Sony Xperia Z available in the U.K.; phone offered to U.S. buyers for $849
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 09:58 posted on
A day earlier than expected, a number of U.K. retailers are offering the Sony Xperia Z unlocked and SIM free at various prices; with no U.S. carrier announcing that they will be offering the device, one retailer is selling it in the states with limited compatibility for T-Mobile and AT&T customers for the price of $849 with orders getting shipped in 1 to 2 days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow $849.00 for 2012 specs?!? Thanks but no thanks.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You Forgot to add that HTC Droid DNA is better, didn't you?!
50. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The HTC Droid DNA actually came out in 2012. Don't get the Sony Xperia Z people, get either the HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S IV. lol
51. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You are just an HTC Droid DNA owner which just can't come to terms that there is a new and better "sheriff in town" a.k.a. Sony Xperia Z. And you just can't handle that other feel the hype about Sony Xperia Z. And that's why you are squealing in every article about Sony Xperia Z, you feel butthurt. ;D
5. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Even worse than that.
Washed out screen
Purple tinted photos
It's got the Sony logo, fanboys gonna wet themselves over this
41. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I have here in Australia
I can tell you its outside is the best till today
But inside(sorry i have to say this) is even worse than GS3
Idk what they did with their UI but it is seriously laggy and looks not cool (laggy especially phone, call, text)
And I still have no idea why they need the big tile as background for the application
To sum up, it is not worth $849 even if you are an early adapter..you gatta wait till the price goes down
46. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
hey u should have seen china made xperia z i think.... :p..lol
47. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I hope so otherwise you guys will be so disappointed with it on your hand
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
have you worked with this phone or you're just a butthurt fanboy?
or maybe you only credit those biased reviews of this phone.
11. Rexperia (Posts: 134; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
What's problem with you? Are you mad? Did Sony treat you bad? Calm down and grow up! If you don't like it then go look for your dreams phone... Pathetic..
12. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
my friend from london who owns the Z himself has told me that the phone beats the heck out of BUTTERFLY ! the screen is washed out , camera is the best till date & battery lasts more than a day !
its the fan boys from HTC & SAMSUNG who has done Z damage !
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Troll, do you even know what is ergonomics...
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
First of all I don't need to reade any reviews to know what is ergonomics.
Second, one review may say that Sony Xperia Z has bad ergonomics while another review may say that Sony Xperia Z has good ergonomics, then what?
And what if review will say you to jump off the roof, do you will jump?
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
you're a poor reviewer it have STAMINA STAND BY MODE for longer and turn off web traffic 2400 maH battery. FULL HD 1080P screen 6.9 MM THICK Smaller than youre crappy iPhone TEMPER GLASS stronger than fragile glass. need i say more? learn too look at review phones before u say something
52. TMach (Posts: 457; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Not sure what to make of haters like you other than conclude a) either you can't afford the phone or b) you are simply a butthurt fanboy of another maker. I have just spent a full day with this phone and after having it on and using it all day, phone calls texting, playing Angry Birds out of boredom and watching a movie, I still have 56% battery left! The screen is simply to die for and I have had them all and still own the HTC One X+ and Xperia T as well as the Nexus 4! The colours are so rich and vivid on this phone, it almost hurts as the images are that sharp - you will need to use it in real life to appreciate......oh, I forgot, you are simply trolling and never held this phone or yo are just a fanboy of .........
54. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Wow sounds amazing, water resistance is a big plus for me so I'll eventually get this I think, how much was yours?
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
THIS IS UNLOCKED through the U.K. I'm waiting for U.S. CARRIER vsrsion.
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Wow, the amount of Sony and Nokia fans here lately surprises me...
Seriously though, the Xperia Z IS a 2012 phone in a world soon to be full of 2013 beasts. I mean, the Z isn't bad by any means, every phone has it's cons, but it's just late to the party; and to be late while pricing it that high is just absurd. I can pre order a 32 GB HTC One for about $700, which is a true 2013 flagship.
30. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Actually, if it had the Qualcomm 600 like it really should have, don't know how Sony screwed up there, the Z would be much better than the HTC One. It looks better, is thinner, better ergonomics(button placement), better screen size to phone size ratio etc.
40. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Sony fanboys will have to say make sense of the Xperia Z old chipset, the not so great bravia engine, and the company's bad reputation with updates. Not to mention the borong UI. Now lets count the dislikes.
29. oister85 (Posts: 497; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
it has the same specs of the htc one same processor, jelly bean. I think the z offers more with the water resistant dust, really good headphones, and is made of glass
44. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
f**k off mate water resistant high end mobile is 2012 spec.......ooff!!
.......where ru leavin mate...??????????
45. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
i know it is costlier but by d release of s4 it will be reduced to 700$ i guess.....
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
the purple one is a real eye catcher but its very difficult to find one.
i think i must go for white
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You can pre order the purple one here for $770;
4. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
my beauty is coming.
can't wait anymore and want to buy a PURPLE one.