Sony Xperia Z gets sandblasted and tortured in a bathtub (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:05
So far we've been getting only improvised drop tests for the yet-unreleased Sony Xperia Z, done at expos and presentations with gentle falls from waist or shoulder height, which did absolutely nothing to the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. _Bone_ posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:27 0 7
First review says build quality, performance and SW is awesome, screen is very sharp with disappointing blacks and viewing angles (picture), 4hrs of screen time on battery. Test subject arrived with a 32gig SD included & a docking station + a high quality earpiece. Photos are average albeit taken in dull conditions, too much noise reduction. It has 4.1.2 and Chrome on it which is showing in the tests. Overall it comes recommended.
3. spiderpig2894 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:40 7 0
Meh IDC. I don't look at the screen sideways or upwards or downwards. IDC about the dissapointing black color the TFT LCD makes because you'll only notice the horrible black in dark places where the LED backlight is visible.
4. _Bone_ posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:49 0 2
Agree on the viewing angle stuff, but not on the black, under light the lack of deep black is distracting, also during videos and gaming. It's not bad on the Z BTW, just dark grey as the article puts it.
11. amansingal14 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:16 0 1
As of blacks, I will adapt to it. Rest, there can be no phone like this one... (right now, as in future Sony and Nokia will keep on making phones)
20. cripton805 posted on 19 Jan 2013, 10:56 0 0
Dafuq is talking bout a nokia?
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:37 0 0
Yes, we know how Oppo Find 5 is awesome and cheap blah... blah... blah...
5. Andrewtst posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:59 1 1
Very impressive showing how durable this phone are !!!
16. Topcat488 posted on 19 Jan 2013, 02:54 0 0
Sir, you are easily impressed, but rubbing a little sand across the display and rear side of a waterproofed smartphone, too me is not... $60,00 extra and almost any phone can be waterproofed. :) Believe me, that extra charge is already added to the "Z".
6. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:33 2 0
PhoneArena.com, why you never say thanks for tips? :)
8. BonoEstente posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:13 0 1
Fast Show: Bono Estente. Thetheethethethehtehehthe
9. tashreef posted on 18 Jan 2013, 08:41 1 1
Make this kind of drop test videos
13/01/videosamsung-galaxy-s3-vs-nokia-lumia.htmlwhich makes comparison between Lumia 920 and GS3
21. cripton805 posted on 19 Jan 2013, 11:01 0 0
That video is one of the stupidest videos yet.
Direct hit on the GS3 and the Nokia was knocked off of the pole. It almost looks like they were aiming at the bottom portion of it. It was already curving downward by the time it was going to make impact.
The Lumia is a more durable phone. This test is stupid though.
10. jaytai0106 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:42 0 0
wherever he's at looks nice and it looks like he is at a SPA
12. Giggity posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:20 0 0
Dragontrail Glass really impressed me. Corning already talked the talk with the Gorilla Glass 3, let see if they can walk the walk.
13. buccob posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:43 1 1
thumbnail in the main page looked like arranging a cocaine line...
17. kdealltheway posted on 19 Jan 2013, 04:53 1 0
This guy reminds me of those people that sell knives. Similar presentation...
18. Crane posted on 19 Jan 2013, 07:54 0 0
I saw a test of the Z and think that my Acro S is much better for me now. The camera is so noisy and it dies at night. After 10 minutes, both side of the Z looked dirty and the standby time was terrible, caused by the large display.
23. crusher posted on 20 Jan 2013, 02:27 1 0
this is more like a joke than a torture test, and pouring sand doesnt make it sandblasting. torture test should like drown it for a week or put it under a car or throw it 10ft up!!!