Sony Xperia Tablet Z pricing and availability info
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 11:55 posted on
Today has been bringing us a lot of new info about the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. We're seeing benchmarks, photo samples, and now we've got the really important information: when you will be able to buy it and how much the tablet will cost. Just be warned, Sony is aiming for this to be a premium tablet, and that means premium pricing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jonartpop (Posts: 156; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I think people would rather buy iPad/Kindle/Nexus7 than this. Way too expensieve. The specs are amazing though.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i agree on the nexus because some want a great tablet for a budget price BUT, the ipad is around the SAME price as this and cant do HALF of what the Z can nor is it waterproof like the sony. So if apple can do it then im damn sure Sony can
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1085; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
flop show from Sony again because of insane pricing!
12. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
N10 = better specs and better price. I love Sony, but I'll take bang-for-buck.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
LOL no doubt, i as well, and even though i dont like samsung im still gonna take the best deal available! nothing to do with personal opinions and my preference for sonys brand, Just business hahaha :)
18. CasperCrash (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Yeah the N10 is better, but not really available here in Europe since not al countries can order phones through Google Play. And if you can get your hands on the N10, it is more expensive than the xperia z. It's a shame. Here in the Netherlands I have to pay €550 for a N10 16gb.
44. cjjohnson86 (Posts: 29; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
To expensive??? did you really just say that and mention ipad in your comment at the same time?
2. yero789 (unregistered)
I don't think it's too expensive :D
3. zeMOo (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I think its a little bit expensive, if you have in mind iPad have the same price and I think iPad make better tablets than Sony. Wait for iPad 5 and it will have the same price and better spec I think . And there is also a Nexus 10 so I wouldnt buy this one.
5. Taters (Posts: 3220; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Both the iPad and Xperia Tablet Z are overpriced.
33. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Same price, yes
But lacking a few minor things like
NFC, Waterproof, dustproof, SD Slot, Miracast, 1080P, IR Blaster
So better Specs? No, maybe the iPad6/7
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1134; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i like it and if one day i wanted to buy a tab, i go for this one.
7. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Big yawn...... if its priced above IPad, no one will buy it , so why bother making it. By the time they cut the price due to lack of sales it will be outdated.
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1134; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
what does Ipad offer except a boring and reiterative design and an useless OS?
this one is perfect.
10. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
SO SOny will sell ten of them for $600 each and drop support. You like that? Buy it.
11. emadshiny (Posts: 1134; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i prefer everything over apple.
its the most useless brand ever. LOL
16. Feanor (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Except that this time around the Tablet Z will be accompanied by the buzz that the Xperia Z created. I think this will be enough to double its sales comparing to the Tablet S. However I also agree that it is a bit overpriced considering that at least from a construction point of view it doesn't sport anymore an aluminium body like the Xperia Tablet S and the iPad.
41. Taters (Posts: 3220; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I dunno, being only a little heavier than an 8 inch tablet and thinner than the ipad mini while sporting a 10.1 inch screen is pretty appealing.
I would buy it over the giant overheating ipad 3/4. And if it was $399 I would buy it over the Nexus 10.
13. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Only Sony can top Apple as the most over priced brand in the world. When was the last time Sony produced any innovation , any product worth their inflated pricing? !986 I believe.
Get real Sony, you lost your luster 2 decades ago.
15. emadshiny (Posts: 1134; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
thats because Sony is the father of apple.
just make a little research and you'll find out that Sony was the source of inspiration for apple to build its first phone.
37. ravigill (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
yes u are right digitalmd ,,,in india mobiles are overpriced....
17. nikenturd (unregistered)
Sony will never learn, expensive much?
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Everything they make is quality, since 1975!
This is SONY™
22. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Everything they make is junk since 1986.
31. nikenturd (unregistered)
The thing is....this isnt the 80's anymore nostalgia boy...if youre playing catch-up to Samsung or Apple...you absolutely have no right to put a premium on your washed-up brand.
19. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I would take it if $600 gives me a wifi + lte version.... wifi only no... thank you...
20. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why compromise, Looks like no other
Looks to die for, pure edge2edge design, not like the typical ugly iPad!
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6567; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I know wat ill be spending my tax money on ;)
26. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Complete s**t for many reasons like plain OS, i mean it lacks software feature which samsung gives and one of the most important things is that it has last year's processor..everyone now is moving to snapdragon 600 but they are stuck at S4 pro...not good and worse because nexus 10 is $100 cheaper and is far more superior in terms of specs and OS(as its a nexus device)!
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Exynos A15 custom made are much better than 800 commercial typical standard junk™®©
27. BattleBrat (Posts: 1090; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I bought the Xperia Tablet S, I dunno what to think of this, sexy as hell yes. But the Tablet S took full sized SD cards (128gb cards FTW!), and is built better than the iPad 4 I have, the light weight might compensate for the size. That and they are charging the same price for the 32Gb Z as they charged for the 64Gb S, but I have a friend who works for Sony who gets me employee discounts on stuff... I dunno, gotta play with one first.
32. ravigill (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
qualcom s4 pro ok ,,8 mp ok.,,waterproof what waterproof definately buy
34. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Sony should price 16GB for $399 and 32GB for $449. I'm afraid it will not move just as previous models
Anyways, impressive tablet indeed (wish the bezels a bit slimmer)
36. pyradark (Posts: 773; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
YES!!! IM READY FOR THIS THING!!!
Dont Bring the Ipad price here coz you cant put it on the water
38. mydi.maus (unregistered)
good price for a water/dust proof tablet and the thinnest one too,,Sony keep it up.
40. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
No matter what the price, this slab's got my money. Looks to die for, good specs, and water proof. Sony has sure started this year with a bang. No wonder Steve Jobs loved Sony.
42. romeo1 (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I think it has a good price because its waterproof.
With this you can watch tv or do anything in you bath or shower.
Sony gets my money this year for this tablet and the Z :D
43. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I wanna know why you guys think the N10 is 'better specced' than this? Dual Core vs Quad Core? Expandable storage vs non-expandable? waterproof vs non-waterproof? premium vs quite frankly cheap & bland design? And the Xperia Tablet Z 16gb (expandable) is not much more, £10 in the UK, than the 32gb Nexus 10... Only thing I can see the N10 has is pure android/faster updates - although i'd bet both will run KLP 5.0, and a higher screen resolution?
And, comparing it to an iPad? That's just ridiculous. iPad's got no chance in it's current state! - Apple's been beaten hands down, whatever way you look at it
45. cjjohnson86 (Posts: 29; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
The response to this tablet shows that consumers aren't willing to pay for much anymore. Considering the specs, camera, screen res, and build when compared to many other tablets out there...this is a dam good Tablet. Seems like people are loyalist to particular brands and to what is popular. Don't seem like anyone gives much thought to products anymore. And I'm sorry but...who the hell keeps comparing this to an Ipad? Last I checked the Ipad does not have expandable memory, 8mp rear cam, water/dust resistant, or a quad core processor. ( Has quad core GPU.)