Sony Xperia Z should be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat by March - according to a Polish carrier
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2014, 22:50 posted on
The Xperia Z turned 1 year old recently, and it might get a KitKat birthday present, albeit a bit later than users were hoping. The smartphone is currently running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hell yea! My Xperia Z can have a break and have a KitKat. :)
4. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 209; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
This is great news for my Z too! Saw this on xperiablog earlier today.. I'm still lovin the 4.3 look though. Can't wait to see what 4.4 brings for our Zs! :D
6. water99211 (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I don't understand, I have a T-Mobile Xperia Z and I still never got 4.3? Do you guys have the international?
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony is skipping the 4.3 update and just updating the Z to 4.4.
8. water99211 (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
So why do some people have 4.3? Is Sony skipping on just the T-Mobile version but updating the international?
9. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
blame carrier certification times. sony probably saw that by the time they got 4.3 rolled out for t-mobile. they'd be releasing 4.4 already. same thing is happening here in australia with the Htc one mini for vodafone. it's skipping 4.3 and going straight to 4.4
11. Adrian38 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
4.3 would have been for the unlocked versions. Sony would see no point in having to go through all the trouble of carrier certification to release 4.3 which at the end of the day will bring nothing different to the Z. Might as well go straight to 4.4 :)
12. water99211 (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Okay, I get now, that's for all the responses and for answering the question :)
13. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I have a Hong Kong Z Model C6603. I live in the US and use T-Mobile. I got 4.3 through Sony Companion...its a software updater that you can find on sony website.
That way you won't have to wait for T-Mobile.
14. kingreecey (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)
Well I'm on a t-mobile locked Xperia z handset and I got 4.3 OTA so if you haven't got it maybe you just haven't checked