Sony Xperia Z1 Preview Q&A: We answer
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2013, 03:13 posted on
You guys have asked a ton of interesting questions regarding our Sony Xperia Z1 preview, and so we'll now try to return the favor and provide the answers you were looking for...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Vireak (unregistered)
If it's true that the Z1's speakers are poorer than that of the Galaxy Note 2's, I'm leaning even more toward the iPhone 5S. I'm using the Note 2 right now.
2. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
No.... NOT THE 5S!!! *Face filled with horror*
3. Vireak (unregistered)
LOLZ! I do enjoy using an Android.
I've never used Apple products because I used to think that they were kind of on the expensive side. Now we have some Android models that are priced relatively similar to that of the iPhone 5s.
From what I've seen and read, it seems that the 5S is the best of the iPhones. So, I'm thinking now might be the time to try it and see what it's all about.
4. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I may get either the HTC One or the iPhone 5S. Disappointing to hear that the Xperia Z's speakers are quieter than the Note II's, I almost exclusively use the speakers for watching videos
6. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
put your man pants back on and quit looking @ shiny objects. if u wana get one to show off ur status or something hollow like that, then by all means go ahead. but like ALL shiny objects, theyre HOLLOW on the inside.
19. Hmong_Xiong (Posts: 32; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Either G Note 3 for me, or if Verizon decides to get the Nexus 5 :3
7. anleoflippy (Posts: 447; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Satisfied with all the answers.
I'll be getting it, thank you :)
8. anleoflippy (Posts: 447; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Most of us have seen the review from GSMarena and they have stated that it under delivers. But they do have a pre-production device.
9. ashdch99 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
got my z1 yesterday, and so far it looks quite good, better than what the reviewers have been saying about it..... a good z1 review is also posted on GSMarena, with battery tests, if people want to check out more info on this device....
18. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
How about the speakers ! is it really that bad ? :(
20. tobimen (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
is it realy better than the gs4 or iphone 5s or even htc one from the information about z1 specification ?
11. kisanagi (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
how about quality sound on xperia z1 ? i really curious about this one
12. anleoflippy (Posts: 447; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Should be better than the Xperia Z and ZL but could not compare to the HTC One.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3362; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Question by SPIDERMAN4:
"CAN IT PLAY 4K VIDEO?"
I don't think this is true. The Z1 may be able to record video at 4K, but it can't possibly play a video at 4K without a 4K resolution screen. Maybe, it's just semantics, but I felt as if it needed to be stated.
15. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
It absolutely can, I saw a youtube vid where they play a 4k video both on the note3 and z1. The z1 played it without any problem but as for the note3 it lag as hell (slowmo like).
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3362; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Sure, it might have been a 4K video, but you can't display it at 4K without a 4K screen. It's a 4K video being displayed at a lower resolution. Not the same.