Sony Xperia Tablet Z vs Apple iPad: first look
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2013, 06:00 posted on
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is easily one of the most impressive gadgets we saw at this year’s Mobile World Congress…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Good thing that it's not Ray S. If Ray S. Please make an in depth review of the Xperia Z.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I don't know why you'd want that... he'd just keep talking up the iPad.
16. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
What I meant is that I don't want Ray S to review the Xperia Tablet Z. "If Ray S is going to review it, surely it wil be a biased one".
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The problem for Sony is the slow roll-out and no LTE edition in the U.S. Nothing like a day late and a dollar short.
6. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Xperia Tablet Z looks awesome. The first tablet to make me say that after the iPad 2. But why are they going for the 16:9 route? Tablets, in my opinion, feel best in 4:3, like the iPad. That allows non awkward use in both landscape and portrait. That was the grudge i had against the Surface RT and Surface Pro too. Anyway, the Z is solid. Water resistance is a huge bonus too.
7. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
16:9 is better especially if you watch movies on your tablet often. it makes better use of the screen size. who likes seeing thick black bands on the top and bottom of a 16:9 or even wider movie?
11. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Yes,but on tablet you can alot of other things,not just watching movies.In the portrait mode the 16:9 looks weird for a slate when you are surfing,playing games or other things.
Xperia Z makes samsung look like a sh!t.Sony is back with these 2 incredible handsets:Xperia Z and Tablet Z.Awesome!
10. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
its actually 1200x1920
8. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
@ 0:25 iPad has resolution of 248x1536??? lol
14. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Im an android guy all the way but 16:9 at the 10 inch form factor doesnt do it for me. Holding the tablet vertically is much better for reading with this screen ratio and with the 10 inch tablets its just too tall.
17. romeo1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
The ipad looks really cheap compared to the tablet Z.
I'm getting the Z for sure as I like the 16:9 ratio allot better also in a tablet.
" but Apple still wins in the display department with an almost perfectly calibrated screen offering an astounding amount of detail."
I think this should be tested for the Z and then you could compare.
The ipad has a higher ppi but I don't like the bars on the top and bottom during a fullhd movie .
18. oister85 (Posts: 439; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
would they let me tray for the xperia tablet s
19. lucasug (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Sony made the Xperia Z, the smartphone which i like very much, but then why did they make it look bigger and rename it Xperia Z again and playing it like it's something different just because it looks bigger ? lol