Sony Xperia Tablet Z hands-on
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 11:53 posted on
One of the most intriguing devices at this year's Mobile World Congress was definitely the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. The legendary Japanese company has tried its luck in tablets before with the Tablet S and Tablet P, but even though those models weren't so bad, they failed to generate any significant buzz. But it looks like Sony isn't willing to give up. The manufacturer is back once again with a new, and this time we believe it has a much bigger chance for success...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
finnally, a tablet that is acutually worth my money AND interest! i think would gladly pay 400 for this tab..... do a comparison between this and the nexus 10 guys, please and thank you :)
9. PhoenixWright (Posts: 100; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Yeah, it's worth my money too. If I had any as of the moment :D
12. nikenturd (unregistered)
You must be rich, this damn tablet is priced in a Sony fashion lmao
16. cheetah2k (Posts: 1026; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Massive border. Bring a tablet with edge to edge display and I'll jump at it!
4. Taters (Posts: 3808; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's a gorgeous tablet. Too bad it is not $399 and too bad the Xperia Z is too big or I would have traded my Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 combo for this.
They should have also kept the Tablet S design and the 9.4 inch screen size. I loved everything about the tablet S except for the screen resolution.
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 1231; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I love the 9.4" screen too, did you know the Xperia tablet S is only one of a few tablets that will fit in an iPad sleeve? And with it's ability to use full sized SD cards I can have 192GB (64+128) on the go! Thing is the Z is larger, and since I'm carrying around two tablets (Three if I take the surface pro along) I wonder if the reduced weight would compensate for the larger size.....
5. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Big yawn...... if its priced above IPad, no one will buy it , so why bother making it. By the time they cut the price due to lack of sales it will be outdated.
6. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
SO Sony will sell ten of them for $600 each and drop support. You like that? Buy it.
7. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Sony is about to fall again after s4 presentation. No chances. Another fail.
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
come on, this is a tablet
whats the relation between this device and S4
10. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Sammy knows how to win, remember 2010 year. When the first ipad was released, it was such a hit. Sammy's tablet was much worse BUT they redesigned it and made the real contender to compete with ipad. It happened so quickly that people were surprised how could the company to make a completely new tablet so instantly. It's sammy's custom concentrate and to release something really strong enough to defeat its glorious enemies)))
14. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
You have to give Samsung it's credit: nobody copies Apple technology better than the South Koreans ;o)
29. heyhi (Posts: 128; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Apple fanboy detected! before you say sammyfanboy, yes i'm a fan of sammy, but also most android phones...what technology r u talking about? the design i agree, but tech?? you're tripping...or yes, i forgot, applefanboy...what about htc? did they "copy" apple's tech?? thats what apple says...do you agree??
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
IPad got so trashed by this, both in the build quality and design department.
How about that.
Seriously, I can't find any flaw on this tablet.
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1259; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Wait till you hear about the price :)
17. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1259; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
21. pyradark (Posts: 797; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
for a water,dust & shatter proof!!
so what with the price.
atleast you get somethin New than the old lame iPad
18. kobainez (Posts: 316; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I didn't see any comments from sammy fanboys or sony haters about the viewing angles... The screen must be really good and has good viewing angles. Definitely IPS
20. pyradark (Posts: 797; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its LCD led Backlit!! according to gsmarena, the viewing angle improve and very good contrast
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6961; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
SONY USING THEIR MOBILE BRAVIA ENGINE II or you're just plan damn stupid too realize that
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it is really cool and awsome thing but bad thing it has android in it which makes it another toy sorry next...... no real work possible in it
25. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Eh... I will only get Sony if it's a Nexus device (tablets and/or phones), but that's just me...
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6961; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WANT A U.S. RELEASE DATE PLEASE SONY