Sony Xperia Z1 Clear Zoom vs Lumia 1020 lossless zoom samples
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2013, 07:22 posted on
Sony's oversampling makes an 8 MP image out of the sensor, letting you close on the scene a tad shy of two times, whereas the huge sensor of the Lumia lets you zoom in more, though it results in 5 MP auto-mode photos. The dedicated AAWP blog took identical photos with the Lumia 1020 and the Z1, then zoomed in with the PureView lossless tech of Nokia and the Clear Zoom of Sony, and the results were pretty neck-and-neck when there was enough luminance around...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. Snoobab (Posts: 166; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
By Daniel P.???
More like, done by Steve Litchfield.
NOTE: Copyright (©) All About Windows Phone 2011-2012
47. sbw44 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
So what? when a Vietnamiese Sony blog did a test on how the z1 somehow beat the 808 sony fanboys went wild!
39. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Xperia Z1 with No Hump at the Back :D
and much slimmer than Lumia 1020 :D
48. sbw44 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Still its bigger and heavier than the 1020!so its a brick!!!!
68. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Dude the z1 is super obese compared to every other 5 incher. Stop embarrassing yourself.
40. amats69 (Posts: 827; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im impressed! 1020 really have a good camera...but z1 also give a good fight on this comparison...if i choose one between this two..ill choose z1 because it runs on android..
50. anleoflippy (Posts: 225; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
The Z1 really help up it's own against the 1020.
51. sbw44 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
And there you have it haters! DP Reviews Camera Shootout which the 1020 beats the z1, s4 zoom and g2!
54. anleoflippy (Posts: 225; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
So, Z1 came in second? Good enough for me. Z1 is inexpensive compare to Lumia 1020.
69. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Huh? The z1 cost more than the 1020. In fact the z1 cost more than the note 3.
72. FCB-Eto (Posts: 19; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
The 1020 definitely cost more than the Z1 why must you ppl come to a site and lie to get attention check GSM nation or negri electronics the 1020 cost like $50 more than the Z1 and let's not forget that's the 32gb version so I can imagine how much is for the 64gb.Hold on just saw one getting a bid on ebay for well over $1000 so go back in your hole you liar.
56. jaytai0106 (Posts: 799; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
So what if 1020 wins? I still don't like Window 8... if it will runs on Android then I'll get 1020.
73. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
"the results were pretty neck-and-neck when there was enough luminance around." Are you Serious????? Nokia clearly beat Sony in good light as well as low light conditions. You must be biased to come to such a conclusion as yours. Lumia 1020 has an upper hand over Xperia Z1 although i have to admit that Z1 is the best camera phone on Android. Sony has really worked hard and produced a great camera phone and they deserve appreciation but to compare it with Lumia 1020 will be a stupid idea.
74. Remmy (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
the zoomed in picture must be compared to the original photo. they you'd see which phone did a better job in retaining picture quality and details. :)
78. jameshoe (unregistered)
The Nokia Lumia 1020 has took down the "Clear" Zoom, G Lens, Ultra Pixel.... with lossless zoom