Sony Xperia Z appears for preorder on Expansys UK, this time at $644
0. phoneArena 15 Jan 2013, 05:44 posted on
The more we are nearing the launch, which retailers are pegging for the end of next month in Europe, the more it seems that Sony won't be commanding a hefty premium for the handset, but rather ship it in the 600-700 range, what most high-ends typically go for when released anyway...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
In the end, it cost $199 on US carrier 2yr contract lol :)
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4735; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There is probably a VAT that is pushing up the sell price. No VAT in the U.S.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Of course is vat lol... Cost 809 in Europe but 790 in Australia...
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4735; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Different VAT %? I don't know if Australia has a VAT, though. If no VAT in Australia, then other factors would drive the sell price.
21. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Carrier locked it'll be 599 euro on pay as you go,contract I reckon 250-150 depending on 18 or 24 myth contract. Its the same every year for the top handsets
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4735; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So Wendy, are you going to get the Z as your next phone?
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Definitely, ten months later of course lol... I ran out of money Lolol :p
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4735; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
But in 10 months, Apple will be releasing the iP6. Sure you could pass up a bright, shiny, new iP6 for a 6 month old Z?
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Never pay to Apple a single cent :p
I received it from someone who wish to abandon it... I'm just a collector lol...
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 1749; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Haha, the iSony crowd doesn't like the truth.
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
I love to see android fans fighting each other :p
22. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I love to see you staying loyal and a cult hippy to Apple.
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
The problem is that it's hard to get the Device...
12. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Apart from the waterproof feature and a tougher glass
13. sarb009 (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Crazy price no surprise why sony is not so successful in mobile phones. Who the hell care so much abt water resistance ? But ppl do care abt high price
17. pyradark (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
people are buying expensive Iphone with nothing but its Brand.
Millions of people love to travel, bring their phone on beach without worrying it will get wet.
19. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
So much ignorance in one comment. Post updated, its $644. I happen to live in a very rainy country (its raining right now as im typing), so water resistance is a good feature
14. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
It's also available at Amazon for 649 Euros... I think it's a nice phone, and maybe I'll even buy it, but I want a Galaxy Note, too... Mmm, can't decide!!!
16. emadshiny (Posts: 763; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
you have the same dilemma as me, but plz don't compare this beauty with Gnote2.
every aspect is almost the same with Sony edging in some aspects like camera and water and dust proof certification.
so you see i made my decision. this is much much better and much more classy than note2.
20. aayupanday (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That is a much better price point as compared to the others before.....
23. Rexperia (Posts: 93; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
This is 5" full HD display, so i think the price is quite reasonable, considering the spec and also everything inside and outside..
24. Bedz81 (Posts: 39; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
Really? i just checked out their site and it shows £529?? I was prepared to sell my Xperia T to fund it for that price.