Sony Xperia Z hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:43
Simply known as the Sony Xperia Z, it’s the Japanese company’s dubbed flagship device – and boy does it have the impressive specs sheet to live up to that recognition! Certainly we’re drooling over its wicked hardware, which consists of many lovable elements that would crush most of the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:07 9 25
John says the contrast is high, but it looks washed out to me.
7. pyradark posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:15 38 8
that's bcoz, its TFT LCD, when you watch it on youtube its ugly but in real life hands on its beautiful, that's why sony called it "Reality Display" get it
Xperia P Owner
12. noim1 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:26 20 4
YUP ..i know ..i have a Xperia P ....
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:36 15 2
And this comes with Engine 2 so expect something more better!!
29. ebubekir26 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:57 7 7
i don't want to disrespect x peria S owners but ,,, i owned an xperia S ,, at first i tought it's amazing cuz on paper it was faster than a galaxy Note ,, 12mp, very good display, but i was very disapointed after using it for 4 or more weeks :( , it was laggy as HELL, BATTERY SUCKED (it didn't last a day (a half day!!!), the screen was very weird , when i was playing games or simply swiping my screen to clean it , i saw like stains, just like on your pc screen, i didn't even press hard, AND THE PHONE WAS FREEZING VER VERY VERY OFTEN , I NEEDED TO FORCE CLOSE my phone, the camera was stupid ! ,, auto focus was extremely slow and simply sucked,, the pictures i took were very noisy, so i sold my phone and bought a Galaxy Note II , i don't know if you had the same problems
41. rickysam posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:17 1 0
i had an xperia s its cameramis crap especially in low light conditions,screen is awsome,never freezed i used for 2 mnths but bit laggy since i installed ics, battery life is ok
19. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:45 3 20
I saw a video of Xperia Z next to HTC One X, Z looked wahed out, but One X looked very beautiful.
Isn't One X screen TFT too?
24. XiphiasGladius posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:01 1 3
One X has a SLCD2 display kind of IPS panel made my a certain Japanese company if I'm not mistaken.
25. pyradark posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:04 9 2
One X use SLCD, those are very good screen both real look and camera shoots at screen.
AGAIN, try it "Real Life Hands On" and you will know what I Mean. :))
Bravia wont let you down promise, its like watch a film on a led TV
26. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:12 5 2
tks, the commentators said it was beautiful, so Sony did a good job here.
36. abhishek48 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:18 3 8
I have compared HTC one x screen vs Xperia ion....according to all reviews HTC one x had best screen...and droid DNA has even better.... Not worth the wait when DNA is available since 2 months
I own DNA..best phone in the world
39. Aaron_R96 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:30 15 4
Correction: DNA... 2nd best phone in the world*
Xperia Z.. best phone in the world..*
22. adjou posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:52 7 5
Think you got used to the dark and gloomy AMOLED displays. You really need to be there to see the bueaty of Xperia screens
62. Airforce posted on 10 Jan 2013, 12:42 2 0
So buying this....am always a lover of SONY..remembering my first love w7001
2. tiara6918 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:52 18 4
Killer phone! Especially with that elegant black color and design!
3. jstahl posted on 08 Jan 2013, 03:56 24 11
This is the greatest phone ever made in the history. Japan the best. Cheap chinese and korean plastic copycat phones don't match with Japanese quality.
18. AnTuTu posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:38 12 9
Mate we all love Sony but please mind your language and words when you talk like this.
"Cheap Chinese and Korean plastic copycat phones companies" are making billions of $$$ of profit every year because they produce beast every year. You may be a kid or a person who just comments like this because he thinks its cool. Come on man
23. cheetah2k posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:56 3 0
Yeah, iPhone is made in China. Its cheap plastic copycat yada yada LOL
61. btbotimtim posted on 10 Jan 2013, 02:25 0 4
that is why sony's stock price is at around 10 bucks...
98. wtflol posted on 05 Feb 2013, 23:22 0 0
You need to quit being a troll and get rid of that pathetic arrogance of yours. Ofc, Japanese quality are one of the best, no doubt about it. Besides this is not the BEST phone that's out there. HTC's One x plus is probably the best. Huawei also has the ascend D2 that also has a `1.5 quad core cpu. it's chinese design and produce. Was it a cheap phone? No! the quality can match up with sony's. it's just sony has more expierences of producing phones. you can say japan was one of the best country that produce awesome new products, but you can't put down other country and stop promoting your personal doctrine!
6. Katrina posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:11 17 4
STOP COMPARING THIS WITH THE S3 or S4.
Xperia Z is only H1 flagship.
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER Sony flagship phone for H2.
A15 cortex. Compare that with the S4.
and SONY FTW
20. saied posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:46 6 0
It is going to compete with S4 for many months and Its doesnt look good for Sony
If only there was a Tegra4 version....that would be perfect
8. darac posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:17 4 4
Looks like Sony still has some ironing to do with their JB..again trailing behind on software side. This really should be released with 4.2
11. noim1 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:21 19 5
The BESTest Sony Phone EVER !!!! Full Ashashi Dragontail glass body , waterfproof , dust resistant , SEXY and elegant design .....SHUT UP and take my money !!!! i want it nowww !!!
13. ryq24 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:29 8 5
the problem with this phone is the release date. march is too long! should be release next week!
17. pyradark posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:37 3 3
if they rush up, it will end up factory defect again, plus its only a little time MARCH is NEAR!!!
Cant wait to have this, I love the improvement on Movies App Weeiiiiiiii :)))
52. kobainez posted on 09 Jan 2013, 04:38 0 0
It will release on february on EUROPE check xperia blog
16. saied posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:37 7 16
Its last year tech
Sony has fallen behind Samsung almost a generation and thats a pity I like them very much
43. TMach posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:27 3 0
Apart from the HTC Butterfly which is not available generally, please tell me which of last year's phones come event remotelyclose to matching these specs? Seriously, if you do not have anything useful to say then it is better you zip it rather than make stupid comments. Stupid is an emotive word but afraid how else is one supposed to describe your comment? This phone rocks on all levels..end of! Troll much?
59. saied posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:05 0 0
And Z is available?
The first device with s4 pro (Optimus G) was announced 4 month ago and since then many others have been released,
And with A15 chips already on the market s4 pro looks rather aged for a flagship.
more so if it is supposed to change the fortunes of a company.
I love sony very much but I dont see Z sell exceptionally well
60. rgxVOiD posted on 09 Jan 2013, 21:42 0 0
Then you're blind
72. erdpov posted on 13 Jan 2013, 12:57 1 2
Galaxy s4 will blow it away! Haha, on all levels, Sammy is true innovator and marketing guru. Sony is a miserable loser.
84. amansingal14 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 03:19 5 1
I hate Samsung, its UI, its hardware, its poor design language, its childish appearance, its heavy and lag-full launcher, bad updates and no support for 90% of their phones...
Samsung for losers, Sony for winners
As for Sony, just get the pricing near to $450-$500, and what we know the next is you're killing Samsung.
75. TMach posted on 14 Jan 2013, 16:44 0 0
The Z may not be available but it is only a matter of 6 weeks away whilst no one is even sure about the S4, apart from speculation. The Optimus G may have been released 3 months ago but where is it available? It is not even released in Europe as yet. Dude, please keep it real. The Sony Xperia Z fulfills what a phone should be on many levels and is packing the latest specs. If you don't like it, that's cool, but suggest you go fawn over your non existent S4 on a Samsung page/blog. As I say, if you have something useful to say, people will listen but just trolling and bashing other brands is just silly. BTW, the statement that you love Sony very much just makes it worse as any idiot can see through that lie.
53. kobainez posted on 09 Jan 2013, 04:39 3 1
HAHAH go buy ur plastic toy s4 and stop trolling here
21. mademepror posted on 08 Jan 2013, 04:46 2 0
I read the specs, but I'm still puzzled on one aspect. Does this new phone come with or without the Sony Rootkit? Joking aside the phone looks great, but I have serious ethical concerns about Sony.
28. jackhammeR posted on 08 Jan 2013, 05:43 2 2
front facing camera at the bottom of the shell? I saw this already on n9. I hope they won't call it an "innovation" in any sense.
But...keep going sony. maybe it's the first sony phone worth one's interest.
30. XYZ360 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:00 4 8
serious doesn,t understand how everyone is impressd by this phone. it's such a usual lg design with thinner bezel ??
50. pyradark posted on 08 Jan 2013, 19:53 4 2
first HIGH END Phone with water/dust proof & its far more elegant than LG
54. kobainez posted on 09 Jan 2013, 04:48 1 0
It looks like xperia gx and it was out before lg optimus g. Lg looks like sony phone
79. rickysam posted on 16 Jan 2013, 08:09 0 0
may be same design but man cant you see the elegance in the finishing touches and use of some damn good materiel to pack it
31. alfalf posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:29 4 2
better than htc. don't buy butterfly, it's a temp model for the end of year 2012
32. jackhammeR posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:30 1 5
What I'm afraid of are:
- overrated exmor r sensor which will turn out to be nothing more than a module taken straight from xperia T or arc s.
- too big to use it comfortably. My belief is that nothing above 4,5 inches is comfy enough to use it with just one hand. A phablet? No thank. but that a personal matter so let's skip this one.
- too big empty black space below the display. they could utilize it somehow. maybe retain the same screen size but for sake of phone's dimensions. see above.
- the rest looks promising. and this lovely camera button remaining the one from the htc evo 3d. a solid, metal block of two-step photo executor hopefully, the camera will hold its own)
33. aindriu80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:33 2 1
would you jump from a Sony Xperia TX to a Xperia Z or ZL ? I have a TX and like it but do wonder.
40. Aaron_R96 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:32 0 0
It's really upto you, I think specs-wise the Xperia Z will stay upto date for much longer than the TX did, especially considering 2gb of RAM, Micro SD & Full HD display, but then again the TX is still a very nice phone!
34. mydi.maus posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:59 8 6
Xperia z will not compete with Galaxy S4...there is still something for you GS4,..
55. kobainez posted on 09 Jan 2013, 04:51 6 1
The one that will compete with s4 is using oled full hd screen and using a15 soc and it will crush s4
64. maxha97 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 21:20 2 8
Samung will beat this xperia z with exynos octa core
83. luffybill posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:00 7 1
and new xperia will beat samsung gs4 also..stupid people can't see that xperia z rival is sg3 not sg4
95. saptakniyogi posted on 05 Feb 2013, 04:46 0 0
the new exynos is not exactly octa core, it uses two quad core but not simultaneously. one quad core is used to give high performance while other for power saving
38. monkeytown posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:25 0 0
except for the on screen buttons, this thing is AWESOME!
42. flipjzn posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:13 0 0
From leaks everyday u tell us the specs, then u they ahold of the phone u don't try to take a photo or video or play a video instead u tell us the same thing, specs?! Ugh!