Sony Xperia Z price puzzle starts to fall into place: it won't be cheap
0. phoneArena 14 Jan 2013, 05:40 posted on
After the first pricing indication for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z appeared in the form of a 528 pounds sterling (~$850) offer from Clove UK, now two more price points for a SIM-free device show up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3610; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No one thought this device is going to be cheap.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Still not affect my consideration to get it tho :)
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
800 usd? fair price.
25. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Considering what the iPhone goes for off contract the Xperia is a decent price for a somewhat rugged phone.
3. pyradark (Posts: 824; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
i ready my $900(Php40K) for this.. 1 year of being poor just to have this baby wohooo cant wait
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Pinoy! :)) I'm sure this will come to philippines by the time s4 is announced. would it make you think twice? :)
27. pyradark (Posts: 824; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
N-O!! hahaha, no matter how outdated the specs are,
the Looks will never be outdated with Sony
Xperia P Owner :)
31. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Surely it'll arrive around May or June, Spec's will be outdated then if compared sa SGS4 no doubt. But that phones overall design. is iDrool worthy! Just look at it, Man ang ganda!
5. Basharhd99 (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
although this is expensive, i won't change my mind , IM GONNA BUY IT
8. NeB89 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
In Belgium you can pre-order the Sony Xperia Z for €649.99 and you get a Smartdock DK26 with it. It's due to be delivered 18th of february. This is the same price as the Galaxy S3 and Note II had when they launched here.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
No thanks - I prefer the Oppo Find 5 with same specs, same screen, same camera, better design and better battery for some $300 less. I mean for crying out loud, you can almost buy 3 Nexus 4s for one Xperia Z. That's Sony's idea to get back on the mobile map?
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Unpopular as expected. Wonder why anyone prefer this beast over the better priced yet equally packed and built Oppo or Huawei. All are great, but with big difference in price tag.
15. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 582; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Oh puhlease! Sony is like.no.other
You can't easily compare their products to some Chinese phones. Sony has the QUALITY that never dies.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Same specifications doesn't mean same hardware!
Does Oppo Find 5 supports 4G?
Does Oppo Find 5 has microSD Slot?
Does Oppo Find 5 has 2.2MP Front Facing Camera?
Does Oppo Find 5 is dust and water resistant?
Does Oppo Find 5 has FM radio?
Do you will trust Oppo over Sony?
Talking about LG Nexus 4 prices, in different countries different and prices.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does Oppo Find 5 has such thing like a Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 ?
Sony Xperia Z is a bit smaller device but display is the same size 5" !
Also have you saw Oppo web pages? I have no words...
18. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
hey man where is sony n where is oppo.................u r lik comparin gold n s**t.....lol..:p
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Oppo is on the rise baby, but I guess one needs to justify burning the extra couple of hundreds, nothing unusual about that, just ask the you know which group. ;)
Oppo BTW is a high-end blu-ray device maker in a position where they cannot make cheap-azz devices with the logo selling the product, the product needs to sell itself, and that's pretty good pressure to release something solid at a fair price point. $800 for a phone is anything but.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sorry, but Oppo even don't have a good international web page so about what trust and support we can talk about...
23. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Bad webpage :"( haha!
No phone is worth burning $800 (especially as it costs some $250 for the manufacturer, $300 with marketing, packing and support), but be my guest if you wanna pay more than twice for a shiny logo, not gonna tell you not to.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree, it is not cheap, but we were talking about the specifications and Sony Xperia Z has better specifications and quality.
"Bad webpage :"( haha!"
There is nothing funny, if they are even unable to creat good global web page, then about what customers service and responsiblity we can talk about???
10. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Quality is never cheap
Unless you are Google
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
With out contract price well in this to case sony material have the same build feature as Nasa space shuttle. Sorry forgot the name of the material.
16. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 582; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Oh damn. The price is going to rival iPhone5 32GB in the Philippines.
Still, Xperia Z! I don't want to be a "SHEap" person.
20. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
No matter what the intial mad sim free prizes given online,the general price through carriers will be always the same as current handsets. This phone will be between 500 - 600 euro pay as you go and between 250-150 euro on 18 or 24 month contracts respectively,its always the case.
29. papss (unregistered)
That is quit expensive if they want to take some market share.. They can't sell on their quality alone in afraid.. Still one sexy phone though
30. GodKnowsAll (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
If This Is Going To Be Pricy Then I Will Wait For Samsung Galaxy S4(Octa Core).