Sony Xperia Z1 carries a premium price tag, now available for pre-order across Europe
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2013, 07:22 posted on
The Xperia Z1 is on track to keep the promise, given by Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai, to shorten the window between the announcement of a new device and its actual delivery to end users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Kurai (unregistered)
wait a month and it's price will go down by $100-200
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2692; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
What would be the price for India? Because it's coming to India first...
8. Samir_Maric (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Yep i think it will be available in the price tag between 47k to 52k...
22. PAPINYC (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
1 Million Rupees and some roty (with a 10-year contract).
7. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
it will be launched less then ultra
at the same price, at which gs4 was launched
china event just got over
and china is the first to get z1
and according to trusted sources it will be launched at near 42k
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
How about no. I like what Sony did here but for such a price - or a $100 less - the Note III is the best device you can get, otherwise for another $100 less the LG G2 or rather it's "knock-off", the Nexus 5 for another $200 off.
Nexus 5, Xiaomi Mi-3, Oppo N1 or Note III for phone
Nexus 7, iPad 5 or Note 10.1 2014 for tablet
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
BTW the violet version looks pretty darn good I'll be the first to admit.
17. gazmatic (Posts: 625; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
agree on the mi3 and n1
oems are going for some ridiculous profit margins
anybody that pays more than 40% more than BOM and cost to manufacture for a device should be branded IDIOT and publicly ridiculed
12. papss (unregistered)
Agreed. There is no way in hell that I would pay that for this phone.. Typical Sony price point..if they price this close to the note 3 pricewise they are going to get killed in sales
14. pyradark (Posts: 775; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Its like when Xperia Z announced the price, everyone go nuts!!!
15. gazmatic (Posts: 625; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
you don't say...
really... who thought that this would cost less than $700?
if you want a REAL phone check out the xiaomi mi3
16. najib1312 (Posts: 102; Member since: 08 May 2013)
AS usual, price will dwcline sharply after 3 months. By that time, Xperia Z would be marketed as upper mid range with much discounted price.
18. SonyPS4 (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 May 2013)
In my country Sony said price would be same like Xperia Z launch price.
24. izim1 (Posts: 74; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
These are euro prices that include a VAT. I don't know why it's necessary to go through this every single time. The US doesn't have VAT. Just changing the currency symbol to a $ is a more accurate conversion. That means in the US it should be somewhere between $599 and $699. Which is just about standard smartphone price range.
29. papss (unregistered)
I hope you are right, at those prices I might buy but not what's posted.
25. anleoflippy (Posts: 292; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
And in Asian countries, it will be priced cheaper. Same as any other Sony Smartphone.
27. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
yes in malaysia would roughly be 2300 ringgits
26. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
649 freaking Euro in Germany o.O ?
I'm sorry Sony ,but you fail big time with this
28. papss (unregistered)
You know you have a rare phone when multiple people that work at Disney say " wow your phone takes amazing photos, I've seen the commercial but haven't seen anyone with the 1020"
31. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sony... you should know better.
33. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1134; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
wonder if tmobile will get xperia Z1,think not...
34. tyger11 (Posts: 72; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm pretty sure it supports all the right frequencies, so unless you want a subsidized one, you should be able to still buy it outright somewhere and pop in your TMo SIM card.