Sony Xperia TX vs Galaxy S III vs iPhone 5 vs HTC One X vs Xiaomi Mi-Two camera comparison
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2012, 06:02 posted on
It's not every day we see the Xiaomi Mi-Two Chinese flagship in a camera comparison, let alone against the Sony Xperia TX, iPhone 5, 4S, Galaxy S III and the HTC One X...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
looks almost the same for me, the only different is the night shot, some produce yellow warm and some cool bright white...
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i dont get how sony can make the cameras for both the iphone and the galaxy, yet have less quality pictures for themselves!
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
i'm actually like its night shot, take a look at the the bridge, pic #3 :)
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
not saying they're bad pictures by any means, but how in the world do you make something for someone else, thats better than what you are putting in your own device??
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
not actually really understand what you mean... blame my bad english... can you clarify more?
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh now I'm understand, probably because they offer a premium price to sony, that's why sony gave them the quality product, simple as that
And I must apologize for my madness on previous comment above, sorry :x
26. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Sony is providing camera sensors to Apple Samsung LG .etc...The same is used in their phones.But in some cases the images are not so good compared to others.Sony is working on that issue. Thier New Exmor RS sensor will be seen on Flagship 2013 phone...Odin/Yuga...
6. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Apple tweaks the camera in terms of the software so it looks more detailed. I believe Sony compresses the photos so it loses quality, but that is only my guess.
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
well its time for Sony to do the same! They should be in the lead in the camera department here sorry......Nokia....then Sony period!
9. shahulvm (Posts: 108; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Infact Samung SIII, Note 2, Iphone 5 and Xperia T - all use Sony's BSI sensor for the camera module. The difference is how software is programmed to save the image (hue, colour saturation, white balance etc). Sony w.r.t to camera are good at hardware but lack the software tweaks to ace the competition.
10. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
It looks like Iphone 5 was defeated by Iphone 4s couple of times. Htc one X was the loser at every point. GS3 had some good performence and some very bad ones. Xperia TX didn't do very good in some sectors. And it was so so. But Xiaomi mi2 surprisingly did well despite being a "Chinese brand" according to ifans and galaxy fans. But I still think Iphone 5 has better camera performence.
22. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
In first picture, the One X actually managed to better the S3 and TX.. Look at the amount of details and stabilization it has.. and the night shot.. It's really not the loser at every point.. The iPhones lose to all in the first night shot, and in the first picture, they have more purplish hue (look at the reflection of light on the lower right hand corner).. Their white balance is slightly off compared to the S3 and TX but slightly better than the One X.. Every phone here has its weakness and strength..
11. Mghazisohail (Posts: 23; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
bring in Lumia 920 the clear winner!!!
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
in low light condition only.. Nearly every tech sites seem to agree on that.
16. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Lumia 920 is better in low light conditions and in video performance.
23. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Naahh.. Bring the 808 instead.. Lumia 920 has a really jumpy WB.. and daylight shots are less than stellar, but have to say that night shots are spectacular and videos are amazing.. So no, it won't be the clear winner..
17. MC1123 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
looks good...but bring in the kings N8 and Lumia 920 and bring also the God--- 808 Pureview...lets see what will happen!
20. MC1123 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
sony's picture are good..but could be better...coz all i know only nokia and sony makes ground breaking camera tech on mobile world!
will wait for that new flagship!!!
still wishing the cybershot line to be back!
21. pyradark (Posts: 741; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
they win on Daylight but on
Night SONY WINS!! Hands Down
24. romeo1 (Posts: 178; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
the problem with sony is that the auto mode isn't well optimised had the same problem with the xperia s you need to change the settings to get the best results but it should already do allot better in auto mode than what it is now
25. romeo1 (Posts: 178; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Oh and the sensors aren't the same the "t" sensor is actually better even the "s" sensor is better not only because of the mp