Sony Xperia Z water resistant dunking test
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2013, 00:52 posted on
Certainly it’s not something we tend to see on a showroom floor, Sony set up a simple contraption that basically dips the lower portion of the Xperia Z in a small pool of water. Pressing the button, the machine comes to life and lowers the arm, where the handset is attached to on the end...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. wp8forever (unregistered)
They took my money with the Lumia 920, then with the nexus 4 lol and now they will with this lol, they keep me on 0 on my bank, then the s4 is coming and so on, imma have to stop following this technology sites lol real estate talk.
3. rabih_z (Posts: 45; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
video too annoying, too shaky...
but need to submerge the whole phone
7. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
There are plenty of videos about that already
4. vijaysivakula (Posts: 113; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Yeah. I am totally with rabih_z. How do we even know that is water? They need to submerge the whole phone in that liquid and show a few fish swimming in that water. The fish have to be fed periodically and they need to poop regularly. We should also have a couple of vets standing by to certify the health of the fish and ensure they survive in that liquid (which they say is "water").
9. tahnik (Posts: 123; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Man there is a lot of video about it...Go check youtube...
11. rabih_z (Posts: 45; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
im ok with the fish since 3M has mad a fire retardant liquid that looks like water but its not, and any electrical can be submerged in it without any harming.
this liquid was on display in Gitex Dubai 2012.
20. emes360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Its not even important if its water, as long as its any liquid, it will damage (or in this case not damage) the phone in the same way.
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1105; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Now you don't have to worry when taking your phone out when it's raining or when you accidentally spilled some liquid into it! Great job sony!
8. blackice214 (Posts: 159; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Heeeeeelllll Yeeeeeaaaaahhh Now I can jam out in the shower with wp headphones.
10. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
This is one of those awesome features you'll hopefully never need, but be glad it's there just in case.
17. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 367; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
sweet. if i get this device i wont just drop it in water by accident, i will deliberately dunk it in front of other people just to show off l. love to see the look on their faces. lol. i would say take my money but sadly im all out right now :(
18. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Sony Nexus 5 for later this year please!!!!
21. newuser1 (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
why not throw the whole thing in water? that is really water resistant.