Sony Xperia Z1 Preview Q&A: Any questions about the Z1?
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2013, 03:19 posted on
Our Sony Xperia Z1 preview is already posted, and most of you have probably read through it already. As we've stated in the preview, the Xperia Z1 is a promising smartphone with cool design and capabilities, although not necessarily groundbreaking...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. Bradleybones (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
2 questions. How is the voice activation for hands free operation? Do we have any clues as to which carriers will have it and when?
54. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Here's a smart question! The battery life rated by sony for Xperia z1 video playback is upto 6.6hours. so considering the up to i think the battery life would be 6hrs or less for video playback. how have they managed such poor battery life even with such a huge battery? HTC one runs 10hrs with a 1080p screen with a much much much smaller 2300 mah unit. i think all this triluminous tech and xreality engine eat too much battery life. also it indicates that the screen eats too much battery. so for every other task than standby- i.e. involving screen on the battery shouldnt last long.
sony screwed up i believe. also look at the note 3! it has a much larger screen, almost the same battery capacity and it runs over twice as long than xperia z1 in video playback.
55. GamePlayer (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Is the triluminos screen anything unique, or any better than the competetion?
56. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I dont ask questions to a bias journalist.
57. BattalBoy (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Does it come with the already applied Sony screen protector? If so does this affect how the screen looks or feels?
63. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
1. How does the speaker compare to the Note II (my current phone) and iPhone 5 in terms of loudness (and not quality).
2. How does the display fare under DIRECT sunlight compared to LG G2 and iPhone 5?
69. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1233; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Can you do a drop test? The other Z phones did very well in them.
70. technspecs (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
How is the battery life on the z1?
Is the stamina mode comperable to the power saver settings on the samsung devices?
Lastly, z1 or note 3? I currently own the note 2 and I love it, but im a Sony fan boy.
71. sulre (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
1. Picture quality?
2. Does Z1 have Hand Held twilight mode?
3. Speaker quality?
4. Battery life?
5. Is it true that Sony uses up to 4 kind of different screen panels? Can u find some more detail about it?
72. Infinite.m.c (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Should i get this phone or just wait for the rumored z2
73. piggybomb (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
does it have the same touchscreen feature as the xperia Z ultra?
74. nooraldeen (Posts: 49; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
does the glass on the back and front panel breaks when falls on the ground ? when its going to be available ?
75. piggybomb (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
this isnt related to the z1
but can you guys use the xperia z ultra as your daily phone for a few weeks and write a review about whether it can be used as a regular smartphone
77. jvilar (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
two questions about some flaws in the Z:
- is the micro usb connector the same as in the Z? It was very weak and lots of people complaint it breakes easily.
- is there any improvement in the sealing? there were a lot of complaints about Zs broken due to water inside (not covered by the warranty).
79. debjit (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
i read a review xperia z1 gets more heated than the other phones while playing certain games.has any one any idea about that?