Sony Xperia Z price puzzle starts to fall into place: it won't be cheap
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:40
After the first pricing indication for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z appeared in the form of a 528 pounds sterling (~$850) offer from Clove UK, now two more price points for a SIM-free device show up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:44 28 1
No one thought this device is going to be cheap.
4. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:49 8 9
Still not affect my consideration to get it tho :)
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:46 13 2
800 usd? fair price.
25. JC557 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:38 1 0
Considering what the iPhone goes for off contract the Xperia is a decent price for a somewhat rugged phone.
3. pyradark posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:48 11 0
i ready my $900(Php40K) for this.. 1 year of being poor just to have this baby wohooo cant wait
7. neutralguy posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:13 6 0
Pinoy! :)) I'm sure this will come to philippines by the time s4 is announced. would it make you think twice? :)
27. pyradark posted on 14 Jan 2013, 18:24 0 0
N-O!! hahaha, no matter how outdated the specs are,
the Looks will never be outdated with Sony
Xperia P Owner :)
31. XiphiasGladius posted on 15 Jan 2013, 04:03 0 0
Surely it'll arrive around May or June, Spec's will be outdated then if compared sa SGS4 no doubt. But that phones overall design. is iDrool worthy! Just look at it, Man ang ganda!
5. Basharhd99 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 05:57 12 1
although this is expensive, i won't change my mind , IM GONNA BUY IT
8. NeB89 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:20 5 0
In Belgium you can pre-order the Sony Xperia Z for €649.99 and you get a Smartdock DK26 with it. It's due to be delivered 18th of february. This is the same price as the Galaxy S3 and Note II had when they launched here.
9. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:24 2 9
No thanks - I prefer the Oppo Find 5 with same specs, same screen, same camera, better design and better battery for some $300 less. I mean for crying out loud, you can almost buy 3 Nexus 4s for one Xperia Z. That's Sony's idea to get back on the mobile map?
11. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:43 1 6
Unpopular as expected. Wonder why anyone prefer this beast over the better priced yet equally packed and built Oppo or Huawei. All are great, but with big difference in price tag.
15. spiderpig2894 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:25 6 2
Oh puhlease! Sony is like.no.other
You can't easily compare their products to some Chinese phones. Sony has the QUALITY that never dies.
17. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:31 1 7
22. spiderpig2894 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 09:14 6 1
Im just saying the truth
12. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:51 12 2
Same specifications doesn't mean same hardware!
Does Oppo Find 5 supports 4G?
Does Oppo Find 5 has microSD Slot?
Does Oppo Find 5 has 2.2MP Front Facing Camera?
Does Oppo Find 5 is dust and water resistant?
Does Oppo Find 5 has FM radio?
Do you will trust Oppo over Sony?
Talking about LG Nexus 4 prices, in different countries different and prices.
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 06:58 3 1
Does Oppo Find 5 has such thing like a Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 ?
Sony Xperia Z is a bit smaller device but display is the same size 5" !
Also have you saw Oppo web pages? I have no words...
18. 007akshay posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:34 3 1
hey man where is sony n where is oppo.................u r lik comparin gold n s**t.....lol..:p
19. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:54 0 3
Oppo is on the rise baby, but I guess one needs to justify burning the extra couple of hundreds, nothing unusual about that, just ask the you know which group. ;)
Oppo BTW is a high-end blu-ray device maker in a position where they cannot make cheap-azz devices with the logo selling the product, the product needs to sell itself, and that's pretty good pressure to release something solid at a fair price point. $800 for a phone is anything but.
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 08:21 3 1
Sorry, but Oppo even don't have a good international web page so about what trust and support we can talk about...
23. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 09:58 1 1
Bad webpage :"( haha!
No phone is worth burning $800 (especially as it costs some $250 for the manufacturer, $300 with marketing, packing and support), but be my guest if you wanna pay more than twice for a shiny logo, not gonna tell you not to.
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 10:34 0 1
I agree, it is not cheap, but we were talking about the specifications and Sony Xperia Z has better specifications and quality.
"Bad webpage :"( haha!"
There is nothing funny, if they are even unable to creat good global web page, then about what customers service and responsiblity we can talk about???
28. pyradark posted on 14 Jan 2013, 18:26 1 0
SUPER AGREE :))
14. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:08 0 4
With out contract price well in this to case sony material have the same build feature as Nasa space shuttle. Sorry forgot the name of the material.
16. spiderpig2894 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:28 3 0
Oh damn. The price is going to rival iPhone5 32GB in the Philippines.
Still, Xperia Z! I don't want to be a "SHEap" person.
20. andro. posted on 14 Jan 2013, 08:15 0 0
No matter what the intial mad sim free prizes given online,the general price through carriers will be always the same as current handsets. This phone will be between 500 - 600 euro pay as you go and between 250-150 euro on 18 or 24 month contracts respectively,its always the case.
29. papss posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:48 0 0
That is quit expensive if they want to take some market share.. They can't sell on their quality alone in afraid.. Still one sexy phone though
30. GodKnowsAll posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:23 0 0
If This Is Going To Be Pricy Then I Will Wait For Samsung Galaxy S4(Octa Core).