Sony Xperia Z launch sales encouraging, says executive, no plans for WP8 phones in H1
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2013, 08:47 posted on
Sony Mobile's Calum MacDougall, head of Xperia marketing, said in an MWC that the launch sales of its flagship Xperia Z handset are very encouraging. The phone just became available in several major EU countries, after making the rounds in the homeland of Japan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Very nice Sony keep up the good work now hurry up & release this baby in the states
14. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think this is the worst thing about Sony
US is an important market and unfortunately Sony didn't do a good job in covering US market. they must change their policy soon.
18. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
They will sell for 2 more weeks before HTC one comes out and slaps Xperia Z
3. Commentator (Posts: 1868; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Good job for them, they've been in a real mess for the last few years.
I would definitely take a look at a WP8 (Vaio Phone anyone?) device if Sony decided on one. Their current design style seems to mesh well with Livetiles.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Android or Windows phone or Firefox, sony will continue to tumble as always... For making a low quality device
13. emadshiny (Posts: 757; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
and you'll get thumbs down for your low quality comments that come from your low quality mind.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
think youre looking at the picture wrong. if dev don't see any good hardware that will drive sales on the app NO MANUFACTURE won't support the OS
17. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
scared that they might end up selling 1M only like lumia
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think this already makes for their best phone release ever.
Great news :)
7. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I think Sony is not going WindowsPhone path not because of OS nor the Company but because of the policy Microsoft is wrapping around them?
Because personally I don't see any reason of not getting some good numbers with Xperia Z (or ZL) type of device with WindowsPhone 8. WP8 is not smashing any records but its growth is steady, slow but steady, which is a good thing.
8. Atlas (Posts: 146; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
It would like to see a couple of Sony devices that run different platforms. And to Commentator a Vaio phone would be an excellent idea(Maybe Walkman and Cyber-shot without the Xperia branding as well:)
10. jonartpop (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Sony is starting to steal Samsung's crown with Xperia Z. It's good though whatever the brand as long as the price, features and the specs make sense. Good luck Sony!
11. mui2g6 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I'd love to see a WP8 phone from Sony...and am pretty sure da design and build quality would be epic.
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Would of been cool if it came out 2-4 months ago...
This phone has competition now, if it was out at end of 2012 in the US it would have done amazingly.