Sony Xperia Tablet Z release date to be in the middle of April, price starting at $600
Right now, only the Wi-Fi variant can be preordered. According to the store, the tablet should ship somewhere between April 12 and April 15. The 16GB Wi-Fi Xperia Tablet Z costs $600 (£399), while the 32GB Wi-Fi Xperia Tablet Z costs $680 (£449), which comes to show that contrary to what Jessie J appealed to, Sony is yet to forget about the price tag. If you're eying the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, you should keep in mind that only the 32GB version is available in white.
You can place your preorder with Sony's UK site here!
Now that we know how much the Xperia Tablet Z is going to cost, do you still think that it's worth the money?
1. PapaSmurf posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:00 9 6
$600? No thanks. 32GB Nexus 10 is $500. But the Micro SD option is tempting.
4. nicholassss posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:10 10 5
this is a lot better looking than the nexus 10 too.
29. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:42 5 3
with killer features like lower resolution screen and baaaaad viewing angles.. and also sony wont even update it.. only a TRUE sony/walkman fan will buy this crap
17. XperiaUser posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:08 5 4
and i can give 100$ extra for better design,light weight ,water and dust proof,Snapdragon S4,better camera and SD-Card slot
27. Taters posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:13 0 6
You do know that the snapdragon S4 pro is not on the same level of the Exynos 5 dual right? It can't even run the Nexus 10 resolution.......
40. ahhxd717 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:13 0 0
Do you have proof?
43. Taters posted on 20 Mar 2013, 16:53 0 0
Qualcomm took it down from the S4 pro specs but if you look at this page under display, even the Qualcomm 600 caps off at ipad 4 resolution.
The Qualcom 800 can go slightly higher than Nexus 10 resolution though.
The S4 pro caps off at Full HD 1980 x 1200 I believe. Just research it and you will find it. Either way, the S4 pro in the Xperia Tablet Z can't even run 2560 x 1600.
44. Taters posted on 20 Mar 2013, 17:33 0 0
More proof of the Exynos 5 dual owning the S4 pro.
I think the S4 pro on the Nexus 4 only beat the Exynos 5 dual in 3 or 4 out of 20 benchmarks and the Exynos 5 dual won the rest, even at a much higher resolution.
28. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:39 1 2
seriously?? i am definitely not gonna spend that much on a SONY TABLET..
42. XperiaUser posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:33 2 2
ah u don't have any idea about SONY
50. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:26 0 0
ok so tell me something about them that you think i don't know
30. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:44 0 0
for tablets i will also prefer ipads or nexus or MAYBE note series
2. atsamman posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:06 5 6
600 $ !!
I think thats too much for a wifi only version plus the newer tablets will have a15 processors so ill wait
35. Bernoulli posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:02 2 0
You must be American, the tablet is priced originally in sterling pounds, don't worry you people will get it for a more affordable 500 $ didn't think 60 quid was a deal breaker for Americans
46. atsamman posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:53 0 0
Its not just about the money
Its just that I know there gonna be better devices with a lower price soon even now the nexus 10 in my opinion has better specs with a full 200 $ price difference
Now granted! : the xperia tab z hase some nice features like water resistance but who is really gonna use his tab in the pool?!!
I currently have the note 10.1 and its doing just fine
And I dont think am gonna pay 600 $ for a minor update specs wise
And I hope its gonna be 500 $ thats more realistic
47. Bernoulli posted on 21 Mar 2013, 10:07 0 0
The xperia tablet z has a quad core processor while the cheap nexus 10 has a dual, plus pixel density is also better in the xperia tablet, which aspects are you talking about?
48. atsamman posted on 21 Mar 2013, 14:53 0 0
U are very mistaken my friend
The nexus 10 has the highest res on a tablet higher than the xperia z tab and higher than the ipad
And the dual core a15 thats on the nexus is better than the quad a9 on the xperia
Its not about how many cores
the a15 architecture is way superior and forget about the benchmarks cause in real usage they don't mean anything
53. Bernoulli posted on 26 Mar 2013, 22:09 0 0
Nah it lags way too much, I had one and ditched it for the new ipad, I didn't want to have an ios product but I hate products that lag, anyway sorry late reply and Hey mate good luck in your next tablet purchase
3. istitch posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:10 0 0
I thought somewhere in youtube the sony guy mentioned it will cost around 500...
5. drpain posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:13 4 16
600 bucks for terrible screen and 2012 processor tech with 2010 battery life
RIP Sony, so clueless
11. pwnarena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:00 5 3
it's not a terrible display but i'd agree $600 is too much.
20. pyradark posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:43 3 2
LOL. its LED backlit LCD, watch hands on or read its specs before bashing it.
I rather spend $600 for a tough premium tab.
31. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:46 0 3
not even IPS dude.. viewing angles does matter on a huge 10.1 inch tablet
6. pwnarena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:20 8 4
definitely not worth it. there are better options. sony is really messing their own comeback.
some of the cons:
small battery capacity
lower display resolution compared to market leaders with similar (or even lower) prices
nothing new being offered
design is good but it's not enough to make competitors look less attractive.
the japanese government has aggressively made steps to weaken the yen yet you're still acting like you're going to suffer big losses if you lower your prices.
look at what happened to samsung. they positioned themselves as the less expensive option against sony TVs. now, look what they've become. i don't like samsung but that's not enough to make me less objective.
looks like sony does not have intentions of recovering lost market share.
23. pyradark posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:52 4 1
so the nexus tab and ipad can go underwater?
lol you would even gonna see the diff. between full HD and 20**x**** of nexus & ipad.
Sorry dude but alot of people fall into Z trap, next is the Tablet Z trap
people will be fall with Water/dust resisitance
24. rgxVOiD posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:55 3 3
Sony's TV are still better than Samsung's TV in a long run
7. Hemlocke posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:23 5 15
2013, the year we lost Sony Mobile. The Z/ZL are poor, according to most reviews, this tablet is overpriced, and they are bleeding money like there's no tomorrow (and there really isn't for Sony). So long, Sony. You only have yourself to blame.
9. pwnarena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:57 4 2
sony does not want to play price wars. deluded fellas! they're too obsessed with being classified as a premium device maker.
i can understand the pricing if they deliver excellent products. the problem is they are not offering topnotch devices. their displays are awful. i can't really understand how a smaller company like HTC can produce better displays and sony which is known for quality TVs is unable to keep up.
my love for sony is about to be totally annihilated.
21. pyradark posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:47 4 2
i heard that line last year " the year we lost Sony Mobile"
and they are 3rd best selling smartphone, 2nd android seller in UK in 2012.
in 2013, Z sold out in france, germany and other country. very good launching sales in japan.
Wake Up people these days will be attracted with sony water/dust resistance and they dont care with bad display and viewing angle. hahahaha
34. Bernoulli posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:59 0 0
You must be American, don't you Americans live from the government and get paid money to have children? I wish my country did that, no mate the price is 399 £ Americans will get it for 500 $ don't sweat the mcdonald's
41. ahhxd717 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 14:15 0 0
Shut the f**k up. How old are you? If you're just gonna spew ridiculous s**t then just delete your account.
10. xperiaDROID posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:57 7 5
Shut up and take my money!!!
(Experience the best of Sony in a tablet) :)
32. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:49 1 5
lolololol you are too much!!
36. xperiaDROID posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:14 0 0
What do you mean? :\ This is real, maybe I will buy this gorgeous tablet when it release at my country. You think I comment on articles just for getting thumbs up? NO! :P
52. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:31 0 0
good for you then
39. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 13:41 0 1
same pisshead is thumbing me down with every comment of mine.. if you're that you know you are a pisshead
45. xperiaDROID posted on 20 Mar 2013, 22:40 0 0
Dude, I didn't even thumb you down!!! Why would you think like that?? OH WELL, I can choose to ignore you next time, MARK MY WORDS!!
51. dragonite99 (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:29 0 0
dude comment 39 was replied to my own comment 32.. i was not pointing at you.. you mistook the phonearena comments pattern
12. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:02 2 1
Why only in white for 32 gig model? You pay that much for a tablet you should have the choice between either color.
I was really looking at getting this, not so sure anymore.
14. jlp34876 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:39 0 0
Only 6000mah of battery? I think it will only last for 5hrs of watching videos or hd videos, should be at least 7500mah or higher.
22. pyradark posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:48 4 1
Xperia Tablet S is 6000mah, according to alot review internet browsing is up to 10hrs
15. anleoflippy posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:41 0 0
It seems that Sony really making the price high for outside of Asia.
25. pyradark posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:00 0 0
yah. I dont know why? LTE of Z tab is only around $700, so i expect much lower $600 for wifi... cant wait to have it
16. Esf_Kid posted on 20 Mar 2013, 07:44 6 1
i want one. it can be a great partner for my XZ.
i love how Sony makes sexy designs.
18. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:14 4 3
Better buying this than the ipad. And this is the u.k. price people not the u.s. version
37. blackwill posted on 20 Mar 2013, 12:52 1 3
This price is ridiculous for a tablet that is inferior other known brands.
38. ultimatebatman posted on 20 Mar 2013, 13:34 0 0
These price conversions aren't accurate, so I'm not sure why Americans always start with the "high price, no thanks" comments. Like all other tablets, this will cost $500 for the 32GB model once it hits North America.
49. kamil1308 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 17:52 0 1
I dont know why everyone is bitching about the price its really good looking tablet that is water and dust proof. You take your nexus 10 to the beach sand will get into it and you wont be able to wash it and it will probably break. If sand would get on xperia z all you would have to do is wash it and it would work perfectly fine. Smamsungs stuff looks cheap and its made out of plastic sony is more stylish and better in most ways. And there is opcion for white or black on 32 gb so dont be posting theat there isnt.