Sony Xperia Tablet images surface ahead of possible IFA launch
0. phoneArena 09 Aug 2012, 08:52 posted on
The Sony Xperia Tablet has leaked again and it’s similar but much, much sleeker than the first Sony Tablet S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Sony managed to get great design. Love this!
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
Can it play PS games? And I want JB on board as well.
12. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
playstationa and walkman is standard on this , jellybean we need to wait :)
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree.... PlayStation is a need! i wanna play tekken! :)
24. Nokia-Arte (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
SONY SHOULD USE THERE Z sERIES features on this!
But they never will......
30. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
35. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
I just picked up the original 32GB Sony Tablet S with cradle dock from the recent Woot sale and it's an awesome tablet. I debated whether or not I should invest in an older tablet but the price was too good to pass up. I wasn't sure I would like the wedge design but it's actually very comfortable to hold and the design stands out. It had an ICS update waiting to be installed out of the box and this thing flies. A few devs on XDA are now reporting that the original Tablet S will also get JB, nice to see Sony keeping their customers updated. I will definitely look at this new Xperia tablet when the time comes to upgrade, but right now, this tablet serves my needs just fine. Another plus is the Playstation functionality and some of the value added software Sony adds, its well done, similar to the way HTC does software. The new Xperia should be one of the best Android tablets when it launches.
Also, if you are not ready to go all in and spend over $500 on an Android tablet, and are looking to go larger than 7" (Nexus 7), I would highly recommend the current model, the Tablet S is probably the best designed Android tablet next to the Asus Transformer series, it also has an awesome remote IR blaster that controls all of your home A/V products.
41. tenchu8 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Hey can you add another sdhc card in it and have it recognized by the music apps and say mxplayer...
I want to get an affordable tablet and i dunno if i should get this one or get the nexus 7...
I am PC gamer and i love playing psx games emulated on my asus netbook also i watch youtube videos while on the go (pre-downloaded)
so what i want is a netbook replacement for my 1015 asus...
sony S is tegra 2 while nexus 7 is tegra 3 and it charges with no special adapter, just a normal m-usb, awesome for portability and also very convinient :) but nexus 7 have no sd card slot and only 16 GB :/
2. flipjzn (Posts: 256; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Great design. Looking forward to getting one!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
far more better design than that boring ipad!!!
10. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
hi wendy , that day i went by sony store at setia city mall and the sony tablet S is down to only rm1099 , do you think its a good deal ?
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
IDK... But its better for you to wait this... Slimmer...
31. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Apple can go thermonuclear with any other company, but not to the walkman creator...
36. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Woot just had the 32GB Tablet S with the cradle dock (brand new) for $250. Great price for a great tablet that runs just about anything you throw at it, no lag at all with ICS and it will likely be getting an official release of JB.
23. rf1975 (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Do not say it loudly, Samsung may copy this as well.
28. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Yeah, and only from Sony do you get advanced handcrafted technology.
25. Nokia-Arte (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
SONY WHY COMPROMISE
SONY LIKE NO OTHERS
4. kamil (Posts: 118; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I fancy the design of the sony tablet S but this one looks more polished. sony makes beutiful tablets better than sammy and apples design que
5. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I would have liked if they somehow included the transparent strip. I know that many people hate that part of Sony's design, but to me, it looks very cool :D
6. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
they will kill it if this gorgeous looking tab has low end specs (as they did with most phones). apple combines the good looking and good specs, that why they succeeded, sony should do the same (BTW I hate apple and their products)
if this has full HD and the new snapdragon S4pro chip with quadcore karit and adreno 320, it will be no. one in the whole market guaranteed. and I will be the first one to get it.
13. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
tegra 3 will be tuned by sony to great potential , and s4 pro is not in full production even now , we know of s4 delays ! it should have been full hd , but even half hd isnt a bad deal , all other ways sony has done justice !
18. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I know that the s4pro is not yet released, but neither this tab. I would rather wait few months and get the s4pro than to get the tegra 3 NOW. tegra 3 is one year old, and I don't thing it will handle full HD very well, you need more powerful chip to do so. this looks like an ultimate device, I don't want it to be ruined with tegra 3. in addition, if I am planing to buy this, it won't be cheap, and with tegra 3, with full HD and the fast development of apps and games. next year this device will be really outdated and will lag when using advanced full HD games and apps.
20. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
and yes, half HD isn't bad and isn't excellent either, but again you will buy an ultimate device (why would I get isn't bad one), and by this time next year, most devices will be useing full HD screens and this device will be outdated.
it will be similarly priced as the new ipad, why would you get this if it has less powerful gpu, and worst screen?? (not talking about myself as I won't get an ipad, but talking in general)
they need excellent spec along with this great design to climb to the top
9. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
from the side tablet s looks better
but i think this will be a better device
11. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Sony now has to name its UI something like sense and touchwizz as the timescape sounds too SE. i would also like to see a new lock screen in its smartphone with a new menu pad and timescape ! that's it , the new Sony ui looks awesome !
as for this tablet its cant look any better , apple is the only match wish the resolution was of full HD otherwise this is a tablet to reckon !
14. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 588; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
i think the new UI is called Sony UXP NXT as seen in this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
27. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i have heard a lot of this .. have seen this video too , but its not an official video nor has sony officially stated it , i wish sony also has some numbering like sense3.0 n touchwizz 3.0 , like an android update.. i wonder y these guys arent talking much of UI when HTC and SAMSUNG have its overlay UI as a important thing to speak on
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Beautiful glad i didnt bought the older model
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
That is one great looking tablet and if it launches with jb then it would be awesome
19. Theblaxican (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The fact that this tablet is suppose to be crafted from aluminum has me extremely excited! I just hope that Sony chose to put some decent horsepower under the hood.
26. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i own an ipad2, but this design is great, save for the weird bump at the back. hope it could play ps games as well.
33. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
bump is for placing purpose lol so that u can view the tablet on the table from an angle
40. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
too bad its not a S.E.X device
sony ericcson xperia
37. simonfrady (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)
i really like it. wish it will launch 3G / 4G version to..
38. pyradark (Posts: 857; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
I love the new look of Video Player!!! its beats all types of video player both market & phone default player
43. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
looks so much better from what i can see. but com one SONY still waiting for the GX announcement before i buy the iON