Sony Xperia Z added to AOSP
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 11:48 posted on
Sony has added its new flagship model, the Sony Xperia Z, to the Android Open Source Project ; Sony had previously added the Sony Xperia S to the AOSP with the goal of having developers make contributions to the open source OS, but limitations to the hardware forced the Japanese OEM to move the phone out of the main part of the AOSP and into Sony's GitHub...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony should focus on Android 4.2 update for the Xperia Z instead of this one.
2. itsjustJOH (Posts: 188; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
There's a lot of things going on inside Sony, Tokyo and Lund to be specific. Hopefully, they sort this out and not let pride take over and ruin the now "One Sony."
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Android 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.2.2 lol xD
10. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Android 4.2.2 is ready already. Lund is king
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
that's better sony.....keep it up.....!!!
6. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Sony Always support Development ..that is a side i like of Sony ..
7. Cwilliams (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Sony's camera doesnt work?
How come it works on the video?
8. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's always the case when a device is added to AOSP. Always something missing and not working but the dev's usually do kick butt job of getting things in order. Just takes a little time and support, but it will get there eventually.