Sony Xperia Z camera compared against Nokia’s juggernauts, the 808, N8, Lumia 920
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 07:31 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z boasts a 13-megapixel camera with the new Exmor RS sensor and back-side illumination…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. Andrea (banned) (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This is a Nokia Fanboy site???
Nokia arent they liers???
8. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And you are a bot or anti-WP/Nokia troll.
145. qjphone (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
camera yes overall HELL NO be objective FANBOYS!!!
59. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
even xpera S is better looking then Z dont know what phone is that
71. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
not, this site is just for the best devices, and the nokia's trio has no match
122. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
im gettin tired of seeing these photots of Lumia 920 taken by some damn idiot!
you cant take pictures with "auto options", this is more like a real camera you need to change your options when taking differnt kinds of photos.
126. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
im not a Nokia fanboi,,, im using a HTC....
anyways just look at those pictures....u can see those Xperia Z pictures are horrible
are u blind or something? :/
146. qjphone (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
well Nokia's specialty is their camera tech so this isn't even a fair comparison.
27. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia still best in imaging.......................... ..
118. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Canon - Delighting You Always
37. Johnnokia (Posts: 1078; Member since: 27 May 2012)
N8 is three years old and smashes xperia.
How great is Nokia !!!
81. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
that's my phone dude........i'm using n8 right now.......!!! Nokia product quality last forever....!!!
51. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I was expecting Xperia to lose without even looking at the photos first, at least to 808 and N8. No matter what kind of fancy sensor or pixel count, it will still lose as long the CMOS sensor size is small. 808 = 1/1.2, N8 = 1/1.83, there are no other phones with this kind of sensor size. Even Galaxy Camera is only 1/2.3 or something around that value.
55. ubuntu (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
xperia z is not bad at all. personality, it look better than nokia lumia 920 for most zooming photos.
101. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Wasn't even close like I expected it to be. Oh well, the rest of the device is pure class.
112. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm disappointed by Sony. I really expected a closer comparison and better result from their renowned cameras. Nokia definitely wins this round, and likely will for years to come. The N8 proves Nokia is at least 3 years ahead of anyone else.
5. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Get your eyes checked or rise out of the blind hatred.
82. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i hate people like you. cant accept facts
97. drkuthan (Posts: 39; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
808 can only do photo and video that's all
the ancient symbian can't keep up even get close to android and ios
sorry but ...
103. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
because ive never felt left behind with my 808 compared to my mates iphone 4s and countless android phones. sure they have better ecosystems way ahead in that area but symbian can still keep up on general use
100. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
he is fustrated by seeing that nokia pureview beats everyone..........
147. qjphone (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
nokia fanboys can't accept the facts that Nokia phones are only good for their cameras. Everything else if was on par with the others their stock won't be at $3 and change.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3661; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and you're full of it!
Clearly you can see from the first set of pictures that the Z has muddy detail...if i'm not wrong, it has the muddiest detail of all.
60. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nokia 808 > galaxy camera > nokia n8 > htc one > lumia 920
This is the truth. Accept it nokia trolls. I accepted 808 has the best camera
64. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3661; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yo dawg! Stick to the topic... There's no Galaxy camera and HTC one in the comparison! Shake your head, rub your eyes and see.
Besides 720>HTC one!
90. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
actually its 920>720> htc one.
ive seen youtube videos
77. ebubekir26 (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I love Samsung,
but Nokia is the best in cameraphones
808 just killed the test
and the Nokia N8 a 3year old phone beat Xperia Z
legend, (i also had an nokia N8) :)
143. Dastrix (unregistered)
My thoughts exactly! Honestly, I was expecting much better results from the Xperia Z, given its supposedly superior Exmor RS sensor. The pictures look ridiculously blurry. They even cared to add a posterization processing effect to make it worse, as if the pictures weren't muddy enough. That is a joke. Clear pictures demand for clear winners, and clearly, them Nokias rule!
114. Trade_Mark (banned) (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Which you need. The WP Troll.......!
116. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
troll go play with your crayons and leave the adults to talk
why bother coming back or comment you add nothing
3. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
They kinda all look bad in one picture or another. Just bring a DSLR, make your life easier if you really want to 'zoom' in and take pictures.
10. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
So then, we should get a calculator, a GPS system, a laptop, a router and everything else along with a large backpack. While I'm not denying the fact that a DSLR will give a better picture, the fact is that most people have the phone as their only camera most of the time. This is where the 808 kicks in, and while the videos and pictures are incredibly stable on PV phase 2, the quality as similar to that of the average smartphone. Low light images are better than that of the other smartphones but it certain times just makes the scene too bright.
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3661; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It seems like you don't know much...
Symbian out-lived most operating systems there was! It was the best looking and multi-functional OS. Unlike Samsung, LG and most of the OEM's (that embraced Android later) whose proprietary OS looked like video games of yesteryears!
Have respect to something that started it all.
140. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
You must be an idiot who knows nothing if you think Symbian ever looked pretty. It's ugly.
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
whats wrong with symbian?
not everyone needs thousands of apps plus symbian offers excellent customization which you android lot love bragging about and runs smooth without the need for quadcore
93. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
going out off topic motherf**ker!
149. qjphone (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I thought nobody wanted symbian? Nokia still makes beast cameraphones but great cameras are not enough. The experience needs to be great. I hope Nokia EOS is godlike otherwise I am done with nokia and I will just get a DSLR and a xperia or samsung or any high-end WP8 or android device.
4. harshithh (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
dis is becoz the camera person has taken pics by zooming in the camera for sony xperia z but not for other mobile. if they r also zoomed in thier result will be even more horrible than xperia z!!!!
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The field of view for Xperia Z is smaller than what it is for the other phones, so your point is? That's why it seems the pictures are zoomed in.
53. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Ever heard of wide angle lens before? Nokia's lenses are wider. Do your research before talking c0ck as if you know a lot about cameras. The lens on Nokia has a wider field.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you obviously no nothing, as said already the field of view is smaller on the xperia Z
but doesnt matter as this site has gone downhill thanks to the comment section. honestly a camera shootout and half on here are so blinded they make excuses or just hate on anything nokia even when it clearly excels in this area. the 808 indisputably is the best camera phone proven time and time again. yet look at the android fanboys trying there hardest to say otherwise.