damage to the seals as it wears is highly likely. If they had QI wireless charging, this would be a winner
Once Sony fix the above, they'll be on a winner - until then they will continue to suck.
4. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Thanks for the info. There was no way of telling what was this article about !
3. Jklaz (Posts: 130; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Step1. I want a new phone
Step2. Check phonearena
Step3. Phonearena posts new info of best phone ever
Step4. Phone is announced
Step5. Phone doesn't come to US or if it does it is not on Verizon
I got my hopes up with the Z1. And the N5. And the Oppo and Vivo phones are cool. But I promise if this mini z1 came on Verizon I'd snatch it up. A little small for my taste but the design and camera are just a piece of art
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3468; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
How does it matter that which carrier is it on? You could just change you're carrier in a few minutes...
18. Jklaz (Posts: 130; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Just a teen still on my family plan lol. When I'm a little older yeah that makes the most sense but for now its just frustrating. Plus we're grandfathered on vzw unlimited
14. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Step1. I want a new phone
Step2. Check any phone site that gets the hottest news.
Step3. Such site posts new "info" of best phone ever - it's a rumor until confirmed oficially, but evleaks is 90% official though.
Step4. Phone is announced
Step5. Phone doesn't come to US (but even if Mars were a continent they'd get it, no love for the 'Murica.) or if it does it won't be even 3G compatible on T-Mo, LTE is a far distant dream on any carrier.
My tragic love story with the Xperia V...
5. Remmy (Posts: 81; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Already bought a ZR just 4 days ago, would've waited for this if only Sony released an international version at the same time as the Z1 f in Japan. :( Happy and contented with my ZR nonetheless. :)
15. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
He said the best phone, not the best front bumper of a truck ;)
11. gymguy224 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Since the bezels on sony phones are so big, how big does the dimensions of the phone compare to other top phones like the S4 or HTC One?
13. buccob (Posts: 1889; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This is a 4.3" screen phone... so you might want to compare it to S4 Mini / HTC One Mini instead...
Not all bezels of Sony's phones are big... Take a look at Xperia ZL and compare it to the S4 / One... Of course the Xperia Z was the more popular but the ZL was the perfect alternative for those who preferred compactness over waterproof...
I agree that the Z1 is huge, its the very same reason I am waiting for something else (also a turn off for the Asus PadFone Infinity)...
I want a 4.5~4.7" screen phone, compact and either waterproof or padfone...
C'mon Sony/Asus... release something practical not Too big, not Too small
20. Dowson (unregistered)
padfone? Is just awful.
21. buccob (Posts: 1889; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
How so? The latest infinity has top of the line specs, great ui close to pure android, a similar design to the HTC One... So how is the PadFone awful?
For my needs it would suit me great with the tablet station dock...
22. LuthoBanzi07 (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
Seriously, a 4.3" screen isn't small at all. Look at the S4 mini. You guys are busy saying u want a 4.5 - 4.7 inch screen phone while if the z1 f had a 4.0" screen, you wouldve of been saying I want a 4.2 - 4.4" screen phone. You won't get the most perfect phone with all the specs u want. If u want a phone like that then go make one for yourself and see how you'll do coz Sony isn't gonna make a 4.5 - 4.7" screen phone when they've made a 4.3" coz its basically the same size screen. There is not really a big difference between a 5.0 and 4.3" screen phones. And they won't make a phone with 4.3" screen just coz u want one.