Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the largest 'phone' ever: here is how it eclipses all others (size comparison)
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 05:52 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is real, it's official and... it's humongous. Sony calls its 6.44-inch creation a smartphone, most people would call it a phablet, and in reality it looks much more like a tablet than a phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. adjou (Posts: 104; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Where's the Xperia ZU and X10 mini comparison!! :)
17. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol. Xperia ZU's battery only must be bigger than the X10 mini whole phone XD
31. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Ha ha! My room partner still has that phone. It looks and feels like a soapbar.
77. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Where is the comparison between Asus Nexus 7 and Z ultra?
30. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
85. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
A high-end phone in 2013 in 2013 without flash and only 3000 mAh to power this big phone, what happened Sony?
63. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
They forgot fonepad. Asus even claim it to be a phone. So technically, zu is not the largest phone.
64. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
You forgot about the Galaxy and Note Tabs.. They all have 3G variants that can make calls..
82. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Calls but I think it cant send messages.
7. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
why don't they just make it a tab with a 7.0 inch screen.
76. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
This phone is not shockproof dear.
10. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Impressive stuff from Sony.
But I do not want it as I already have the ZL because of its compact size and 5" screen which is a more than enough pleasant viewing experience (No, I don't care about the viewing angles) and the performance has been good since the Android 4.2.2 update. I have the Xperia Tablet Z to do those Tablet task anyway.
11. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I think its a mini version of xperia tablet Z
But with calling functionality
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I would get it since it says it comes with a handset accessory to make calls (assuming its actually convenient) if so, I could use it as a tablet and a phone for sure....nice one Sony :)
14. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Wait the phone has no camera flash & only 3000mAh battery to power a 6.44" screen? are you effin kindding me SONY? ok the battery is justifiable but lack of Camera Flash?
This would probably again look incomplete when it's gonna be size up with the Note 3.
15. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And some people say Note2 it's huge! Hahahahah Samsung I'm waiting for Note3!
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Look at the iPhone beside the xperia z ultra
21. Phaze0085 (Posts: 112; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
these frontal comparisons dont really do anyone justice. Theres a hands-on size comparison on engadet, and the Z compared to the ZU doesnt look nearly as small as it does here. But I sure am happy its 6.4 and not 6.2. You go Sony. You just may get my money this year. On something other than gaming media.
25. wendygarett (unregistered)
Attacks on titans? Run iPhone run!!! Or else you will get swallowed!!! :D