Sony Xperia Z price revealed
0. phoneArena 03 Jan 2013, 02:24 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z, formerly known only by its "Yuga" codename, might very well be the embodiment of a badly kept secret. Candid photos of it have leaked more than once already, not to mention that a Russian blog even got the chance to give it a thorough preview. And now, yet another piece of the Sony Xperia Z puzzle has been thrown on the table, namely the retail price of the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
wow the design of this bad boy is nice! :)
O and "Sony XP" is also a really nice way to advertise the name........Liking it alot
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
$655 is super attractive to me :)
Hate me or not I will ready my savings for this babe no matter what...
I guess Japan is rising after that election lol
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i am done judging you wendy LOL.............I really dont know which phone you "want"......."may have"...........or are looking to get in the future..........lol
Either way, Youve become a friend and ill just keep it at that......and just "smh" at you in the mean time haha :)
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
We love and hate each other... That's what friends for dude... And I don't care those sony fans push me away for getting this... NOT THIS TIME!!!
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude...(s)he's an Apple supporter with an Android phone looking forward to own a Lumia :D
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
o really? cuz i could of sworn she said she had an iphone as well loool........and is looking forward to "owning" a blackberry!
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Um...i guess you're new here.
Wendy here is very famous :D and you not knowing her gender is a disrespect to him-er. Now i'm confused, lol.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sony Xperia Z and ZL are attracting my attention but there is few thing that I still don't like first one I don't like that ZL has camera at the bottom and that they both are comming with Android 4.1. But let's hope that it is only rumors and camera will be at the top and OS will be Android 4.2. At the moment everything elese looks fine for me. :)
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
it worths paying even 700 for this beast
and what about the battery?
if that be known, i'll make my final decision
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea battery is a must now a days, but lets not panic if its not an extremely high capacity like 3000 mAh! Because maybe this time around Sony has done a bit of "optimizing" ;)
We'll see soon enough :)
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
3000 mAh would be perfect, but if Sony uses a bad battery like those of HTC, i will not buy it
in that case i have other choices i my mind, like SGNote2 with its powerful battery
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
htc's batteries are not "bad" man...........just not as "excellent" as some like the motorola razr maxx
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
by bad i don't mean bad quality, i mean the batteries HTC uses for its phones can not support their high specs well
look at butterfly, 2020 mAh for a 1080p screen phone is ridiculous
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
ummmmmmm i know what the numbers show.......but have you actually read any reports as to how those numbers hold up in real life usage??
They tend to be pretty decent given the low capacity count bro........numbers arent always everything, know what i mean?
30. romeo1 (Posts: 719; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
They where talking about 2800-3200mah if remeber correctly bu atleast 2800-3k something
28. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
I had a feeling its around 2200mah, but with sony proper optimize, this could be great.
Remember their 6000mah batt for xperia tab which provide 9-10hrs of web browsing. Compare that to other tab equip with 7-10kmah
22. MUTHREJA (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I remember reading the benchmark results somewhere, that said the yuga and the odin drained out of battery while they were being tested, I hope it has been fixed since. Really looking forward to this 5" beast
23. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
welp.........thats not a good report lol but lets wait and see the "final" report shall we? :)
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
They drained battery not while they were being tested with various benchmarks, they drained battery when they were wirelessly streaming 1080p video to the TV!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Price is nothing w/o built in storage
But what a sexy phone, hopefully the software is smooth and battery life is great to match the design.
8. cyborg009 (Posts: 112; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Xperia arc's beautiful design still cannot be matched.
12. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks more like LG Optimus G to me.
16. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Except this is how you make a rectangular black slab with class. :)
17. smallworld (Posts: 487; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Which itself looks like the Xperia GX seen from front.
14. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
holy s**t.... i'm going to compare this and the oppo find5 camera quality
19. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That price tag is worth it considering the specs!
20. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Looks great. Sleek and understated. Wow, there's finally going to be some real competition for the next Galaxy phone with this, the Butterfly and Find5.
How is Samsung going to compete with the quad core S4 pro, 5" 1080P 440ppi RGB LCDs and solid build quality of the Xperia Z and the other already mentioned 5" phones...