Sony Xperia Z sold out in some markets, bodes well for Sony's 2013
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:26
The Sony Xperia Z lived up to its reputation and sold out on the first day that the phone was available for pre-orders in Japan, Germany, France, Hong Kong and Taiwan; Sony is looking to ship 50 million smartphones in 2013 compared to 34 million last year and Sony has already announced its goal of becoming the third largest smartphone manufacturer after Samsung and Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rgxVOiD posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:28 13 26
Sony have 3 more days to 'make.believe' before GSIV is announced
7. Birds posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:43 12 5
Buahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ahahahahahahaha ehhhhh ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... That made me giggle a bit.
30. rgxVOiD posted on 11 Mar 2013, 22:03 2 13
Yes Yes I do. I don't really care about thumb ups or down so do whatever
33. KINGJUAN27 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 03:20 9 2
Galaxy S4 looks cheap with all those plastic materials, and it's not even dust/water resistant! IT'S SONY FTW! lmao :D
34. JumpingRabbit posted on 12 Mar 2013, 03:28 10 4
Samsung just revealed the design and looks same plastic piece of crap as Galaxy S3.
Samsung will never learn on how to design a phone.
Sony Xperia Z is a Killer device for this year.
I Love you SONY. :)
35. rgxVOiD posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:18 0 2
I am somewhat a Sony fan, i don't really understand why people downvoted my comment in the first place. I was merely saying that Sony have 3 more days of selling well before people might stop buying Xperia Z and goes to GSIV when it's announced
37. emadshiny posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:31 1 0
people down voted you because you didn't care about being down voted. LOL
39. rgxVOiD posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:19 0 2
Well, that's one reason but that comment was before :)
36. rgxVOiD posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:26 0 1
I am getting an Xperia Z, I like the purple one but if its not available here, then I'll be getting the black one
42. SonyFan posted on 12 Mar 2013, 13:44 1 0
black one looks sexier to me...i own it:D
44. rgxVOiD posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:41 0 0
But its fingerprint magnet
38. theZED posted on 12 Mar 2013, 07:05 0 0
And better SAMSUNG choose a Slogan to encounter "make.believe". A water/dust resistant design in 7.9mm is also a way of making believe.
41. TMach posted on 12 Mar 2013, 11:57 0 0
I do not see Sony fans ever considering buying the S4, so your commet is a bit pointless really! It would be like Mercedes fans being interested in a VW Phaeton....lol
2. emadshiny posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:32 12 2
this is a great success so far and could get even better if they have released it sooner.
it takes 2,3 years for Sony to occupy one of top two places in mobile realm.
3. Kreft posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:34 10 3
Good. I wish Sony well. Regardless my next phone will be from Motorola.
4. drpain posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:36 3 20
how many sold? If they only made 5, this is not impressive
23. pyradark posted on 11 Mar 2013, 19:22 10 1
140,000 on its launch week on japan and still counting
5. ama3654 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:37 2 15
Hmmn! i'm surprised, HTC One seems to be a more logical choice with better processing power, better build, Smoother UI and better LCD tech, but what do i know. Lets see what Samsung has in 3 days time.
16. Taters posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:27 9 8
You obviously don't know much. The Xperia design is way nicer than the HTC One. In fact, they should test it. Go out to the busy New York streets with both handsets and ask people passing by which handset is sexier or more attractive. 8 times out of 10 will probably say the Xperia Z. The high school or teens might say the HTC One though because it is shiny.
It is a shame that the Xperia Z is so large, has a bad screen, and doesn't use the Qualcomm 600 like it should though.
21. ama3654 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:57 2 4
"It is a shame that the Xperia Z is so large, has a bad screen, and doesn't use the Qualcomm 600 like it should though"
24. pyradark posted on 11 Mar 2013, 19:23 3 3
still Millions of people will never look to that bcoz they were blind with its elegant design and dust/water resistant. Its what we called "Attraction"
28. pwnarena posted on 11 Mar 2013, 21:24 1 0
it's marginally larger than the s3 and almost the same size and even thinner than htc one. if you think it's big, the rest are relatively bigger considering that their display sizes are smaller than the xz.
32. Taters posted on 12 Mar 2013, 02:55 0 1
The Optimus G has the smallest measurements of any 4.7 inch handset ever, yet it seems large because of the sharp corners and perfect rectangle shape. Same applies to the Xperia Z.
If you want a large phone to feel small, you need curves.
6. Esf_Kid posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:40 14 2
LOL, i see my beautiful white XZ in the picture
man this is the most beautiful phone i ever posses
everything is perfect and i think it will sell a big deal.
9. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:55 4 18
Sony's flagship got eclipsed by HTC, LG, and Samsung yet again lol....I guess fake scarcity is their only way to advertise their doomed product.
15. TMach posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:18 14 1
Haters gonna hate and trolls will always troll......the facts do not lie.....!
25. pyradark posted on 11 Mar 2013, 19:24 7 2
eclipsed?? i dont see any LG & HTC on chart in smartphone hahahaha
11. GeekMovement posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:01 11 1
It'd be pretty awesome if Sony took the lead over Huawei; I think they deserve it. Hope the Xperia Z & ZL will come to most of the carriers here in the US.
13. emadshiny posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:06 11 1
yeah, US is an important key to their success.
12. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:04 14 1
Bring on the Z tablet!
19. GeekMovement posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:49 8 0
+1 this may be the first tablet I am actually really interested in.
14. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:15 9 0
I'm glad Sony sold out of the Xperia Z the first day it released. I hope the best for them. BUT if I were in the market for a beautiful looking phone, I would pick the Nexus 4, Xperia Z, then Lumia 920. The back cover of the Nexus is simply stunning imo.
20. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:57 7 1
This is great all sony needs too do is bring it too the u.s. carriers
22. siluro posted on 11 Mar 2013, 19:17 1 10
This phone had lots going, but well a few shortfalls to make it something I would definitely jump on. First off being the mediocre camera. The flap for the headphone jack (although I understand why it's there), the lack of a camera button, and I wished the battery were a bit larger. But otherwise seems quite solid but not exactly what I was looking for, so close but next phone please.
27. pwnarena posted on 11 Mar 2013, 19:48 1 0
this feels like the same nokia press release for the lumia 920 before.
nokia sales haven't been that stellar since those sold out press releases but may have been enough to put them back on black. hopefully this has the same or even better effect for sony.
40. supersammyfans posted on 12 Mar 2013, 11:06 0 2
Bla, there is no way Sony s**t could out sale again after Sammy release the SIV... Their phone are purely garbage compare to Sammy.....
43. TMach posted on 12 Mar 2013, 16:39 0 0
Only a matter of time as these things are cyclical. Sony were always more popular than Samsung and that changed and so long as Sony does not take a backward step, they will be outselling Samsung in a year to 18 months due to their better build quality and design! By the way, just got notified by Handtec that HTC One delayed by at least 10 days, as they have not debited my account happy to wait but damn HTC really needs to gets its s**t together. No wonder their sales are on a continual downward curve, excellent product but crap marketing and never seems to be able to meet deadlines! Talk about handing the advantage to your market rivals, somebody ought to get the sack!
45. bipinm posted on 14 Mar 2013, 01:38 0 0
Just watch out for our next phone, Xperia SP after the S4 announcement and we will talk...