Sony Xperia Z Ultra carries a premium price tag in Hong Kong
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2013, 13:48 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is coming to Hong Kong by the end of this month, according to Sony Mobile Hong Kong; not only is the device sporting a 6.4 inch screen, it is also the thinnest 1080 x 1920 resolution smartphone (FHD) available. The version of the phone to be released this month is the model with HSPA+ connectivity (C6802/XL39h) which will be tagged at HK$6,198 ($799 USD)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (Posts: 2903; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Wow that is some price tag. Ill wait for the reviews before saying its not worth it though.
20. AnTuTu (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Its not worth because it doesn't have enough features to offer in software side.
But it is a good device in the build quality side of it.
I wish Sony could have some developers like Sammy.
27. GTR722 (Posts: 206; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Its pretty cheap to be honest, GS4 cost almost the same and the ZU had better hardware.
2. ryq24 (Posts: 428; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And that is why sony will never be number one! Their products are almost always more expensive than others! Bet samsung note 3 will be cheaper!
4. smallworld (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The Galaxy Note is a very expensive phone as well.
7. papss (Posts: 2903; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Aren't they both? Listen, I'm a super hater of SS but that is a weak argument to be had
12. papss (Posts: 2903; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I hate the design of their phones, the backs that flex/creak and the hyper glaze they use. I also dislike touch wiz.. I do however applaud that they go that extra mile to update their OS faster than any other and that they seem to use the best hardware...it's unfortunate that its wrapped in such an ugly shell.
10. nnjerzy (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
no it isnt the Sony is a premium phone and worth it,, im getting it... have the Xperia Z,, i left Samsung and there cheap plastics
14. papss (Posts: 2903; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
No I was saying aren't they both plastic?. I agree Sony makes quality handsets ( other than screen tech).
16. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Sony actually has a lot of great screen technology. Triluminos, WhiteMagic, and Super Top Emission(Oled Displays) is just a few great display technology that Sony have.
the only problem is in some handsets like Xperia Z they use crappy display.
but that doesn’t mean they can’t make high quality display, now with Xperia ZU the situation has changed.
25. romeo1 (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
No they aren't the Z ultra is like the Z with glass on the front and the back but instead of glass fibre polyamide the z ultra has a metal casing it looks like aluminium
15. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
to be No. 1 every compan needs time, do you know how much time is samsung needed to be No. 1?
Sony product currently has a fairly competitive price range, for example Xperia SP has a cheaper price range in comparison with S4 Mini.
Even in some places you can buy Xperia ZR or ZL with the same price range with the S4 Mini.
Note 3 is not going to be cheap because when compared to S4,
Note 3 will have a bigger screen and battery, better chipset, OIS, and a stylus. all of it will make the price of Note 3 to be expensive.
17. pyradark (Posts: 688; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
for Sony, they dont need to be no.1, HTC & LG sells more unit but Sony got more profit with less unit.
3. Shatter (Posts: 1751; Member since: 29 May 2013)
All smartphones are inflated prices and way above what they should be but really $824?
I'll stick with my nexus 4 and then I'm upgrading my tablet when I can get a 10" tegra 4 with a 1600p screen.
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 1999; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The funny thing is that you might get an LTE-supported Nexus 7 for third the price, a little hack, and there you have an even larger screen FHD "phone" plus $500 in your pocket.
The trend is more tablety the thing the more reasonable the price tag, the Ascend Mate costs $400. Sony must take us for a fool thinking they can ask $800 for a sorta-7" tablet.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Still need a u.s. price tag for the Z Ultra before I buy the X phone.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 1999; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
For $830 surely they could've included an LED flash not to render the camera useless once you are in limited lights, and that's like half of your photography time.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They want too compact every inch of the phone. If they put a flash on it it wont be a waterproof phone.
13. GeekMovement (Posts: 1496; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
At least they're getting it ._. let's just hope it makes it into the US.
18. pyradark (Posts: 688; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
All sony phones goes all around the world except US. maybe honami is meant for US first before other world hahahaha
21. jibraihimi (Posts: 529; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Got it..... Sony doesn't want to sell more than 10k-20k pcs. of this handset.........
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 986; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
That ugly plank has too much bezel on the top, bottom, and sides... And all the fans are afraid to admit that, live in your dream land Sony.
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Actually many Sony fans complain about thick bezel, and huge size.
many of them wondering why, Sony was not be able to make Xperia ZU with minimal bezel like the Xperia ZL.
I'm sure there is a good reason why sony uses thick bezel on ZU.
Like it or not Xperia ZU is one of the great achievements in design construction large but
thin, lightweight although using metal and glass (try to compare with 6.3” plastic Galaxy Mega), water and dust resistant
24. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah note 3 will have better camera and battery, but you must remember the real Sony 2013 flagship is Honami.
according to rumours Honami will have no problem to beat note 3.
with bigger screen Xperia Would be better for productivity