Sony Xperia Z Ultra to launch in Taiwan toward the end of July
Sony Xperia S, with its unique translucent strip, has been around longer than 12 months and the Sony Xperia Arco S has been alive for 14 to 16 months. The Sony Xperia Z is still young, being all of 6 months old, and Sony Mobile Taiwan is reporting that sales of the phone have risen since May. The device has just been added to T-Mobile's lineup in the states.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the largest screened smartphone with a 6.4 inch 1080 x 1920 (FHD) glass, exceeding the size of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. A quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 powers the phone. The device is IP55 and IP58 certified against water and dust and any writing instrument with a point larger than .65mm can write on the screen. There is 2GB of RAM on board and 16GB of native storage that can be expanded with the 64GB capacity microSD slot. Rear and front-facing cameras weigh in at 8MP and 2MP respectively.
Sony is aiming for a 20% market share in Taiwan, but is currently third with a market share of 14.8%
1. istitch (Posts: 173; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
sony has to try harder especially in the states
2. lee480 (Posts: 179; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Sony is already extremely successful outside the US. It sold phones than HTC, Nokia and Motorola.
People must stop taking the US as a benchmark of success. A product not popular in US doesn't mean it's not popular outside the US.
5. istitch (Posts: 173; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
still that doesnt justify why shouldn't sony put more resources in the states judging on how poor they are right now
8. pyradark (Posts: 788; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
You judge them by number of units not in total income. They are not HTC, rhey survive 2011 financial crisis
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Im staying well away from sony device as they always seem to have the longest waits for software updates. I'll stick with my nexus devices for now.
4. lee480 (Posts: 179; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Remember to stay away from HTC and LG too.
6. calim (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Second OEM to push JB and they update more models to new android versions than any other.
7. calim (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Can't wait for this model to land in Europe. Having carried both my 4.3" phone and my Nexus 7 around for a year now I'd love to switch to one device.
11. Samir_Maric (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Xperia z ultra now available in india for Rs. 44,990 from online retailer Saholic
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1596; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It would be so nice to have Sony smartphones on all US carriers...
13. Reonhato (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
After my 7 inch ASUS tablet broke, this can be my next tablet :)