Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) renders leak, look pretty official
0. phoneArena 02 Sep 2013, 12:02 posted on
We've seen plenty of high-res pictures of the upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 (codename Honami), but it's always interesting to see some of the official renders of the device, if possible. We can't confirm that these images are the official device renders, but they do look pretty real. The images come from the Xperia Blog, and the renders do look a lot like the leaks we have seen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Same old Xperia design. I don't think anyone though sony would change it.
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
They just introduced this design with Xperia Z so no problem.
and don't think it looks outdated...
7. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
..and it's pretty official I'm gettin' this phone!
9. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yes and Samsung is getting ready to copy it ;)
51. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
So much hate to Samsung, ha!?
Enjoy what you have dude!
87. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
No I'm not a hater of SAMSUNG, actually I do have a Samsung phone until now, since 2006, and it has a premium feel. But the SAMSUNG NOW is not doing great. ;)
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I actually thought that Sony will change the design on the Xperia Z1, never knew they will keep the Xperia Z design. But this looks not bad at all, it is as elegant as it's little brother.
Not bad Sony! I'm getting this phone.
15. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
sony changes design every year
now dont mention last years IFA xperia t, as it was Sony's own Arc design
but this 2013 we got xperia z
109. akki20892 (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
What glorious and masterpiece design. Absolutely gorgeous.
42. ahomad (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 May 2012)
2012 xperia S design 1
mid 2012 xperia t design 2
2013 xperia z design 3
those are only the high end ones
tell me one company that has three completely different designs in 2 years???
2012 and 2013 galaxy s3 and s4 have almost the same design. don'e even get me started with the iPhones 4, 4s, 5 and even 5s!!!
104. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Thats what you call experimenting the market.. Samsung is dominating with their brand look, Samsung is not doing wrong with their flagships.. whats wrong is that theyr also using the design in lowends
54. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
"Same old"? It hasn't been a year. They hardly change what owners prefer.
71. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
first of all the Xperia Z is only a few months old. they only add a bigger lense in the phone too compete with the NOKIA 1020 and GALAXY ZOOM. still have a beautiful design not too mention its water proof
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Looks absolutely nice and bezels are not that big at all...
6. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Bezels are big, but forgivable for such great device...
39. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Not so much... you have to understand that the big bezels are there for a reason (true I would have loved a thicker phone but smaller in bezel size...)
This phone is waterproof has a bigger camera sensor and top of the line specs...
So yeah, the bezels here are forgivable...
You on the other hand are a Sony hater and that is biased...
I actually like Samsung, Sony, HTC, ASUS, and some other manufacturers when they build great tech...
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't hate Sony. They're just overrated phones and nothing more.
59. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I disagree, they are actually very underrated here in PA... when you compare reviews from Authors and Users...
They used to be underpowered with less appealing designs when they were SE, but today they are actually getting attention for a reason...
I wasn't a Sony fan until I got my Xperia Acro S.... it gained my respect.
61. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Over rated? I don't think so. Over hyped maybe, but not over rated.
84. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Their UI is not fascinating at all as Sense 5 puts it to shame. The design is nothing special, again HTC One puts it to shame. All this really has on other smart phones now is the camera, which has really high expectations.
Convince me as to why I should get a Z1 over the Lumia 1020, HTC One, iPhone 5, S4 or the G2.
96. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Your opinion again. Some wouldn't agree.
why you should get Z1 over:
Lumia 1020: you're a "hardcore Android fan"
HTC One: S800 processor (less chance of lags than on One), And specs. No problem using it while raining. But One is better in some ways like sound, depends on preference.
iPhone 5: No explanation needed. The OS says it all. ios is a world of limitations,.
S4: camera may turn out better, but not confirmed. better design.
G2: same as above.
Just some basic reasons. Not really trying to convince you, just my opinion of why I'd pick Z1 over them.
97. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Btw I was gonna replace " why you should get Z1 over:" with something else but the edit time didn't let me.
99. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lumia 1020 is untouchable when it comes to the camera department. Untouchable. If there was a 1020 for T-Mobile, I'd pick one up to change things up a bit.
HTC One doesn't lag at all... It runs butter smooth on the S600 since Sense 5 is lighter than any UI as of now.
Apple's ecosystem is pretty much universal with their products because of iCloud. The iPhone 5 does stutters, but overall is pretty much on par or a bit faster than smart phones on the market. Yes iOS has drawbacks, but it also has the stability and support like no other smartphone (other than the GS2.)
S4's camera isn't a slouch either mind you. I personally love Super AMOLED and would be hard to change to IPS. Samsung dishes out software updates faster than any other Android OEM.
G2's camera isnt a joke either. OIS makes the pictures crystal clear. I'm not entirely sold on thr rear keys, as that's smething you have to try for yourself and see if you like it. The overall design of the G2 is pretty damn good, especially with the almost non-existant bezels.
Don't get me wrong, the Z1 isn't a bad device itself, but it's not one I'd personally choose over what's being offered now.
63. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
How is Sony phones overrated? Samsung phones are overrated if you ask me. I don't hate Samsung btw.
81. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And the results are in... The test determined that was a lie.
89. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
You mean the TWEAKED Benchmark test of Samsung?
94. Lyngdoh (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
You dont say? I have seen you a lot of times on almost every sony article and basically saying nothing good but criticizing. Are you a paid troll?
10. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
The top/botton bezels are big IMO, just compare it with the LG G2.
18. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
y not compare complete smartphone?
G2 will.itself feel ashamed if u compared Z1
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
All the Z1 has on the G2 is camera, and I haven't seen sample shots to give my final judgements.
27. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
ur final judgement????
others dont need it
they ned design and PREMIUM feel
not ugly back buttons
40. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Am I missing something here brcause nothing screams premium of the design of the Z1. It's basic glass rectangle and nothing more. Everyone is joining the Sony bandwagon just for attention when a year ago they didn't know who Sony was.
55. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Why do you have to bash Sony's article... and call people biased when the biased here is you...
Sony has been upping their game with each iteration of their Android devices and they bring great products...
Yes, they are kinda boxy, and they are starting to look similar with each other... but so do other brands... its a signature.. its a way to have people see a device and say: "Hey, thats a Galaxy", or "that is an Xperia"...
My Android devices were Motorola Atrix, Samsung GS3 and Sony Xperia Acro S and the Sony IS the best among those in quality feel and actually the more robust...
Because of this my wife also wanted an Xperia Acro S, and my father got the Xperia Go, and people around me are realizing how good they are... in a similar way people gossip about Galaxies...
So yea, it is not just for attention... and who cares if people didn't know who Sony was regarding smartphones a year ago... they are making a name for themselves... Same as Samsung got on top of Nokia... It wasn't always this way
73. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You have your opinion and I have mine. Good for you if you like the design and build quality of Sony. I prefer what suits me the best. I'm probably going to end up buying the new iPhone 5S or the Note III for my own reasons.
93. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Also good for you... then why do you have to bash the article and fill it with crap comments based on nothing, not even owner experience
43. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
microSD card, IP58 and probably build quality...
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
IP58 = something no one cares about to be quite honest.
Build quality? A black glass rectangle? Cool!
So far, G2 > Z1.
66. buccob (Posts: 2011; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Dude, stop talking like you are the voice of the whole population... The Xperia line has become relevant recently because of making phones water resistant...
I understand that it is not important for everybody, but for people who likes to go outside, go to the beach, enjoy a pool with my little kid, and take pictures of all of this... In a country with a 6 month rainy season, IP58 is quite important for people...
Actually phones should become at least splash resistant as standard... it is the second most common way your electronic gadgets die... (1st is broken screen which Sony also takes care with the Shatterproof layer added to their smartphones, and IT WORKS by the way)
46. Lyngdoh (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Again trolling on a Sony article.. Did Sony got your attention, curiousity? Or Are you just scared that this device is gonna beat the s**t out of your iphone and galaxy?
53. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Apple selling 30+ million models a quarter says otherwise. Samsung selling over 20 million S4's in less than four months says otherwise. Don't talk about Sales figures because Sony is nowhere to be found.
I'm not trolling. If I were, I'd spread the gospel of Apple and Samsung, but I'm not. I voiced my opinion by saying that this phone isn't worth any of the hype it's receiving and I get replies from the insecurities of the Sony bandwagoners lol.
72. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
It seems that Sony's hype made you feel more insecure. The hype won't be affected by these comments.
Don't take this as a comeback, though.
80. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Insecure about what? Clearly you don't know how to read at all. Clearly the hype is building for no reason.
95. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
In your opinion. But most would disagree (including non Sony fans).
74. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
who cares bout how many phones Apple sells. The Iphone still looks the same even the IP5s. it's bout what us the CONSUMER likes or wants. and u may have righ to a opinion but still can't be bashing bout SONY every time at least they can manage to change their design on their phone
78. Lyngdoh (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I dont give a damn about sales figure. I dont benefit from it nor do you. All I care is whats on my hand and the possibilities I can do with it.
101. istitch (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
oh sale figures
lets compare ferrari and toyota then.
toyota outsell ferrari, does that mean toyota is better than ferrari?
ferrari gets more hype, does that mean ferrari dont deserve it because it sells less, or because people dont really need such a powerful engine?
25. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
4. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
keep it up sony
now please announce lens qx100 not above 450
i.surely need that lens
this looks stunning
as everyone knows Sony changes its design every year
looking forward to 2014 signature design
8. amasog (Posts: 292; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
ouch!! again... the freakin' ugly power button..
12. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
still sony's design made u comment here
that means it took ur attention
great Good job Sony....
14. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
He's a Kid, he admitted it in last's week article, so don't feed him :D
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You better get your eyes checked.
75. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
better than a rectangular power button.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Beautiful! Absolutely stunning!