Sony Xperia Tablet Z release date to be in the middle of April, price starting at $600
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 05:55 posted on
Sony's UK online store is now accepting preorders for the Xperia Tablet Z. The super-thin and light tablet is available in 16 and 32 GB options, as well as Wi-Fi and LTE variants...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
$600? No thanks. 32GB Nexus 10 is $500. But the Micro SD option is tempting.
4. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
this is a lot better looking than the nexus 10 too.
29. dragonite99 (unregistered)
with killer features like lower resolution screen and baaaaad viewing angles.. and also sony wont even update it.. only a TRUE sony/walkman fan will buy this crap
17. XperiaUser (unregistered)
and i can give 100$ extra for better design,light weight ,water and dust proof,Snapdragon S4,better camera and SD-Card slot
27. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You do know that the snapdragon S4 pro is not on the same level of the Exynos 5 dual right? It can't even run the Nexus 10 resolution.......
43. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Qualcomm took it down from the S4 pro specs but if you look at this page under display, even the Qualcomm 600 caps off at ipad 4 resolution.
The Qualcom 800 can go slightly higher than Nexus 10 resolution though.
The S4 pro caps off at Full HD 1980 x 1200 I believe. Just research it and you will find it. Either way, the S4 pro in the Xperia Tablet Z can't even run 2560 x 1600.
44. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
More proof of the Exynos 5 dual owning the S4 pro.
I think the S4 pro on the Nexus 4 only beat the Exynos 5 dual in 3 or 4 out of 20 benchmarks and the Exynos 5 dual won the rest, even at a much higher resolution.
28. dragonite99 (unregistered)
seriously?? i am definitely not gonna spend that much on a SONY TABLET..
42. XperiaUser (unregistered)
ah u don't have any idea about SONY
50. dragonite99 (unregistered)
ok so tell me something about them that you think i don't know
19. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
get the killer ipad bros , why something else? !!
30. dragonite99 (unregistered)
for tablets i will also prefer ipads or nexus or MAYBE note series
2. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
600 $ !!
I think thats too much for a wifi only version plus the newer tablets will have a15 processors so ill wait
3. istitch (Posts: 181; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I thought somewhere in youtube the sony guy mentioned it will cost around 500...
5. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
600 bucks for terrible screen and 2012 processor tech with 2010 battery life
RIP Sony, so clueless
11. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's not a terrible display but i'd agree $600 is too much.
20. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
LOL. its LED backlit LCD, watch hands on or read its specs before bashing it.
I rather spend $600 for a tough premium tab.
31. dragonite99 (unregistered)
not even IPS dude.. viewing angles does matter on a huge 10.1 inch tablet
6. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
definitely not worth it. there are better options. sony is really messing their own comeback.
some of the cons:
small battery capacity
lower display resolution compared to market leaders with similar (or even lower) prices
nothing new being offered
design is good but it's not enough to make competitors look less attractive.
the japanese government has aggressively made steps to weaken the yen yet you're still acting like you're going to suffer big losses if you lower your prices.
look at what happened to samsung. they positioned themselves as the less expensive option against sony TVs. now, look what they've become. i don't like samsung but that's not enough to make me less objective.
looks like sony does not have intentions of recovering lost market share.
23. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
so the nexus tab and ipad can go underwater?
lol you would even gonna see the diff. between full HD and 20**x**** of nexus & ipad.
Sorry dude but alot of people fall into Z trap, next is the Tablet Z trap
people will be fall with Water/dust resisitance
24. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Sony's TV are still better than Samsung's TV in a long run
7. Hemlocke (unregistered)
2013, the year we lost Sony Mobile. The Z/ZL are poor, according to most reviews, this tablet is overpriced, and they are bleeding money like there's no tomorrow (and there really isn't for Sony). So long, Sony. You only have yourself to blame.
9. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
sony does not want to play price wars. deluded fellas! they're too obsessed with being classified as a premium device maker.
i can understand the pricing if they deliver excellent products. the problem is they are not offering topnotch devices. their displays are awful. i can't really understand how a smaller company like HTC can produce better displays and sony which is known for quality TVs is unable to keep up.
my love for sony is about to be totally annihilated.
21. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
i heard that line last year " the year we lost Sony Mobile"
and they are 3rd best selling smartphone, 2nd android seller in UK in 2012.
in 2013, Z sold out in france, germany and other country. very good launching sales in japan.
Wake Up people these days will be attracted with sony water/dust resistance and they dont care with bad display and viewing angle. hahahaha
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Shut up and take my money!!!
(Experience the best of Sony in a tablet) :)
32. dragonite99 (unregistered)
lolololol you are too much!!
36. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What do you mean? :\ This is real, maybe I will buy this gorgeous tablet when it release at my country. You think I comment on articles just for getting thumbs up? NO! :P