Sony Xperia Z camera compared against Nokia’s juggernauts, the 808, N8, Lumia 920
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 07:31 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z boasts a 13-megapixel camera with the new Exmor RS sensor and back-side illumination…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
147. qjphone (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
nokia fanboys can't accept the facts that Nokia phones are only good for their cameras. Everything else if was on par with the others their stock won't be at $3 and change.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and you're full of it!
Clearly you can see from the first set of pictures that the Z has muddy detail...if i'm not wrong, it has the muddiest detail of all.
60. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nokia 808 > galaxy camera > nokia n8 > htc one > lumia 920
This is the truth. Accept it nokia trolls. I accepted 808 has the best camera
64. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yo dawg! Stick to the topic... There's no Galaxy camera and HTC one in the comparison! Shake your head, rub your eyes and see.
Besides 720>HTC one!
90. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
actually its 920>720> htc one.
ive seen youtube videos
77. ebubekir26 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I love Samsung,
but Nokia is the best in cameraphones
808 just killed the test
and the Nokia N8 a 3year old phone beat Xperia Z
legend, (i also had an nokia N8) :)
143. Dastrix (unregistered)
My thoughts exactly! Honestly, I was expecting much better results from the Xperia Z, given its supposedly superior Exmor RS sensor. The pictures look ridiculously blurry. They even cared to add a posterization processing effect to make it worse, as if the pictures weren't muddy enough. That is a joke. Clear pictures demand for clear winners, and clearly, them Nokias rule!
114. Trade_Mark (banned) (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Which you need. The WP Troll.......!
116. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
troll go play with your crayons and leave the adults to talk
why bother coming back or comment you add nothing
3. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
They kinda all look bad in one picture or another. Just bring a DSLR, make your life easier if you really want to 'zoom' in and take pictures.
10. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
So then, we should get a calculator, a GPS system, a laptop, a router and everything else along with a large backpack. While I'm not denying the fact that a DSLR will give a better picture, the fact is that most people have the phone as their only camera most of the time. This is where the 808 kicks in, and while the videos and pictures are incredibly stable on PV phase 2, the quality as similar to that of the average smartphone. Low light images are better than that of the other smartphones but it certain times just makes the scene too bright.
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It seems like you don't know much...
Symbian out-lived most operating systems there was! It was the best looking and multi-functional OS. Unlike Samsung, LG and most of the OEM's (that embraced Android later) whose proprietary OS looked like video games of yesteryears!
Have respect to something that started it all.
140. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
You must be an idiot who knows nothing if you think Symbian ever looked pretty. It's ugly.
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
whats wrong with symbian?
not everyone needs thousands of apps plus symbian offers excellent customization which you android lot love bragging about and runs smooth without the need for quadcore
93. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
going out off topic motherf**ker!
149. qjphone (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I thought nobody wanted symbian? Nokia still makes beast cameraphones but great cameras are not enough. The experience needs to be great. I hope Nokia EOS is godlike otherwise I am done with nokia and I will just get a DSLR and a xperia or samsung or any high-end WP8 or android device.
4. harshithh (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
dis is becoz the camera person has taken pics by zooming in the camera for sony xperia z but not for other mobile. if they r also zoomed in thier result will be even more horrible than xperia z!!!!
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The field of view for Xperia Z is smaller than what it is for the other phones, so your point is? That's why it seems the pictures are zoomed in.
53. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Ever heard of wide angle lens before? Nokia's lenses are wider. Do your research before talking c0ck as if you know a lot about cameras. The lens on Nokia has a wider field.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you obviously no nothing, as said already the field of view is smaller on the xperia Z
but doesnt matter as this site has gone downhill thanks to the comment section. honestly a camera shootout and half on here are so blinded they make excuses or just hate on anything nokia even when it clearly excels in this area. the 808 indisputably is the best camera phone proven time and time again. yet look at the android fanboys trying there hardest to say otherwise.